SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The law

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote:

Strider100 wrote:

I want to post a few verses by Paul from Romans, which emphasize Paul's love of the law of the Father:

Greetings Strider...

I'm hoping-- and I think many others here are hoping the same thing-- that we can help you see something that you appear to have a "blind spot" about. In that vein, I just want to quote a verse for all of us to remember.

"And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, in meekness instructing those who oppose themselves..." (2 Tim. 2.25).

So I'm hoping that you are a sincere lover of the Truth (our Lord Jesus Christ) ...and that this is an area that for whatever reason, you just haven't "had the lightbulb go on yet."

Having said that, may I ask you one question. You are continuously trying to remind us that Paul held the Torah in high regard.

No one doubts that. (But you are continually quoting a lot of his references to the Torah out of context.)

...But I want to ask you this one thing. If Paul was advocating that the Torah still stands, and the the people of God are to continue to keep the Torah, why was the man so hated and persecuted by the Jews?

"And I brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? Then is the offence of the Cross ceased" (Gal. 5.11).

(And by "circumcision" I am sure you know... it was the one word that came to signify the bond of the covenant: by circumcision was meant the keeping of the whole Torah. Although it meant something entirely different to Abraham... but that's another matter.)

By the way, I notice that you made no comment to my previous post: maybe you're still thinking about it... but I'd appreciate an answer to this one.

Thanks,
AD

2008/2/11 22:03Profile

Re:

Katy-did said:

Who are those guys...anyway!!!

Shalom...Yeshua....Torah...

I know a little Hebrew. His name is Rabbi Lenny Finkelstein...5'6" tall, and 5'6" wide Are you impressed?

My reply to this Katy is ... [b][color=0000ff][size=xxx-small] Your words are disgraceful and hurtful. [/b][/color][/size]

I trust you can live with this hatred I detect in your posts.

Shalom in Yeshua the Messiah

Stephen

2008/2/11 22:16
jgraves11

Munford, TN

Re:

Stephen said

Quote:
However, I trust that you are not saying that the words (Scripture) given by our Father is a curse as many seem to say.

The law is not a curse, but those who try to earn God's favor through are cursed by it. Not just in justification either. I think that is the point everyone is laboring to make. Even our santification is in Christ. All we have to offer God is in Christ.
Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? zIt was before your eyes that Jesus Christ was publicly aportrayed as crucified. 2 Let me ask you only this: bDid you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by chearing with faith? 3 Are you so foolish? dHaving begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by1 the flesh? 4 eDid you suffer2 so many things in vain—if indeed it was in vain? 5 Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and fworks miracles among you do so gby works of the law, or by hearing with faith— 6 just as hAbraham “believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”?
7 Know then that it is ithose of faith who are jthe sons of Abraham. 8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that kGod would justify3 the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, l“In you shall all the nations be blessed.” 9 So then, those who are of faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith.
The Holy Bible : English standard version. 2001 (Ga 3:1-9). Wheaton: Standard Bible Society.

2008/2/11 22:19Profile

Re:

You'd have to be actually Jewish to understand that Stephen. Hoping you'll learn what "Shalom" means by the way because so far you've made a hurtful disgrace of it yourself.

You're in NO position to judge Katy - believe me when I tell ya.

HIS NAME is not spoken or typed as you have - but is Ha Shem to a True Jew - so you are disgracing the Jews more than a former Jewish girl making Jewish jokes. You should hear our Jewish relative's jokes and what they say about some of the things they hear from Messianics who aren't Jewish. 'That' is NOT a good witness to our relatives, at all.

Jesus is Yehoshua and if you want to do it properly - please type "G-d".

:-(

2008/2/11 22:26

Re:

Thank you Brothers AD and Graves.

Sorry to interrupt.

2008/2/11 22:29
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Strider,

I'm hurt for your sake for the comment by Katy.

The reproach she aimed at you fell on me.

Please forgive.

AD

2008/2/11 22:34Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

"...Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting..." (Eph. 5.4).

2008/2/11 22:38Profile

Re:

Brothers, Katy has fought the good fight of faith here since she has been a member. She's knows The Word and uses it better than most brothers I've met.

I am sure, with the respect that she has for His Word that she meant nothing toward HIS WORD - but the words of those who use a language that is not native to them to make Gentile Christians feel of the lesser sort.

I have been reading Paul all day and I do believe with the tears he shed in Acts 20 and reading all of Galatians and Romans - he would not be having his eyes on Katy this day but on those who have come with a different Gospel and a different Jesus.

She has earnestly contended for The Faith - while others have come bringing nothing but discord and insults.

She is Jewish besides or was but is - as we all actually are according to Paul. She needs to be seen for the full extent of time she's contended for the faith and not for her Jewish joke after much posting of Truth.

I say, Paul would not side against her this day.

Just what I feel after having to read Galatians and Romans since Saturday Night.

Thank you!

2008/2/11 23:09

Re:

With your permission I will now kindly remove myself from this post. With the current demeanour of the participants, I see no benefit to continuing this discussion.

Thankyou to all for your input.

Shalom

Stephen

2008/2/11 23:35
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Stephen...

I don't know if you'll be back for another look at this thread... but I'm sorry to see you go.

We ought to have been able to continue this critically important discussion with meekness, with maturity, and respect for one another.

What happened here was not right, and grieved my spirit.

AD

2008/2/12 0:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy