SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Access over 100,000+ Sermons from Ancient to Modern
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : the ancient paths

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
wildbranch

Re: ancient paths

Quote:

ChrisJD wrote:
Hi Sharon,
"He sure did, Chris! He also told us to walk as He walked."
You mean without sin?

Yes, without sin (remember that sin is defined as transgression of the law). He promised to send the power of the Holy Spirit to enable us to, and if we sin, we have an advocate with the Father...

What do you think?:-)

Sharon

2008/2/10 15:06Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi Sharon,

Not sure what you mean here...

"You are so right, Chris! Then the next verse goes on to say:

Therefore, behold, I will make them know, this once I will make them know my power and my might, and they shall know that my name is YHWH"

Were you thinking of Exodus 3:14 and John 8:24,58?

[b][color=000000]And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. [/color][/b]

- Exodus 3:14(KJV)

[b][color=660000]...Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. [/color][/b]

- John 8:58(KJV)

Chris

2008/2/10 15:11Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi Sharon,

You said,

"Yes, without sin (remember that sin is defined as transgression of the law)."

The Lord Jesus said,

[b][color=660000]If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. [/color][/b]

- John 15:10(KJV)

But of the Law, Paul the Apostle writes,

[b][color=000000]...it is written, Cursed [i]is[/i] every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. [/color][/b]

- Galatians 3:10(KJV)

2008/2/10 15:29Profile
wildbranch

Re:

quote: Therefore, behold, I will make them know, this once I will make them know my power and my might, and they shall know that my name is YHWH"
Were you thinking of Exodus 3:14 and John 8:24,58?"

No Chris - I just checked the Hebrew. It says YHWH in that verse.

Thanks

2008/2/10 15:44Profile
wildbranch

Re: ancient paths

Quote:

ChrisJD wrote:
Hi Sharon,
You said,
"Yes, without sin (remember that sin is defined as transgression of the law).
The Lord Jesus said
[b][color=660000]If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. [/color][/b]

- John 15:10(KJV)

But of the Law, Paul the Apostle writes,

[b][color=000000]...it is written, Cursed [i]is[/i] every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. [/color][/b]

Chris, could you explain to me the difference between the law and the commandments?

I undertand that the commandments of God are contained in His Law (the Torah). Jesus kept the commandments of God. We are to walk as He walked.

Thanks
Sharon

2008/2/10 15:49Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Sharon,

You said

"No Chris - I just checked the Hebrew. It says YHWH in that verse."

According to Strong's the word translated I AM in Exodus 3:14 is

H1961
היה
hâyâh
haw-yaw'
A primitive root (compare H1933); to exist, that is, be or become, come to pass (always emphatic, and not a mere copula or auxiliary): - beacon, X altogether, be (-come, accomplished, committed, like), break, cause, come (to pass), continue, do, faint, fall, + follow, happen, X have, last, pertain, quit (one-) self, require, X use.

Also accodring to Strong's the word translated LORD in Exodus 3:15 is

H3068
יהוה
yehôvâh
yeh-ho-vaw'
From H1961; (the) self Existent or eternal; Jehovah, Jewish national name of God: - Jehovah, the Lord. Compare H3050, H3069.

The Lord Jesus said

[b][color=660000]...Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. [/color][/b]

- John 8:58(KJV)

2008/2/10 16:21Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Sharon, you said

"We are to walk as He walked."

[b][color=000000]For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. [/color][/b]

- Romans 8:14(KJV)

Did you see my question to you about if it was lawfull to gather food on the Sabbath day?

2008/2/10 16:24Profile
wildbranch

Re: sabbath

Chris asked:
Did you see my question to you about if it was lawfull to gather food on the Sabbath day?

Ooopsie, sorry Chris, I missed that one!

I believe the intent of the Torah there is not to gather in a crop or other foodstuffs on the Sabbath, as that would be working.

The Pharisees sought to catch Yeshua, and would like to believe that picking a few ears of wheat as they walked through the field was the same as 'gathering food'. Yeshua dispelled that notion and exposed that narrow-minded control that sought to place extra burdens on people. Their 'gotcha' moment was shown for what it was, to their embarrassment.

Chris, do you believe that Yeshua broke the Sabbath commandment?

Thanks!
Sharon

2008/2/10 16:51Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote:
""Amen and Amen, Christinyou! HalleluYah, what a Saviour!""

Then do you believe this?

1 John 3:9-10 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

What is the sin that condemned the whole world?

By the Christ that is in us, that is His Seed that remaineth in us, we cannot commit this sin because of the Christ in us.

Do we sin? Yes, but we have an advocate with the Father for the sins we comit in the flesh.

1 John 1:5-10 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

We cannot sin in the Spirit, that is Christ. That is if the Spirit of Christ dwell in you.

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

1 Peter 1:5-9 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations: That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

It is not the Law that we should obey, but the Christ that is in us. Which is the power of God unto our salvation. "Love one another as I have love you" and "gave myself for you."

What Keeps us? Even in our sin? Jesus Christ and the Power of God.

I can not sin the sin of Adam ever again, "because His Seed (Christ) remains in me".

Satan out, Christ in.

I can still sin because of my flesh, and praise God He has given me the ability to get rid of this flesh and to plant the incorruptable Seed in the Ground and it will bring forth much fruit.

John 12:23-24 And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

We must die the same way and be resurrected in the flesh which is the last evidence of our salvation in Christ. We are saved in Spirit, "HIS SEED". We are being saved in our sould-mind and we will be saved in our body.

2Cr 1:10 Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver [us];

We cannot live by the Law, because it kills. We can only Live Eternally in Christ Jesus by Grace through Faith, that not even being of ourselves.

1 Peter 1:3-7 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations: That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

Through the incorruptable Seed birthed in us by the Father, making us son's of God, "Christ being the first born among many".

1Jo 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, [even] our faith.

1Jo 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

Not my works but His that worketh in me to do of His good will and pleasure.

It is by His works we are saved, it is by His works we are being saved, it is in His works we will be saved.

The Mystery of Christ in you.

Colossians 1:25-29 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

According to the Power of God and the working of Jesus Christ in me mightily.

How will all men know that we are the disciples of Christ? Not by our righteousness, but by His righteousness made by God the Father in us. In this keeping His commandment, "Love one another".

They will know us by our Love. Unless righteousness is of Jesus Christ, it is self righteousness.

In Christ: Phillip

2008/2/10 22:24Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi Sharon,

You said,

"I believe the intent of the Torah there is not to gather in a crop or other foodstuffs on the Sabbath, as that would be working."

The Lord Jesus said

[b][color=660000]For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day. [/color][/b]

- Matthew 12:8(KJV)

But as to what the law said,

[b][color=660000]...Have ye not read what David did, when he was hungry, and they that were with him; How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests [/color][/b]

- Matthew 12:3-4(KJV)

2008/2/10 22:41Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy