SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Who did Christ die for?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 Next Page )
PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:
Also, as a sidenote to Krispy: I am not trying to persuade you that calvinism is true-just maybe trying to show that one belief of theirs has truth to it. I am not calvinist

but , we have to test this doctrine :-)

lets imagine this senario, God forbid it would take place, but lets use our minds. Here it is:

"no one ever did one single thing to win one single soul"

would the elect still be saved?

i am just curios what calvinist think?

2008/1/24 16:15Profile

Re:

Quote:
O dear Sir, what kind of reasoning—or rather sophistry—is this! Hath not God, who hath appointed salvation for a certain number, appointed also the preaching of the Word as a means to bring them to it? Does anyone hold election in any other sense? And if so, how is preaching needless to them that are elected, when the gospel is designated by God himself to be the power of God unto their eternal salvation?

Seems to me that it is Whitfield who isnt making any sense. Wesley simply came to the same conclusions I have about Calvinism, and countless others who are of the same rather unsophisticated intellect as me.

Wesley makes a whole lot more sense to me than Whitfield. (Please note that I have some serious issues with some of Wesley's doctrines too!)

I like what Tozer said. :-) Unfortunately, I have tried to avoid this whole subject, but when it beings to be talked about in your fellowship, one is forced to deal with it. I feel like I am discussing this issue with a gun to my head... if that makes sense.

Krispy

2008/1/24 16:43
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Friends. I really want participate in, but I just got home from surgery. So I'll be out of it for a day or so.

God's grace to you all.

2008/1/24 17:56Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

roaringlamb wrote:
Friends. I really want participate in, but I just got home from surgery. So I'll be out of it for a day or so.

God's grace to you all.

I will remember you in prayer brother

2008/1/24 18:05Profile
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

Quote:
God's grace to you all.

God's grace to you as well. take care man. hope you feel better soon.

phil

2008/1/24 18:25Profile
andres

texas,brownsville

Re:

If God leaves it up to us to choose Christ:
1. could it have been possiable that No Man would have chosen Christ for their salvation?

2. Would God have allowed Christ's sacrifice to have been in Vain?

P.S. I hope you feel better Roaring Lamb
andy

2008/1/24 19:31Profile

Re: Who did Christ die for?

I think it's time I cast my vote too.

[b]"A"[/b]

Remember - the world is watching and after 3 days and 21 pages - they may want to know.

Joh 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
Joh 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Joh 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
Joh 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

2008/1/24 19:40
MaryJane

Re: Who did Christ die for?

Greetings brother

MY answer to your question "Who did Christ die for?" Me! Jesus died for me thats what the Word says.

In your post you asked "Who's sin did Christ die for?"

My answer is Mine! That to, is my understanding of the Word.

And so the answer is Me...You...Us :-)

God Bless you brother and please know that you will be in my prayers as you work this out with the brothers and sisters that you are fellowshipping with.

MJ

2008/1/24 20:00Profile

Re:

Quote:

Hey bro... I truly hope and pray that you have a quick recovery!

I hope God pre-ordained from the foundation of the earth that you will recover quickly... cuz if He didnt... :-?

(Just having a little fun with ya!)

Krispy

2008/1/25 11:17
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Krispy...

I would also have to vote "A." Why?

Quote:

"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that [b]any[/b] should perish, but that [b]all[/b] should come to repentance."

- II Peter 3:9

It seems that Christ's death provides us with an [u]opportunity[/u] that we may not have had prior. This is an opportunity to obtain salvation merely by choosing to repent of our sins and choosing to serve and walk with God.

In addition, the more extreme forms of Calvinism remind me quite a bit of Universalism. The "choice" for repentance seems to be removed, since people erroneously define "predestined" as "prechosen." Hypercalvinism seems to relegate us to the status of robots, that none of our own choices have any sort of consequences. Yet oddly, we are still tempted by the things of this world. I have known very sincere believers (even preachers of holiness) who have walked away from God in order to fulfill the lusts of their flesh. Is it proper to allege that they were never truly "believers?" While they may have never obtained final salvation, they remind me of individuals who fled from the wrath to come, but then have chosen the temporary pleasures of this world over the Eternity that awaits.

If we could simply understand that God sees our lives and ultimate end from a timeless perspective of Eternty (in which He is still the Beginning and the End), then perhaps we would understand some of the language that He uses. However, God's plan for this Earth was to create a race modeled after Him -- but with a free will. This free will allows us to choose him, remain with him, or choose to fulfill our own lusts. My choice is to remain with the Lord. However, the possibility is always at the door in the form of the lusts of the flesh, the lusts of the eyes and the pride of life. They bid me come, but I choose life with my Lord over the temporary pleasures of sin for a season. Perhaps we see "salvation" from a current Earthy position, while God sees "salvation" from an Eternal timelessness?

The Word of God is expressly clear: To result of those who die in continuous sin is ETERNAL DAMNATION. Whether or not this means that such individuals were truly ever saved is pointless. The bottom line is DON'T WALK AWAY (or "run ahead") FROM GOD. The result is disaster.

Just my two cents.

;-)

2008/1/25 12:14Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy