SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : I'm not joking... who do you believe killed Jesus?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: I'm not joking ... who do you believe killed Jesus?

Hi Katy,

I hope this investigation is of edification to all those taking part.

Quote:
Dorcas, considering Rome was in rule and Jews were in subjection to Roman rule, and crucifixion is Roman not Jewish, no one is doubting how OT Prophecy has foretold these events.

I'm not sure if your reference to the OT was a slip of the fingers with reference to Jesus' own prophecy of His death, but for the sake of those who may be unclear, the words of Jesus are all recorded only in the New Testament, (although there are many places in the Old Testament where His coming and death are foretold).

Although you may not yet see where I'm going with this, I believe it [u]is[/u] important or Jesus would not have given this clear a word on it.

2007/12/11 17:10

Hello HE_Reigns

Quote:
Dorcas - I don't understand the title showing such emotion over something that Jesus Said would happen [b]and of course it did happen, just as He said it would[/b]. Why wouldn't it ?

I put that title, because I am aware there is a general attribution by believers, that the Jews 'killed' Jesus. I had never thought that it mattered who actually did it.

But the Spirit brought those words of Jesus about Him going to be killed by 'the Gentiles' to my heart in answer to a slightly different question. And I thought it would be an open and close case that everyone would just agree with Jesus.

Instead, you are the [u]first[/u] person to agree with scripture directly.

?

I can't quite understand why...

Sister, I'm open to an alternative title for the thread. :-)

2007/12/11 17:10

Re:

Quote:
How could we even ask if "God's" prophecy came true?

Absolutely fabulous!!! Isaiah 53!!!!!

Unfortunately those blind by what they should have known right in their scriptures along with Psalms 22.

Sometimes we can't see the forest for the trees.

Many today are blind as well concerning prophecy right in our faces doubting God's Word that what He said He would bring to pass He will do, regardless of whether we understand it or not.

Yet blind to these truths will not excuse or wash any blood off our hands for not seeing and believing things yet to come.

Maybe this thread is a lesson to that we didn't realize we were getting. Thank You Dorcas!

Love in Christ
Katy-Did

2007/12/11 17:12

Re:

Quote:
I'm not sure if your reference to the OT was a slip of the fingers with reference to Jesus' own prophecy of His death, but for the sake of those who may be unclear, the words of Jesus are all recorded only in the New Testament, (although there are many places in the Old Testament where His coming and death are foretold).

So then Dorcas, Jesus is not the Word of God? So OT scriptures are not the Word who became flesh and dwelt among us??? Who spoke in the OT? Don't you believe in the Trinity?

No slip what so ever.

Katy

2007/12/11 17:17

Re:

Dorcas, this is in first person, and did not happen to David.

[u][b]God[/b][/u]spoke to us in the OT through the Prophets, and [u][b]God[/b][/u]spoke to us in these last days through Jesus Christ.

1[u][b]God[/b][/u], who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2[u][b]God[/b][/u]Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Jesus is God...The Lord our God is one!

Psalm 22
1My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?

2O my God, I cry in the day time, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent.

3But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.

4Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them.

5They cried unto thee, and were delivered: they trusted in thee, and were not confounded.

6But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people.

7All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying,

8He trusted on the LORD that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.

9But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts.

10I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly.

11Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help.

12Many bulls have compassed me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset me round.

13They gaped upon me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion.

14I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.

15My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death.

16For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.

17I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me.

18They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.

Love in Christ
Katy-Did ;-)

2007/12/11 17:53

Hi Katy,

Of course I believe that the Word of the Old Testament is Jesus the Word made Flesh. But that is exactly why I'm asking for a focus on what the Word made Flesh said about His death; because this is further definition in respect of a previously less clearly prophesied event.

I am most specifically asking a question about these texts from the [i]New[/i] Testament - all the more now, because there has been a deafening silence to a resoundingly simple question.

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture [i]is[/i] given by inspiration of God, and [i]is[/i] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2 Peter 1:20
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

2007/12/12 22:14
jimp

Re:

hi, my sin...jimp

2007/12/13 1:05Profile
psalm1

Re:

Dorcas, Now that you mention it, it really could NOT have been a "jewish" crrucifiction. Nothting about it was jewish.
I see what you mean [I think] The hands that drove in the nails etc. were roman hands. The cross was roman and all the damage was done to him by romans.
Does this in some way tie into where david refused to do harm to Saul?

David

2007/12/13 23:05Profile

Re: I'm not joking... who do you believe killed Jesus?

psalm1 said

Quote:
Dorcas, Now that you mention it, it really could NOT have been a "jewish" crrucifiction. Nothting about it was jewish.

Thank you. I've been trying to see this from the angle of the disciples, who, having come to believe Jesus was the Messiah, were grappling with His failure to live up to what they'd been taught the Messiah would [u]do[/u].

They were very used to a physical outworking of their religion, and in that sense, that Jesus was a Man completely tied in with their expectations. But, they had not been prepared for Him to redefine terms like [i]righteousness, holiness, justice, mercy, kingdom,[/i] or, for that matter [i]the fold of Israel[/i]. They were amazed when He spoke with or blessed non-Israelites, but they knew enough to keep their mouths shut.

Still, after all that, Peter had no concept of the Holy Spirit coming upon the Gentiles. And yet, because they are unavoidably implicated in His actual death, the fairness of including them in His actual life (in fulfilment of all the incomprehesible prophecy that they would be), seems to have been very important to God, and Peter immediately the Holy Spirit fell on the household of Cornelius, understands this has been God's doing, which he must conceed.

Not only for the interpretation of those obvious prophecies about the Gentiles, though, but for others, we actually need to [u]depend[/u] on these three scriptures from the gospels, for the true light of God on our understanding.

Quote:
Does this in some way tie into where david refused to do harm to Saul?

I didn't have this in mind, but rather somewhere else in the Old Testament. Please share what you were thinking, if you like.

2007/12/14 12:06
psalm1

Re:

Dorcas , was Jesus in anyway mistreated by the jews in his"trial". Im just wondering. And maybe there is a truth or revelation concerning this?
thus possibly the same principle that David envoked when he did not harm his countryman [saul]

David

2007/12/14 12:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy