SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Depression: A refining process used by God

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread
psalm1

Re:

Two scriptures......Thou will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on thee.[Isa]

There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

Yet some entered not because of unbelief [Heb 4]

David

2008/1/22 17:08Profile

Re:

David, THANK YOU for the Bunyan quote. I love Bunyan and it was very appropriate for me right now.

De jevu month I suppose for me.

When I worked at the Nursing Home, I had to go through a State class and exam to be certified in the state where I've moved to.
A man in my class sat next to me and I knew right away that he was "Messianic".

I enjoyed that fact and we became friends of sorts - at work.

Little by little, I met his children when they came to the Nursing Home to pick him up with his wife. I fell deeply in love with his wife and two girls, about 11 years old at that time.

They loved JESUS. The wife and children loved Jesus.

Little by little, he started to go off scripturally. He wasn't Jewish at all - he was Gentile raised Catholic then agnostic then met his Jewish wife and somewhere he & she became Messianic.
I don't know how gentiles become Messianic, but anyhow, he did.

More and more he began to drift from the N.T. and also - though I tried Not to see it - but he never did care about the people at the Nursing Home but was a charmer, always trying to impress the Nurses, etc. Not sexually, just wanted to appear as wise.

Well, after I had to stop working, I saw him one more time outside the Nursing Home.
He had gone full blown Orthodox and as he said, "threw everything of JESUS out of 'their' home."

He stoled his little girls love for Jesus from them. He ripped Jesus out of their hearts and hands. I can't even begin to tell you how grievous that was for me to hear. Like a knife through the heart. Those little girls LOVED Jesus.

Then about 3 years later, another girl that I worked with called and told me this guy went NUTS and as intelligent as he was and despite how he "loved his family" - when the police surrounded his house for "reasons unknown" by any of us, he pointed his rifle at his wife and children who were laying on the ground prostrate and told the police he'd kill them rather than whatever they had come there for.

When you feel deeply for people, this stuff just about kills you.

ERROR BREEDS ERROR.

I've lost others since on the internet to what's called the Hebrew Roots Movement. I couldn't pull them back from throwing out Paul and then gradually had to watch them take on "Messianic" customs and so forth.

Not all Messianics throw out Paul - not by a long shot - but there are those who do.

That wound keeps being re-opened in me and I am part Jewish - but when I came to Christ - I became a CHRISTIAN - just as all were called in the first church full of Jewish believers.

When gentiles or those with a possibility of "Jewish" blood - (and who really knows except a geneticist?) - and they start SUDDENLY calling G-d YHWH - Yahweh and then when you tell them that Jews don't call Him that Name but Ha Shem and so they start calling Him Ha Shem and on and on they are SUDDENLY Messianic - to me it sends those same pokings into the old wounds of my past with these type folks.

I don't know where that guy from the Nursing Home is but I suppose he's either in a PsychWard or Federal Pen..

ERROR BREEDS ERROR - because when you STOP your hearing of The Spirit of Truth - you Callous over your spirit and conscience and you've chosen the path of delusion.

I told you I am very depressed - that is why. Again that wound has been re-opened by yet another who has chosen to fall away from THE CHURCH.

The Church that started with Jews, like Peter & Paul.

Thank you again David.

2008/1/22 19:53

Re:

Meant to mention - what caused the man I mentioned above, that went further and further from The Word, was 'Cabalistic' (Kabbalah) teachings.

2008/1/23 11:56

Re:

David, I love that verse.

Isaiah 26:3
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

Here are some others that will bless as well.

Colossians 3:2
Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

Philippians 4:
8Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Love
Katy

2008/1/23 13:53

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy