SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Politician: Homosexual activity caused earthquake

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Politician: Homosexual activity caused earthquake

[b]Politician: Homosexual activity caused earthquake[/b]

The recent earthquake that was felt across Israel was the result of the "homosexual activity practiced in the country", Knesset Member Shlomo Benizri said Wednesday.

During a special Knesset session on Israel's preparedness for the possibility of another earthquake hitting the region, the Shas member said "the Gemara refers to earthquakes as disasters, but you are searching only for the practical solutions how to prevent and repair.

"But I no of another way to prevent earthquakes; the Gemara mentions a number of causes of earthquakes, one of which is homosexuality, which the Knesset legitimizes," Benizri said. ...

read more: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3509263,00.html

2008/2/22 15:00Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Politician: Homosexual activity caused earthquake

Quote:
Last month fellow Shas member Nissim Ze'ev stirred controversy when he referred to the local gay movement as a "plague that could destroy Jewish Israel," adding that it should be treated "just as the Health Ministry dealt with the bird flu epidemic."

2008/2/22 15:01Profile

Re:

"just as the Health Ministry dealt with the bird flu epidemic."

This is outrageous and hateful!

Do you really want to advance this kind of message???

what they are saying is: "KILL ALL THE HOMOSEXUALS AND GOD WILL STOP THE EARTHQUAKES."

aren't tectonic plate movements a good enough explanation?

in Tokyo Japan, they have mild earthquakes very regularly. is there a preponderance of homosexuals in Japan??

it is this kind of rationalizing that leads those who are not Christians to accuse us of hating the sinners as much or more than we hate the sin.

grow up, get a life!!

bub

2008/2/22 16:08
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
what they are saying is: "KILL ALL THE HOMOSEXUALS AND GOD WILL STOP THE EARTHQUAKES."

No, he is making the very accurate point that practiced SIN that the bible condemns will kill not only the moral climate of the society but will bring the judgement of God upon a society: morally, spiritually and eventually physically.

Homosexual (sodomy) sin is just as hazardous or arguably more to the body then the bird flu.

2008/2/22 16:18Profile

Re:

WRONG!

the way they dealt with bird flu was to kill all the chickens and other birds that were the carriers, the vector.

he is most definately making this comparison, and inciting people to kill homosexuals.

bub

2008/2/22 16:29

Re:

There seem to be many earthquakes lately, one in Norway, one in Nevada and who knows how many more.

So does that mean all places that have earthquakes have an extremely high activity of homosexuality?

Are we still in the age of Grace, or has the Great Tribulation begun....the one like we have never seen before since the foundation of the world?

Wells NV, I wonder.....is there an extremely high activity of Homosexuality there?

News reports as this WILL definitely set people who are **wing nuts** to go out on vigilante crusades!

Katy

2008/2/22 16:55
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Quote:

So does that mean all places that have earthquakes have an extremely high activity of homosexuality?
Katy

Probably not, but certainly means what brother Greg said:

No, he is making the very accurate point that practiced SIN that the bible condemns will kill not only the moral climate of the society but will bring the judgement of God upon a society: morally, spiritually and eventually physically.

And also means this:

Gal 6:7 [b]Be not deceived; God is not mocked:[/b] for [u]whatsoever[/u] a man soweth, that shall [u]he also reap[/u].
Gal 6:8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Quote:
Are we still in the age of Grace, or has the Great Tribulation begun....the one like we have never seen before since the foundation of the world?

Yes, we are still in the age of Grace, but the wrath of God is at the door.

2008/2/22 17:04Profile
SimpleLiving

Minnesota, USA

Re:

Quote:

This is outrageous and hateful!

Do you really want to advance this kind of message???

Hello Bub,

The Bible is clear in teaching that our choices have consequences. Proverbs 7:2 and Galatians 6:7-8 are just two of the examples. Scripture also teaches that sin brings judgment in Proverbs 22:8. Homosexuality is a result of sin, which ultimately leads to choice as described in Romans 1:24-27. 1 Corinthians 6:9 says that homosexuals won't inherit the kingdom of God.

All this to say that God hates sin. [i]Hates it![/i] He finds it offensive. It mentions the sin of homosexuality specifically throughout the Bible. It's one of the sins specifically spelled out as hateful to God. So, yes, we are to hate sin, too, not be politically correct about it.

2008/2/22 17:29Profile

Re:

Simpleliving,

i do not disagree with what you say. God does hate homosexuality and it should not be encouraged. (I think some men are born effeminate, some women born masculine, and that there is a certian proportion of the population that is genetically predisposed to homosexuality. Nevertheless, these people should be encouraged to practice celibacy, because God's word makes it clear that He intends us for monogomous male/female marriage. Why this predisposal was placed on these people isn't my businesss, it's according to God's plan for them.)

what is most offensive is the idea that we should treat sinners (the practicing homosexuals in this case) with the same process, in the same manner as we treated birds during the bird flu scare.

the birds carried the disease in that case and the implication here is clear: the homosexuals are the disease carriers that we must rid our society of, or God will rattle our bones with earthquakes.

there really is no other way to interpret this. the Health department mandated the destruction of the bird carriers that were the vector of this disease. the implication is that practicing homosexuals are passing their sin to others (and no doubt, they are!) because society has not been diligently opposing their sinful practices, as God would have us do. (Yet, God does not call upon us to murder, does He?)

when do we start chopping off the hands of thieves?? burning witches at the stake?? etc.

bub

2008/2/22 18:01
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

bubbaguy wrote:

Quote:

(I think some men are born effeminate, some women born masculine, and that there is a certian proportion of the population that is genetically predisposed to homosexuality. Nevertheless, these people should be encouraged to practice celibacy, because God's word makes it clear that He intends us for monogomous male/female marriage. Why this predisposal was placed on these people isn't my businesss, it's according to God's plan for them.)

Bubbleguy,

I respect your views. But this is all that this statement is, your views. NO where in the word will you find a hint of God making men into women and women into men. No where will you find God predispositioning people to these forms of pervertidness. You WILL see God passing judgement on it.

What you said IS the theory and views of an unsaved world looking to justify their sin. Man made this "doctrine", not God.

I love you, but this is wrong.

2008/2/22 18:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy