Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Preparation for the end times

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Miccah

Wisconsin

Preparation for the end times

This is a question for those of us who beleive that we will be key players in the end days and not pre-tribed.

Lately, It has been onmy mind to prepare for the end days and the coming NWO. I was wondering what others are doing to prepare. Are you buying land, praparing with food stocks, shelters, etc... Do you consider this wise or foolish?

Currently I have been plotting to buy some land up north and get things ready for the end days. I think that the great thing about getting some land and a shelter (whatever you want to put on it) is good for a few reasons. First is to be prepared and have an additional place to hide out, at least to begin with. Second is that regardless if it happens in my life time or not, I would be able to pass this land and shelter on to my famil (believers included) for if and when the last days come during thier lifetime. Thirdly, it makes a great fishing retreat for the weekends :-)

Also, it seems that the best places to have this land would be far from civilization, or at least as far away as you can get. Thoughts on areas?

Feel free to share what you are doing if you feel open and allowed to.

2008/1/5 21:31Profile
theopenlife

Re: Preparation for the end times

Whether or not THE tribulation comes in our lifetime, I'm hard-pressed to believe that there won't be SOME tribulation. It's worthwhile to have some idea of how to maintain one's family in a crisis. An outbreak of disease? Food price hike in a country with few educated to grow their own food?

Whether or not what we are seeing is the rise of the NWO, I cannot deny that things seem to be shaping up in the background of American government which are awfully similar to the rise of certain other tyrannical governments.

I'm preparing to suffer.

What was Corie Ten Boom's advise: "Memorize long passages of scripture." If I recall correctly, villages of the Waldensian's were known to have collectively memorized the whole bible while under Roman Catholic persecution.

Ultimately, if men or climate or disease should take away my food, shelter, or health... I want to have prayer and the word deep where others cannot steal.

2008/1/5 21:44Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
I was wondering what others are doing to prepare. Are you buying land, praparing with food stocks, shelters, etc... Do you consider this wise or foolish?

Mat 6:28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
Mat 6:29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
Mat 6:30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
Mat 6:31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
Mat 6:32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Mat 6:34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

2008/1/5 22:25Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

PreachParsly wrote:

Quote:

Mat 6:28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
Mat 6:29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
Mat 6:30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
Mat 6:31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
Mat 6:32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Mat 6:34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Heard that loud and clear. So I take it by your reply t hat you are not preparing something?

I too always think of this verse when debating things like this. This does lead to the next issue. Do you take this to heart in everything, or just things that have to do with persecution of the saints?

Example. Do you have your kids or yourself immunized? If you do, some will make the arguement that you are being unfaithful by not trusting the Lord. Do you give blood or reciever blood? Same response as above. Do you stock up on toliet paper, knowing that you will need some for next time?

I trust the Lord. I trus Him regardless if this place of refugee will come to pass or not.

That beings said, what are people doing to prepare?

2008/1/5 22:54Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re:

How we face the coming tribulation will be
our final witness to the world of a Living
and True Savior and His truimph over the
world. We cannot hide and run to shelter
but rather watch and pray that we be found
faithful and worthy when He comes again!!
God has a purpose in mind for us and if we
are mindful of His purpose, that blessed
hope will see us through trying times!!

2008/1/5 23:18Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

well this thread isn't going as planned. :-)

2008/1/6 0:56Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re:

2 Timothy 2

1. Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
2. And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.
3. Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
4. No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

2008/1/6 7:22Profile
Lowly

Re:

In these last days should we not follow the examples given to us?
When Jesus knew that His hour had come that He was going to depart out of this world, and knowing where He had come from and where He was going...........Laid aside His garment, took a towel, and girded Himself..............took the form of a servant.
He then began to wash the disciple's feet.

If we call Him Master and Lord, He said then we should do as He has done. For He has given to us an example to follow.

Paul in his last days, wrote Philippians and 2 Timothy. He was pouring himself out as a drink offering for the Lord. Continuing to be fruitful; exhorting and encouraging His brethren, declaring the truth of the gospel, and warning against those who had entered in, leading the sheep astray.

Peter said "as long as I am in this tabernacle," (earthly body), I consider it right to stir you up by way of reminder. He knew he was going to depart soon, it was his last days.
What was Peter declaring in his last days.......
"Therefore, brethren, be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you; for as long as you practice these things you will never stumble;
FOR IN THIS WAY THE ENTRANCE INTO THE ETERNAL KINGDOM OF OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST WILL BE ABUNDANTLY SUPPLIED TO YOU."

What were they concerned about in their last days? What were they doing knowing their time had come to an end?

In these last days shall we follow their example knowing that our redemption draweth nigh.

In His amazing love,
Lowly

2008/1/6 11:40Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Very encouraging to see the consensus in the responses here. In the coming days of trouble it should not be saving our own neck that's on our heart, but that Christ be glorified... and being there for those around us whose world has come unglued. We have a great Saviour with a "great Salvation." Why concern ourselves about ourselves?

"For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whoseoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it" (Mt. 16.25).

AD

2008/1/6 12:02Profile

Re:

Lowly, Rowdy and Preachparsely have all given some very good biblical advice. If I may amplify this verse again:

Quote:
Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

It's very clear from this verse that we have NOT obtained the Kingdom of God nor His Righteousness, otherwise we would not be seeking after carnal means to preserve our life.

The year before the Y2K, Christians were scrambling to get bottled water, generators, buying land in the country to grow food, it was a menagerie. We bought 2 Kerosene heaters just to be on the safe side. January 1, 2000 rolled over and nothing happened. I remember my Mother saying a month before January 1 2000, "I don't think nothing is going to happen". She has always tried to pump these words into us, "Just Trust the LORD and He'll see you through". Sometimes I don't listen very well.

Unless the LORD has told you to buy land and stock up on gold, I think we should just stay right where God plopped us down on and remain there until He tells us otherwise. I've had my share of heartache when I was young Christian. I was going off into the Mountains. The LORD let me go on in this vein. Getting my hiking boots, backpack, tent and all the gear to roughing it. I was up in the mountains when I heard the LORD say, "Go home". I went home and have stayed there ever since.

2008/1/6 12:05

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy