SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Great mystery

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Phillip, is there a difference between The New Covenant and The New Testament?

Just as the Church does not inherit all the promises to Abraham (the Land, etc) it does inherit the promises that ALL families of the earth will be blessed...Galatians...to Gentiles!!

Can YOU prove there is?

Seems as though scripture uses these words inter-changeably.

Are you stating Saints today are NOT under the New Covenant , but under the New Testament?

Can you show us a clear distinction in scripture that these are totally different?

So, when Jesus said, this is MY the Blood of the New Testament, RE:
Matthew 26:28
For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Mark 14:24
And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many.)
Luke 22:20
Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

1 Corinthians 11:25
After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
2 Corinthians 3:6
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
Hebrews 9:15
And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Now, let’s look at:
Hebrews 9:15
And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

So, are you suggesting Hebrews is not to the Church, or are you suggesting Jews saved today under the New Covenant or New Testament are filled with a *different spirit*, and yours is far superior, making you a son, and us what?
You stated very emphatically Paul wrote Hebrews…correct? So, are you saying he wrote this book to tell Jews they have to wait for their salvation coming later, or that they are not SONS, as you?

What about Hebrews Hebrews 12:7?

If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

Hebrews 12:8
But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

Are we not SONS also? NOW I mean?
Paul wrote this to Gentiles, and refers to Ezekiel concerning our heart, also referring to the New Testament/Covenant.
Jesus died ONCE upon a Cross, and shed His Blood ONCE upon a Cross.

We are Justified by His Blood and saved by HIS Risen Life, and the Spirit of the Life of Christ…the Risen Christ, has set us free from the Law of Sin and Death.

There is no other Spirit of the Life of Christ but the risen Life of Christ.

2 Corinthians 3
1Do we begin again to commend ourselves? or need we, as some others, epistles of commendation to you, or letters of commendation from you?
2Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:
3Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

1. Ezekiel 11:19
And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:

2. Ezekiel 36:26
A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

4And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:
5Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
6Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
7But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
8How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?
9For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.
10For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.
11For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.
12Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech:
13And not as Moses, which put a veil over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:
14But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
15But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
16Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.
17Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
18But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Love in Christ
Katy

2008/1/3 9:28

Re:

Part #2

Phillip,

Ephesians 2:11-13

11Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

12That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh [u][b]by the blood of Christ.[/b][/u]

The Blood of the Covenant!!

So, Phillip, are you suggesting you have no forgivness of sin coming throught the New Covenant? If you don't believe teh New Covenant applies to you, you are still in your sin, hoodwinked by a spirit of something that has made you feel you don't need forgivness ...just sonship???

Think about what you are implying here!

So, you will take the **Blood** of the New Covenant, but NOT the Spirit of the New Covenant.....how does this work?

Are we talking about the same Jesus Christ?

Is yours separate from the Father, is yours not a Trinity?

The Father will put HIS Spirit in the Jews sometime later, and YOU receive the Spirit of Christ? Are you talking about two totally different Spirits? or two totally different separate gods?
Hummmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Love in Christ
Katy

PS Added for Content:

[u][color=CC0000]Hebrews 12:24
And to Jesus the mediator of the New Covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.
[/color][/u]

2008/1/3 10:22
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Sorry, I have a bad typing habit. When I type now, I hit the "t" instead of the "w".

This is what I should have typed. "This new covenant is now the rebirth of Christ in a believer."

Not: This new covenant is not the rebirth of Christ in a believer.

Jesus Christ is the whole of all that the new covenant in His Blood is all about.

This is the separation of the Old from the New.

2Cr 5:17 Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Gal 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

That is; "all things", including the way of salvation. John 3:13-18 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Believeth, or believeth not.

1 John 5:6-14 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one. If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son. He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

Every thing on earth and in Heaven agrees that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. By the Living Water of Christ Himself, By the Holy Spirit and By God the Father, and all on earth that pertains to His blood, water, and Spirit.

In Christ: Phillip

2008/1/3 14:50Profile

Re:

Thank You Philip for clarifying!

Love in Christ
Katy :-)

2008/1/3 14:53
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

""The Father will put HIS Spirit in the Jews sometime later, and YOU receive the Spirit of Christ? Are you talking about two totally different Spirits? or two totally different separate gods?
Hummmmmmmmmmmmmm""

There is One God. He lives in the Deity of His Son Jesus Christ and is the power of the Holy Spirit.

If we search the scriptures we see only One of the Trinity dealing with man at a given dispensation of the Government of God. God the Father in the Old Testament, The Holy Spirit upon those in the Old Testament, Then we see the Son offering the Kingdom to His own and the Holy Spirit still upon those that are Israel and Gentile proselyted by Israel. They would Not. Now it is the Holy Spirit in the children of God doing the work of Teacher for all those that are in Christ. If there is any work being done now it is the Holy Spirit, The work of Christ has already been done. Salvation is Christ of the Holy Spirits work. Life is in Christ given manifestation by the Holy Spirit. Any place in scripture there is work being done, it is the Holy Spirit. Any completed work of Christ is life in Him. The Father is the deliver of the Seed and give of souls to the Son, and the giver of the prayer of Christ, that is the Holy Spirit in you, the sealer of our life which is, "Christ in you the Hope of Glory."

In Christ by the Seed of my Father, and work of Power of the Holy Spirit, and Life in Christ:

A New race of people, Christ Ones: Phillip

2008/1/3 22:20Profile

Re:

Romans 8: 11But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Hebrews 13:
20Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
21Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Quote:
If we search the scriptures we see only One of the Trinity dealing with man at a given dispensation of the Government of God.

I can't imaging only **one** of the Trinity operating at any given time.

The Lord our God is ONE.

Love in Christ
Katy

2008/1/4 8:16

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy