SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Access over 100,000+ Sermons from Ancient to Modern
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : the ancient paths

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:

wildbranch wrote:
Christiaan asked: Is this true Wildbranch? (re who is Jesus)

I agree with these verses as testified to by the Apostles:

I declare along with Simon Peter, that Yeshua is the Anointed One, the Son of the living God!

Matt 16: 15-17 "He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?" Simon Peter replied, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." And Jesus answered him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jona! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven.

also, my belief is stated quite clearly in the following verses:

John 17: 3 "And this is eternal life, that they know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent".

Luke 1: 32-33 "He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High; and the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there will be no end."

1 Tim 2: 5-6a: "For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all"

1 Cor 8: 5-6: "For although there may be so-called gods in heaven or on earth -- as indeed there are many "gods" and many "lords" -- yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist."

Acts 4: 10-12: "be it known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by him this man is standing before you well. This is the stone which was rejected by you builders, but which has become the head of the corner. And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."

Acts 5: 30-31: "But Peter and the apostles answered, "We must obey God rather than men. The God of our fathers raised Jesus whom you killed by hanging him on a tree. God exalted him at his right hand as Leader and Savior, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins. And we are witnesses to these things, and so is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey him."

Acts 7: 55-56: "But he (Stephen), full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God; and he said, "Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing at the right hand of God."

Heb 7:21-22 "...The Lord has sworn and will not change his mind, `Thou art a priest for ever.'" This makes Jesus the surety of a better covenant. The former priests were many in number, because they were prevented by death from continuing in office; but he holds his priesthood permanently, because he continues for ever. Consequently he is able for all time to save those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them. For it was fitting that we should have such a high priest, holy, blameless, unstained, separated from sinners, exalted above the heavens.

Rev 3:14 "The words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God's creation'.

Rom 1: 3-4 "the gospel concerning his Son, who was descended from David according to the flesh and designated Son of God in power according to the Spirit of holiness by his resurrection from the dead, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Hi Sharon

Just wandered over from the other thread ;-)

So can you say with Thomas, "My Lord and my God"?

Can you say with John, "The Word was God"? (Any Greek scholar - even those who are unbelievers - could tell you that the Greek of this sentence allows for no other possible meaning)

Can you agree with Jesus when He said:

"I and my Father are one";
"I am";
"my Father worketh...and I work" so making himself equal with God (the Jewish leaders accused Him of that and He didn't bother to deny it)?

...and so on...

Jeannette

2008/2/11 18:26
wildbranch

Re: ancient paths

Quote:

[i]LittleGift wrote:
Quote:

wildbranch wrote:
Christiaan asked: Is this true Wildbranch? (re who is Jesus)
I agree with these verses as testified to by the Apostles:
I declare along with Simon Peter, that Yeshua is the Anointed One, the Son of the living God!
Matt 16: 15-17 "He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?" Simon Peter replied, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." And Jesus answered him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jona! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven.
also, my belief is stated quite clearly in the following verses:
John 17: 3 "And this is eternal life, that they know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent".
Luke 1: 32-33 "He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High; and the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there will be no end."
1 Tim 2: 5-6a: "For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all"
1 Cor 8: 5-6: "For although there may be so-called gods in heaven or on earth -- as indeed there are many "gods" and many "lords" -- yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist."
Acts 4: 10-12: "be it known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by him this man is standing before you well. This is the stone which was rejected by you builders, but which has become the head of the corner. And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."
Acts 5: 30-31: "But Peter and the apostles answered, "We must obey God rather than men. The God of our fathers raised Jesus whom you killed by hanging him on a tree. God exalted him at his right hand as Leader and Savior, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins. And we are witnesses to these things, and so is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey him."
Acts 7: 55-56: "But he (Stephen), full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God; and he said, "Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing at the right hand of God."
Heb 7:21-22 "...The Lord has sworn and will not change his mind, `Thou art a priest for ever.'" This makes Jesus the surety of a better covenant. The former priests were many in number, because they were prevented by death from continuing in office; but he holds his priesthood permanently, because he continues for ever. Consequently he is able for all time to save those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them. For it was fitting that we should have such a high priest, holy, blameless, unstained, separated from sinners, exalted above the heavens.
Rev 3:14 "The words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God's creation'.
Rom 1: 3-4 "the gospel concerning his Son, who was descended from David according to the flesh and designated Son of God in power according to the Spirit of holiness by his resurrection from the dead, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Hi Sharon

Just wandered over from the other thread ;-)
So can you say with Thomas, "My Lord and my God"?
Can you say with John, "The Word was God"? (Any Greek scholar - even those who are unbelievers - could tell you that the Greek of this sentence allows for no other possible meaning)
Can you agree with Jesus when He said:
"I and my Father are one";
"I am";
"my Father worketh...and I work" so making himself equal with God (the Jewish leaders accused Him of that and He didn't bother to deny it)?
...and so on...
Jeannette

[/i]

Jeanette, glad that you wondered over to this thread....hope you take the time to read it.

As to your questions, they remind me of something I have read before...

[b]"..The Spanish Inquisition was directed at ridding the country of the so-called Judaising Christians. These were termed Marranos (or pigs). From the terms of the Inquisition and the comments we know that they not only kept the Sabbath but that they denied the Trinity, kept the Holy Days including Atonement and also kept the food laws. The Edict of the Faith shows the means by which the heretics could be identified. Jews and Muslims were also caught up in this persecution but the persecution was not directed at them but at the church of God which they also called Sabbatati, Insabbatati or Insabathi..." - Detailed)[/b]

If all the verses I quoted are not enough to satisfy you of my faith in God through the grace of Messiah Yeshua, nothing can. Sorry.

He did not require this type of inquisition to be held on those who came to Him...

Sharon

:-(

2008/2/11 18:53Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: the ancient paths

I have been pondering the "ancient paths" and the "good way" spoken of by Jeremiah in 6:16. There has only ever been one good way, one way of salvation, it is through the grace of Jesus Christ. This is the way that all the saints of the Bible have walked in. Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and all the others walked this way.

Immediately after the Fall came the promise of this way. And all throughout history men have been justified by Christ's righteousness and forgiven by His blood. Of course we who live today have the benefit of a clearer view of the whole plan of salvation but there has never been any other "path".

In Christ,

Ron

2008/2/11 19:12Profile
wildbranch

Re: ancient paths

Quote:

[i]InTheLight wrote:
I have been pondering the "ancient paths" and the "good way" spoken of by Jeremiah in 6:16. There has only ever been one good way, one way of salvation, it is through the grace of Jesus Christ. This is the way that all the saints of the Bible have walked in. Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and all the others walked this way.

Immediately after the Fall came the promise of this way. And all throughout history men have been justified by Christ's righteousness and forgiven by His blood. Of course we who live today have the benefit of a clearer view of the whole plan of salvation but there has never been any other "path".[/i]

I agree. Messiah Himself walked in the way, and we are to 'Walk as He Walked'.

Sharon

2008/2/11 20:20Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

All Jesus required was the answer to this simple question;

Who do you say that I am?

In Christ: Phillip

2008/2/11 20:35Profile
wildbranch

Re: who do you say I am?

Quote:

Christinyou wrote:
[i]All Jesus required was the answer to this simple question;
Who do you say that I am?[/i]

Yes. And to that I [b]heartily agree[/b] with and stand with the Apostle Peter when he answered:

Matt 16: 15-17 "He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?" Simon Peter replied, [color=660000][b]"You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."[/color][/b] And Jesus answered him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jona! For flesh
and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven.

In Christ, Son of the Living God,
Sharon
:-)

2008/2/11 20:45Profile

Re:

InTheLight said:

[i][color=0000ff]I have been pondering the "ancient paths" and the "good way" spoken of by Jeremiah in 6:16. There has only ever been one good way, one way of salvation, it is through the grace of Jesus Christ. This is the way that all the saints of the Bible have walked in. Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and all the others walked this way.

Immediately after the Fall came the promise of this way. And all throughout history men have been justified by Christ's righteousness and forgiven by His blood. Of course we who live today have the benefit of a clearer view of the whole plan of salvation but there has never been any other "path".[/i][/color]

[i][b][size=xx-small][color=3300CC]Nicely said Ron ... there has only ever been one path, and that is through the atoning work of Yeshua the Messiah[/color][/size][/b][/i]

Shalom

Stephen

[i][b][color=FF9900]" 'O for a thousand tongues to sing my great Redeemers' praise. "[/color][/b][/i]

2008/2/11 20:47
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote:

""In Christ, Son of the Living God,
Sharon""

Praise God my sister.

Your brother in Christ: Phillip

2008/2/12 3:22Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Sharon, you said

"I agree. Messiah Himself walked in the way, and we are to 'Walk as He Walked'."

The Lord Jesus said,

[b][color=660000] Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise. [/color][/b]

- John 5:19(KJV)

When a woman accused of being taken in the act of adultery was brought before Him, the Lord Jesus said

[b][color=660000]He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. [/color][/b]

- John 8:7(KJV)

In the law of Moses it was written,

[b][color=000000] And the man that committeth adultery with [i]another[/i] man's wife, [i]even he[/i] that committeth adultery with his neighbor's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death. [/color][/b]

- Leviticus 20:10(KJV)

After all of her accusers left, none having condemned her, He said to her

[b][color=660000]Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. [/color][/b]

- John 8:11(KJV)

Did the Lord Jesus makes this judgement by the Law of Moses, or by some other way?

2008/2/12 16:40Profile

Re:

post deleted, not helpful, need more time to pray

2008/2/12 19:50

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy