SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Calvinism—Arminianism, Which?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
LiveforGod

Re:

Hello my friend roaringlamb. I can see that you believe in the doctrines of John Calvin. I will not try prove anything here. I know that nothing I say has the power to change anybody, it is only the Holly spirit who has the power to change men and women everywhere. I have been changed by the Holly spirit's work in me. I have been clensed from all sin. The blood of the Lamb keeps me clean and holly for himself. You see we can spend an eternity arguing this subject and at the end we would bothe think the same way we started , unless the holly spirit of God changes us. One thing I do know, and that is that to know be God's son one must be his child. And to be his child one must live holly lives. Are you Holly and have you been clensed by the Blood of Christ? If yes, then you are my brother, and we have the power of Christ to overcome any temptation. His blood enables us to live Holly without sin. Amen. Blessings

2008/1/21 18:42Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Quote:
I can see that you believe in the doctrines of John Calvin

No, I believe the Scriptures, and what the totality of Scripture teaches.

Quote:
I know that nothing I say has the power to change anybody

As do I, yet there is a need to represent properly that which is being discussed, and let God do what He will. It is deceptive to say things that may or may not be true about a view, and gives a person no credibility when in the discussion.

Quote:
Are you Holly and have you been clensed by the Blood of Christ?

No I am not green and pointy :-P Sorry I couldn't resist!

I am as holy as Christ is because I have been placed in Him by faith.

Quote:
His blood enables us to live Holly without sin.

So you never sin? Wow, that's amazing cause I know for a fact that I do not love God with all my heart all the time, neither do I love my neighbor as myself all the time. As far as I know, that is sin because sin is the transgression of the law.

But praise God, Christ has redeemed me, and I shall be saved as the Spirit mold me into His image. But I will never be sinless until glory.

2008/1/21 18:58Profile
LiveforGod

Re:

Allright my dear friend. I see what your saying. Let us proseed in the narrow way. Let us fight the good fight. Let us please God with all our hearts, minds, strenghts, souls. To God be all the Glory for ever and ever more. I am unworthy to be child of God, and I desire that you would Glorify God with all you have. All I want to know is God, and God alone. I would prefere that than to be the Greates theologian among men. Thank God for his Blood.

2008/1/21 19:24Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Amen, and that is the cry of the Spirit!

2008/1/21 19:31Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

How can any men be Holy? Who among us is without sin?

1Pe 1:16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

Lev 10:13 And ye shall eat it in the holy place, because it [is] thy due, and thy sons' due, of the sacrifices of the LORD made by fire: for so I am commanded.

Lev 11:44 For I [am] the LORD your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I [am] holy: neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Lev 11:45 For I [am] the LORD that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: ye shall therefore be holy, for I [am] holy.

Lev 19:2 Speak unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say unto them, Ye shall be holy: for I the LORD your God [am] holy.

Lev 20:7 Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I [am] the LORD your God.

Lev 20:26 And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the LORD [am] holy, and have severed you from [other] people, that ye should be mine.

Lev 21:8 Thou shalt sanctify him therefore; for he offereth the bread of thy God: he shall be holy unto thee: for I the LORD, which sanctify you, [am] holy.

Psa 86:2 Preserve my soul; for I [am] holy: O thou my God, save thy servant that trusteth in thee.

Isa 43:3 For I [am] the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt [for] thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.

Do we make God a liar?

1Jo 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

So how can we be perfect with no sin in us?

1 John 3:7-9 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

How is this possible? That is "be ye perfect even as I am Perfect".

This is a great "mystery", that is, "the mystery of Godliness."

Colossians 1:26-29 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

How can we be presented perfect before God?

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, [which is] your reasonable service.

Our bodies are His Temple and He is come in His Temple to make us Holy.

The Spirit of Christ in us makes us Holy Before the Father. The Holy Spirit in us makes us also a living Temple, and we are becoming in our soulish part, the mind, as Christ is. For we have, "The Mind of Christ".

Are we perfect in Christ? Or do we then make God a liar also.

Romans 8:5-17 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

This we have in Christ Jesus, let us chase the Spirit and win the Race provided us, Winners in Christ. Amen

In Christ: Phillip

2008/1/23 14:45Profile
LiveforGod

Re:

Amen, a lot of scripture. Thank God for his Holly word. Thank God for all those men and women who made it possible for the Holly Bible to be know to us.

2008/1/23 17:24Profile

Re: Calvinism—Arminianism, Which?

Hi Patrick,

Would you be kind enough to show me from John 10, how you justify this?

Quote:
Jesus Himself said that He gave His life for the sheep alone.

I have a question to follow perhaps, but you may have covered it in your reply... so I'll wait.

Btw, there is no rush. Just when you're back on form is soon enough.

2008/1/25 16:56
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Hey sis,

I cannot type very well right now, but I'll try.

I believe that John 10 is very clear in answering who Christ laid down His life for-

John 10:11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

John 10:15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

To further show that He was not strictly speaking of the Jewish people, He goes on in the nxt verse-

John 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

I don't know what you have in mind, so it's hard to answer your question.

But what is interesting to me is what Jesus tells the Jews that gather around Him and demand for Him to tell them "plainly" if He is indeed the Christ.

John 10:25 Jesus answered them, [b]I told you, and ye believed not[/b]: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
John 10:26 [b]But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep[/b], as I said unto you.
John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

What I find interesting is the clear proof of man's natural inability to see and savour Christ, or as the text says, "believe" in Him.

Yet they are told that because they are not His sheep, they do not believe, but His sheep will hear, believe, and be preserved unto life eternal.

Forgive me if there are some errors in wording or punctuation, the anesthesia has not fully worn off yet :-D

2008/1/25 17:38Profile
LiveforGod

Re:

Hello Brother, Sorry to intrude here in this your answer to Dorcas. Borther, did somthing happen to you that you where under anesthesia? Hope everything is allright. Yeah I too have problems with spelling, and they are not due to aneshesia, is just that English is not my Native language.

Brother, If I may give a view of what I believe John 10 is saying is as follows:

Quote:
Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

Ok, that's self explanatory.

Quote:
I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

Now here we read that if any man entereth thorough the door(Christ) he shall be saved, note the words (any man).

Quote:
the good shepherd(christ) giveth his life for the sheep.

Wich sheep? Did he say his sheep, as he had said before? No, he said The sheep. So who are the sheep that he gave his life for? Well, the answer I believe is all men.

Quote:
But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

Well, then if they are not Christ's sheep then who's sheep are they? Well I believe the answer is: Of the Devil their Father. In John 8: 44 he says: "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do.

Brother, we are all sheep, wether we believe in Christ or not. What makes the difference is whose sheep we are off. Christ died for all, and any man that goeth through him( the door) shall be saived, and will go from being a sheep of the Devil, to a sheep of Christ. And when that happens then we hear his voice and follow him in everything.

God be with you brother. Love in Christ, brother Sammy.

2008/1/25 18:00Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Quote:
Brother, we are all sheep,

Who then are the goats?

Brother I couldn't agree more with the fact that any man can come, but it is only the sheep that will come. Yet because we are told to preach the Gospel, and because we do not know who the sheep, we give it to all men, and God gives life as He wills.

Quote:
God be with you brother. Love in Christ, brother Sammy.

And to you as well.

2008/1/25 18:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy