Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

The Great mystery

The Great Mystery
By Warren Litzman

Ever since Adam ate of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, human beings have thought they know almost everything. This makes it very difficult to communicate anything to them especially about the Bible or the things of God. Adamic souls have a religion of their own called self-for-self religion. It is difficult to communicate with these people because they are set in their ways and are convinced they are right.

These people know what is good and they know what is evil, but that knowledge never leads them to the fact that they have a sin nature. They never see Jesus in the true light, as God’s Son, and they do not see or know truth. They are created by God the Father, but they are not birthed by Him. What a great difference there is between being created by God without His nature and being rebirthed by God and having His incorruptible Seed and nature within.

When Christ becomes our life, we are no longer just created beings. Jesus, our new and only life (Gal. 2:20) is the only begotten Son of God, and as He is, so are we (1 John 4:17). We have eternal life dwelling in us right now. Our new life is eternal; however, when God begins to deal with us about our new life in Christ, it is doubtful we understand it very much.

Going deeper in the Lord, by understanding the things of God, is not something that comes by human knowledge or even religious doctrine. Doctrine is what you establish as a set of facts.

My understanding is that doctrine never takes you any deeper with God or teaches you any more about who you are in Christ. In fact, doctrine holds you right where you are because manmade doctrines come from Adam’s knowledge of good and evil. Many people who really love God are in bondage by manmade and religious doctrines. Doctrines will not let you expand or grow. Doctrines will never give you or let you have a revelation of Jesus Christ.

The expression "a revelation of Jesus Christ" comes from Paul in Ephesians 1:17 where he prayed for the Ephesians to have "...the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him. Revelation is a Bible term and, sad to say, when people hear the word "revelation" they think you are speaking of the book of The Revelation written by John. The fact is, that revelation is accomplished when the Holy Spirit reveals Christ in the believer. In 1 Corinthians 2:9-10 Paul says, “Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him, but God hath revealed them unto us by his spirit."

No man can teach you Christ. This fact upsets most people. Humanity only knows the things of man. The Christ who lives in humans can only be taught to you by the Holy Spirit (John 14:26; 15:26; 16:13-15). Man-made doctrines and the things we have learned and studied in religion that have to do with Jesus Christ have not brought us the greater truth about Jesus—the Jesus who lives in rebirthed human beings. Whatever man-made religion can tell you about Jesus comes from sense knowledge or the knowledge of good and evil. That knowledge can only tell you what someone saw Him do, or what someone heard Him say, but the revealed knowledge brought by the Holy Spirit tells the believer who he is in Christ.

The first three chapters of 1 Corinthians are what I call Life chapters. These chapters deal almost exclusively with the mind and how the believer is being transformed from Adam’s mind to the mind of Christ. Paul establishes the transformation of the mind in those three chapters. However, only the Holy Spirit can teach us the things of the Lord. Since much of our understanding of the things of God are still based upon the unrenewed mind, which operates from the knowledge of good and evil, there will be strong erroneous voices working in you. This will cause the Holy Spirit to pull back, waiting for the time when he has your attention.

The hope of those who know Christ as their only life is to wait on God until Christ begins to manifest Himself through them. He is already in you and is waiting to come out of you in your circumstances and situations of life. Outside of our rebirthing, the most essential ministry of the Spirit is the revelation of Christ in you. By searching the Scriptures, this process of revelation takes place. We know Jesus in the flesh because of the historical record and what He did, but we do not know who He is in us and how He is to be Lord of our lives. God gave you a measure of faith (Rom. 12:3) so that you could believe that the free gift of salvation is yours. However, to come to know Him as your life—the great mystery—requires a revelatory work of the Holy Spirit.

Every epistle written by Paul communicates this message. In Galatians 1:15-18, Paul says that when he was ready to know Jesus he did not talk with men, but he went to the Arabian Desert. After three years (whether it took him three years or not to learn this, we do not know), he came out of the desert saying Christ was revealed in him as his hope of glory (Col. 1:26-27). From before the foundation of the world, the saving life of the human was to be the life of Jesus (Eph. 1:4). You must see that Jesus is the life you now live. I can tell you that fact, but you will not know it as fact until the Holy Spirit reveals it to you. In the meantime, the best thing you can do is to stay in the Scriptures until your mind is renewed. The committed dedicated Christ-life comes because you want God’s best and you want your true life.

Jesus of Nazareth was putting the responsibility on man when he said, "if any man deny himself." On the other hand, concerning our salvation, all that is necessary to be saved is to believe. There is no work of yours to be done in being saved. Salvation is a finished work of God, finished at Calvary. It is the gift of God if you accept it. You can only understand who you were created and rebirthed to be through the Scriptures and the teaching of the Holy Spirit. Learning Christ has to do with your love affair with Jesus. If you fall in love with Him, the one who is in you and is your only life, you will want to know everything possible about that life.

Paul said that this great mystery, Christ living in humans, was hidden for ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to His saints that Christ is our life (Col. 1:26-27). Why would anyone want to live the old life controlled by the knowledge of good and evil, when the Christ-life is available to all?

Christ-life Fellowship
PO Box 170307 Dallas, TX 75217-0307 USA

http://www.christ-life.org 214-391-0488

Webservant

In Christ: Phillip

2007/12/24 3:19Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: The Great mystery

Hi everyone.

I was meditating this afternoon while walking and this writting which Phillip posted came to mind. I wanted to share some of what I thought of as I think it relates to this here.

This qoute following(from the article) is probably expressive enough to start from:

"Whatever man-made religion can tell you about Jesus comes from sense knowledge or the knowledge of good and evil. That knowledge can only tell you what someone saw Him do, or what someone heard Him say, but the revealed knowledge brought by the Holy Spirit tells the believer who he is in Christ."

My thoughts were turned to what the Lord Jesus said in John 8:38.

My overarching thought was this: that wisdom is the apex of knowledge and action. As this thought was upon me I walked past a little sticker that was on the ground which had three small letters

[b]way[/b]

The Lord Jesus had said, in contrasting Himself with the Jews who were there to hear Him speak

[b][color=660033]I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father. [/color][/b]

Here are two things, which are really three.

There is that which was seen. This is revelation.

Then there is that which was said, or done. That is action.

The outworking of the two is the third, how this inward revelation expresses itself, this is wisdom.

The Lord Jesus recieved His revelation, what He had seen with His Father, from God. His deeds were always righteous.

The Jews who heard Him speak, according to the Lord Jesus, recieved their revelation from their father, the devil. Their deeds were evil.

The scripture says Christ is made unto the believer the wisdom of God.

James also writes:

"Who [i]is[/i] a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him show out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom."

And then he goes on to describe a wisdom that is not from above. Not at all.

2007/12/27 17:56Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Amen Chris,

What difference in the revelation of man and the revelation of God our Father, in Christ Jesus by the Holy Spirit.

In Christ: Phillip

2007/12/27 23:16Profile
SONmind

Jacksonville, FL

Re:

Phillip & Chris,
The reasoning of a lost or carnal man is that he/she knows their deeds are evil, and thus are afraid of being exposed by HIS light. (John 3)

satan works overtime in order to make sure that GOD is not seen in the proper light. Namely, that if anyone ever tastes, they will see that the LORD is good! HE is more concerned about saving, transforming, and empowering us than HE is looking to expose our evil deeds. This is a crucial part of the "good news"...HE knows we are evil, but if we come to HIM, HE has no intention of leaving us that way!

Glory to the Lamb!!

Harold

2007/12/28 17:21Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Hi Harold,

Yes, God is not interested in my life, that has already been taken care of in Christ. So many people think that God is interested in what they do. Well, It is not what I do but what He does in me. Christ has already done what God intended before the foundation of the world. That is predestinating believers to the conformity of Christ in them. My life is in Christ, and Christ is my life. All that I do outside of that conformity to Him is for God the Father, outside of His Plan for me. I am convicted of sin, that is what the Holy Spirit is here for. Then I can run to Father and confess what I have done wrong and not only is He faithful and just to forgive me, but also cleanses me from all unrighteousness. This is God's Plan and what He see's in me, that is His Son, and that is all He is concerned about, my conformity to His Son Jesus Christ.

Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate [to be] conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

This is what predestination is all about, not who is saved and who is not saved.

Eph 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Eph 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

When we have Christ in His proper place, all this becomes very clear. His proper place is in us in the flesh, which has been quickened to contain this loving Son of God and His working in us, taught by the Holy Spirit.

Colossians 1:27-29 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Before Christ we see in a mirror dimly, with Christ we are in the process of knowing Him as we are known.

2Cr 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, [even] as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Most Christians are waiting for Him to come. He is come in the flesh and "us" is that flesh.

1 Corinthians 13:9-13 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

He is come in the flesh again that flesh is us.

1Jo 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

1Jo 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2Jo 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Has He Come?

Praise God, yes, In Christ: Phillip

2007/12/29 0:24Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

All that is in you pertaining to salvation and sanctification is in Christ Jesus.

2008/1/1 3:31Profile

Quote:
Ever since Adam ate of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, human beings have thought they know almost everything. This makes it very difficult to communicate anything to them especially about the Bible or the things of God. Adamic souls have a religion of their own called self-for-self religion. It is difficult to communicate with these people because they are set in their ways and are convinced they are right.

Phillip, I would say this is true of Cain, however Abel, written in the hall of Faith in Hebrews 11 state otherwise.

Now we see all those written in Hebrews 11 are men of faith...faith in the Redeemer, promised in Genesis 3:15, before "Christ in you" was available. They died without the promise (of the Holy Spirit) but not without the promise of salvation.

Quote:
Paul said that this great mystery, Christ living in humans, was hidden for ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to His saints that Christ is our life (Col. 1:26-27). Why would anyone want to live the old life controlled by the knowledge of good and evil, when the Christ-life is available to all?

Yes, and how blessed we are that we have been perfected once and for all through the shed blood of Christ. However OT Saints looked forward to the cross.

Paul even quotes David in Romans 4 stating.
Blessed is the man who's sins are forgiven, whom God will not impute iniquity.

God had honored their faith as much as He has ours...

They looked forward to the Cross, now we who have the fulfillment of the Cross look forward to the sanctifying work of the Spirit, and the return of the Lord.

We still live and walk by Faith of things YET to Come. We still have a responsibility to the Obedience of Faith, and the rewards of that obedience of Faith that OT Saints had as well.

Love in Christ
Katy-Did

2008/1/2 10:37

Re:

Quote:
Adamic souls have a religion of their own called self-for-self religion.

Phillip #2

Just wanted to clarify my last post:

Faith is not a religion but a relationship. Abel had Faith...Cain had religion.

Enoch had faith and was called "The friend of God"...relationship.

Moses had relationship.....He was the only one ever allowed to see God...WOW! (The Burning Bush)

David was called " The apple of God's Eye".

Just for starters.

The "Just shall live by faith" was first said in the OT, and their EXAMPLE to us is so very important.

I am amazed a times to know "Christ In Me" has kept and restored , encouraged, etc.....as we continue on our walk, but when I think these OT Saints, who walked by Faith......In the substance of things HOPED for and the Evidence of things not seen without the indwelling Holy Spirit.......they put many of us to shame.

Love in Christ
Katy-Did

2008/1/2 11:20

Ther mystery of the gospel is defined by the username of the one who started this thread.

2008/1/2 12:59
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Jeremiah 31:27-40 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah with the seed of man, and with the seed of beast. And it shall come to pass, that like as I have watched over them, to pluck up, and to break down, and to throw down, and to destroy, and to afflict; so will I watch over them, to build, and to plant, saith the LORD. In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge. But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge. Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more. Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name: If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever. Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD. Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that the city shall be built to the LORD from the tower of Hananeel unto the gate of the corner. And the measuring line shall yet go forth over against it upon the hill Gareb, and shall compass about to Goath. And the whole valley of the dead bodies, and of the ashes, and all the fields unto the brook of Kidron, unto the corner of the horse gate toward the east, shall be holy unto the LORD; it shall not be plucked up, nor thrown down any more for ever.

This new covenant is now the rebirth of Christ in a believer. This has not happened yet. This will happen when Jesus Christ is sitting on the Throne of David in the new millennium. If Israel is there at all, it will be because of God's mercy, because nothing will pass away that is our all in all, taking His married partener whom He divorced, Israel, back into this covenant, not the original one. This has nothing to do with the born again son's of God. He did not write His words in our inward parts, He birthed His Son there. That is why we are called the son's of the living God.. Our nature is Godly, because of the only Begotten Son that is birthed in us. This is not writing words in our inward parts. This is a new creation of God's own birthed children. The old has passed away and behold all things have become new, Christ being the first born among many brethern.

It is up to God if Moses, Arron, Abraham, and all the old testament saints, which is not in the whole bible, are given the kingdom by mercy, not by birth, chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world. Christ cannot be in a person until He is come, born of a woman, baptized into His ministry, offered the Kingdom to the Jews, refused as King, Killed on a cross, died, burried, resurrected, seen by many, ascended into in the clouds into heaven, our advocate sitting at the right Hand of the Father, Glorified, and returned in the born again believers His Father gives Him. You can try to commingle the Old testament into the New Testament, but it won't work. If it is not manifest it cannot be. Even Faith is the same. By the Faith of Jesus Christ we are manifested to His Faith that becomes the Faith of Our Salvation by the Christ of the Cross.

Galatians 2:14-21 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews? We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

"Christ in you the Hope of Glory"

By the Christ in me: Phillip

2008/1/2 23:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy