SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : A Breif Exhortation Concerning Theology and Division

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
SONmind

Jacksonville, FL

Re: A Breif Exhortation Concerning Theology and Division

May GOD richly bless you, Evan, during this Christmas/Hannukah season and into the New Year and beyond. Thank you for honestly sharing your heartfelt concerns. I think we should be encouraged...in the midst of all the turmoil in the world (as well as in the over organized institution we call 'church'), what is sure is that the Scriptures are being fulfilled right before our eyes.

In the true church that Jesus and the apostles spoke and wrote of, there has been and will always be harmony and unity! The Spirit of Truth who teaches us all things, guides us, comforts us, and graces us with power to be kept in the way of truth, is also the one who protects us from the error so prevalent in 'manstream Christianity'.

The crucial error we have made in the West is: we have not been taught to really look to Jesus alone, as well as how to trust in and obey HIM!
We are trusting in so many unfruitful things, may God have mercy on us in our blind state!

Theology, church history, apologetics, etc. are fine...but...these along with even necessary disciplines as: prayer, bible study, fasting, witnessing, praise & worship and fellowship, etc. are just a means to an end. Ultimately our only purpose for being is that we would all be transformed until we are conformed unto the image of Christ, thus bringing glory to the Father.

"We forget often that it is he who has made us, and not we ourselves. Our lives our not our own, we are bought with a price!"

We now have a 'mixed multitude'of wheat and tares, sheep and goats, lost and saved, attending churches and all claiming and verbally professing to be 'christian'. GOD is quickly bringing our current systems to a fiery end, so that he may permanently establish HIS kingdom. My prayer is that all who are willing come to the knowledge of the truth before... the night comes, when no man can work.

The LORD bless you and keep you,
Harold

2007/12/28 17:00Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
The saddening thing is that we have many people who are strikingly similar to aspiring cult leaders.

It is strange that I have had this very same thought of late. I think we need to allow for liberty of conscience and not mistake our views as necessarily God's views. Folk often like to take what I call "the moral highground". This is an attitude of taking the strictest possible interpretation of scripture from a law standpoint and adding to it a form of religion that comes off as very disciplined and strict. I am reminded that the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

We all have our own peculiarities that, if we are not careful will in some way make us feel a cut above the rest. Soon we begin to do or not do certain things as a means of distinguishing ourselves as somehow the more spiritual. This is a dangerous mindset because it strangely confuses piety and pride.

The bizarre thing about this is that somehow we get the impression that their God and Father is not also our God and Father and a sibling rivalry of quarrel starts. This road can only ever lead to chastening by the Father. God loves His children and even though we may have to confront heretical views at times we must always be careful not to wrongly accuse someone of being illigitimate simply because we may have a sharply different viewpoint of a subject. I think Wesley and Whitfield showed a good spirit in their differences theologically. At the end of the day they still realy loved each other and the danger we face is to get into such a heated state or back someone into a corner in such a way that we perceive each other as enemies.

2007/12/28 17:57Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy