SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A MUST LISTEN TO :Carter Conlon/Neil Rhodes

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

This message deeply moved me and spoke to me in many ways about many things.I'm praying about emailing him just to let him know.

2007/11/3 23:06
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Perhaps some further clarification ... With what has transpired for some of us in the past week, coming fresh from the conference, our perspective might be slightly biased but I would like to put even that in a proper perspective ...

I do hope and pray that it is a right perspective. We may not have had the 'type' of Revival that has been know of old and am still holding out that the events themselves may yet foster or develop out in other ways after some germinating ... Not presuming nor prophesying anything, I can only speak to the changes already begun in my own heart and thinking.

Perhaps what I have taken notice of through the years here of our shared experience on this forum and do let me say there is a great import here, this is not mere trifling matters we are often dealing with but each others souls ... The notice is that we do need to enlarge the reservoir of our 'perhaps' and have an ability to accept some things that may not be all that important and then the greatest of all these is to just keep them to ourselves.

What we saw at the conference was in many ways given flesh and face, blood and air, tangible qualities that cannot transpose letters stitched together in words that we write here. Please don't misunderstand, it is just as paradoxical to say that when the words we use to give expression are the same ones that also spell us as saints and give impetus to our spiritual condition, to our love or lack thereof for the Brethren and finally and most importantly, to the Lord Himself. Had it in mind to put this up on the Canton Journal but present it here;

[u]By this[/u] shall [u]all men know[/u] that ye are my disciples, if ye [u]have[/u] love one to another. Joh 13:35

"[b]My[/b] disciples"

This lone verse is so powerful and important, each and every word could and perhaps should be underlined, moreover embedded into our hearts. I do not know what it is that would have us going right past this all too quickly, the readiness of some other doctrine or dispute, some other controversy ... some minor thing that really is only that which creates and continues, feeds and prolongs strife and quarreling ... sigh. It is not a sigh of disgust but one of ...

Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. [i]My brethren, these things ought not so to be[/i]. Jas 3:10

And please, the latter part of this the emphasis without forgetting the first. Need to find and recall just where it was that a great deal of these problems, it may have been on the subject of politics, is confused and made more difficult just by the way of approach. Too often something is taken and re-stated with a different meaning and intention than the author has intended, far better to [i]ask[/i] than to presume. And, to regroup ... just as often better to be just left unsaid.

What I am at pains to express here is that for all that might be either uncomfortable or different in approach by our Brethren a great deal of it does not boil down to important matters of our great faith, that is what was taken great notice of with the out-workings of the conference, all of a sudden these things that can become great swellings of controversy and strife are subdued in an atmosphere of common purpose and heart desire such as what we experienced.

This is and was not a sweet and sentimentalistic manner or matter, many of the speakers, most, were very strong in word and in passion, grieved by the present state of the church overall and that is because they do indeed [i]love her[/i], she is the bride, we [i]are[/i] the bride. That, was in great evidence there and furthermore that same emphasis was primarily a focus of what is wrong with [i]us[/i] not 'them' as is far too easy to give sway to. Certainly it is there, certainly that aspect. The only way we are ever going to move forward and right the wrongs is to do them where they must be done first and that is to look unto ourselves long and hard and deep, take an accounting of where we stand with the Lord individually and rectify [i]that[/i], then on to reconciliation with each other and then unto the world at large, maybe then will they take notice of what the Lord spoke of by their 'knowing' that we are indeed His disciples.

I am of a mind the Lord may well not send a revival until we get ourselves into a position where He can.

So if anything my beloved Brethren and friends might we find out what is truly important, what can stay unsaid and what can be accepted without either compromise or defending. I can understand brother Darryl just as well as some of the things brought up as a concern here, look to the Lord and see what thick skin He had though He was also the epitome of love and compassion. The same One who could have mercy on the vilest of sinners also held a threat of impending doom within ear shot of those who came to arrest Him;

[i]Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?[/i] Mat 26:53

Might we be just more sober over these things and humble ourselves, giving place to each other ... holding our peace when it is often more than necessary. Something I am quick to hear but often slow to learn myself.

2007/11/4 14:01Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

continuing from what brother Mike said...

[b][color=660000]And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth. Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. [/color][/b]

John chapter 17 verses 19-23(KJV)

2007/11/4 20:46Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:

You had several speakers from many denominational backgrounds who were there for only one reason, Revival. To be sure there wasn't a charismatic/penecostal backdrop but that doesn't mean the Giftings of the Holy Spirit wasn't in operation there. Quick testamony, (I was gone much of the time due to a member in my church having passed away and so I had calling hours to attend as well as a funeral Wed afternoon, also I had to shuffle several people around town as well as look to the needs that would arise during the conference, so I only made 4 complete sessions) Here's the testamony, A brother was walking the halls praying wed late morning when the Holy Spirit spoke to that individual to speak a word of encouragement to Denny Kenaston (I trust I have it right here), they told Denny that he was a plough sent before the move of God which would proceed in the next evenings, I think that's how it was told me, and that his faithful presentation of the Word of God would be rewarded in the move of God following. Personally I saw God move in both evening services, very powerfully in wednesday nites and on thursday nite it was a good reminder to guard the gates in our lives(eye, door-mouth-ears-heart), I doubt anyone took the time to watch Daniels after the alter time was over as he made his way through the scattered few that was left, he continued to minister on a one by one basis and occassionally to several, I actually believe his ministery at this time was very good, very anointed, precious.

To the penecostal/charismatic, it was very different, but what if we should someday find our selves in jail in a hostile setting? Will we be able to see the Hand of God and/or hear His voice or feel His presence? In a somewhat dull seemingly uneventful setting?

To the non-penecostals, when God starts to move in what seems like rapid spontaneous moves are you going to be so dull of hearing that you miss God, or worse yet dismiss it as of something devlish or fleshly?

I think in the days ahead the Lord is going to surprise many, it'll take a real heart that only wants to hear His voice and follow Him that will make it in the days ahead, I'll give you a key: You must become like a child, for such is the kingdom of heaven.

Amen brother well said. God was moving in a powerful way uniting those of many different backgrounds and traditions under the banner of "truth" and the "blood of Jesus". I believe Carter Conlon's message about the "angry watchman" was given not to address the conference but inlign with the conference preparing the way for truth revival. I have seen many that have been "revived" but with a zeal that does not have compassion and speak very hard against sin. This is a great danger and it is worthy to be spoken against.

What a glorious thing the Lord did!

12 speakers, 3 days, 1 theme.

God did it all. Glory to His Name, may the Lamb that was slain recieve the reward of His sufferings.

2007/11/5 9:14Profile
roadsign

Re: What is God saying to us?

Perhaps this thread has served its purpose. Nevertheless the message that the Spirit has imprinted on my mind through last week’s duel sermons at Times Square is still burning on my conscience.

Through a dream [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=20420&forum=35&3]A Lost Identity [/url] God has been heightening my empathy for those who are lost and looking to find their way back. In the dream I was one of them! It was a horrible experience! There are many like me in the dream - sheep who have wandered through all kinds of religious systems (represented by the monstrous cathedral in the dream) only to discover that people in those places are more occupied with themselves. The sheep may be lonely, disconnected, and have come to distrust everyone. They may be trying new age philosophy. But, still their search leaves them swirling in a quagmire – not knowing who they are anymore – feeling non-human. Maybe some act out their emptiness through rebellion. Maybe they cut themselves to remind them that they are alive. Maybe they seek identity through belonging to an organization, trying to dull the emptiness.

Now, imagine our angry watchmen coming along, condemning these people with reminders of their wickedness and worthlessness. They already know that! Oh, how easy it is to beat the wounded sheep, and make them even more lame!

God has been speaking to us a single message through various recent threads: WE NEED TO PRESENT CHRIST. If we believed that Christ is enough, we wouldn’t resort to all manner of manipulative devises that flow out of the flesh – be it offering “candy” or offering “vinegar”.

Christ is enough! He is all in all. When he radiates through our lives, others will see it. And only then will our message be believable. Remember, that the wandering sheep have heard all kinds of advice about the right way. They have come to distrust all of it, and they aren’t about to trust us just because we claim we have the right answer. They must see it – or rather Him - Christ! Can they?

Christ is the way to the “higher ground”. Christ is the place to flee to. No where else will do. It is a spiritual place.

Oh, my brothers and sisters, I plead: May we be ambassadors of Christ, ministers of reconciliation – restorers – not making cleaned-up “empty cups” , but making people alive in Christ.

”We proclaim HIM, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect IN CHRIST. To this end I labor, struggling with all HIS energy, which is so powerfully works in me.” Col. 1:28,29

Diane

2007/11/6 8:43Profile
dohzman

Re: Diane

I'm not a Daniel so I won't tackle your dream, but I did find it interesting.

What I'm hearing from the Lord these days is really simple, the ones who will weather the storm of apostasy will be those who have child like faith in Jesus Christ.

2007/11/7 6:25Profile

Re: A MUST LISTEN TO: Carter Conlon\Neil Rhodes

dohzman said

Quote:
What I'm hearing from the Lord these days is really simple, the ones who will weather the storm of apostasy will be those who have child like faith in Jesus Christ.

I would testify this: 'the ones who will weather the storm' 'will be those who have child like faith in Jesus Christ.'

He is at rest in any storm.

2007/11/7 7:46

Re: A MUST LISTEN TO: Carter Conlon\Neil Rhodes

roadsign wrote

Quote:
Yesterday I listened to the sermon [u]Show Me Your Glory[/u] by Wm Carrol of Times Square and was struck to the core of my soul! It is a fitting sequel to the “Beware of Angry Watchmen” sermon. Its impact on me cannot be described in words. I wept throughout it and felt God’s holy presence – his glory. I sensed the wooing of God’s love – so blazing, so intense - not only for me, but especially for those whom I am interceding for – those sheep who have wandered from the flock, damaged and caught by the wolves

Dear Diane,

What a precious word indeed. I heard things I'd never heard before, and that love of God you felt so keenly, was very very touching. It was a real encouragement to my soul, to press on.

2007/11/7 7:51

Re: Lift Up Your Head

By Josh Parsley

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. John 3:14,15

John chapter 3 is probably the most well known chapter of the Bible. Many seem to rush through the chapter, pause at verse 16, and then rush through the rest of it. There are so many truths in this chapter that need to be mulled over and mused by modern Christians. So many of us have heard basic truths so many times they we never really think of the implications or the deeper meaning of it. This is what is commonly called a truism. In this short space here I’m going to labor to show a few characteristics and outcomes of faith.

First, let’s look at some background information about this serpent of Moses so we can assimilate it into our thinking of faith. If we don’t understand what he is speaking of in these verses, John 3:16 means nothing, for this is the very illustration he uses to show us what is needed to “not perish.” Looking back to Numbers 21, we can see that Israel was blessed by God in that they won a battle and were on their way toward the Red Sea. As they were walking they began to be impatient, not only with Moses, but with God Himself. Being impatient usually stems from a self centered mindset in which you are demanding to get what you want, rather than trusting God. This is in distinction with a Godly urgency where the motive is for God’s glory, rather than yourself. As they went in this self centered mindset, God gave a manifestation of His wrath against sin in the form of serpents. These serpents attacked the disobedient. Israel cried out to their mediator, Moses, and God told Moses to lift up a bronze serpent on a pole. Whoever looked upon it was healed

Before we look at this faith, it would be good to remind us of something. Israel had, at minimum, heard of God’s goodness. They were not a people who were ignorant that God could deliver. The book of Romans teaches us that men cannot believe unless Christ has been preached. Can you believe in something you have never heard of? Of course not. The first thing we see about converting faith is a desire to be delivered from sin. One of the first things Israel did when these serpents came is say, “We have sinned, for we have spoken against the LORD and against you. Pray to the LORD, that he take away the serpents from us." An obvious fact is that if they didn’t know it was possible for God to forgive their sin, they wouldn’t have asked. Surely they would have put things into their own hands and tried to correct their sin if this knowledge wasn’t there. Their cry for mercy presupposes a hope that mercy is possible.

As I said, the first aspect is a desire to be delivered from sin, but there is more to this. Consider the atmosphere they were in. It was completely chaotic, serpents were everywhere, and people were going down every moment. Fathers, mothers, children, and everything they had was effected by their sin. It sounds strikingly similar to today. Have you ever been around a snake or wild animal? Would you have even considered taking your eye off of it for a moment? Probably not, you wanted to do everything you could do to protect yourself. But this was the very opposite of what God required them to do. They had to lift their eyes upon this serpent on a pole and away from the live serpents all around them! God demanded that they put down their guard and defense and look to his solution. They had to turn away from their sins, turn away from the consequences of it, and look to God in their helplessness trusting in his solution. This was not a mere glance but a fixation of one’s self to the power and deliverance of God. There is also somewhat of a paradox in this. This gazing toward the serpent reminded them of the very sin they committed and the penalty of it. How could it not? The very thing they fear, the serpents, is the very thing they gaze upon for deliverance. And so it is with the Cross. The very thing we fear, death and God’s severity, is the very thing that fills our mind when we consider the Cross. Oh! The wisdom of God was surely manifest in the Cross.

If a serpent bit anyone, he would look at the bronze serpent and live. This is the immediate outcome of faith. Many things in the Christian life are a process, but certain things are not. This healing didn’t take years, but only a moment. They very moment a person’s being is directed toward Christ in that moment salvation is wrought. This healing put them in a place where they were before their fall. The rest of the chapter shows them singing songs of praise and winning battles. We must never take our eyes off of Christ and we will be changed. Or as the scripture says, “But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. (2 Cor 3:18)”

Let us be like Abraham who “lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold (Gen 22:13)” the very thing that saved him from shedding his own son’s blood was in sight. Or like Rebecca who “lifted up her eyes, and when she saw Isaac, she lighted off the camel. (Gen 24:64)” Or David who said “unto thee, O LORD, do I lift up my soul. (Psa 25:1).” We must be like the disciples who “when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus only. (Matt 17:8)” lest we be like the rich man who “in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments. (Luke 16:23)”

2007/11/7 8:47
roadsign

Re:

Quote:

The challenge, of course, is to discover those ways that our faith is not so “simple” (pure) - that is, how it is rivalled by idolatrous strongholds. Really only the Lord knows our true heart, and thankfully he works in our lives to expose them. And that is not pretty! Let’s admit, nothing makes us angrier than when our idols are threatened. That’s why people say that revival is messy. The polish comes off! We discover that we’re not near as saintly as we have assessed ourselves to be. While this is a rude awakening, (re-vive = wake up) it also helps us to see our own need for God’s mercy.

I am learning to value this process more and more, as my burden for the wandering and lost sheep intensifies. We, God’s people will never be able or willing to come alongside of them and lead them into a pure faith in the Shepherd as long as our faith is tainted by idols of some sort. It is easy to point our fingers at the sinners, including all those faulty churches and institutions out there, and talk about how bad they are. It may be easy to tell sinners they should repent and trust Christ. But, telling them is not the same as actually helping them get there – either through prayer or through being involved in their lives, as God equips us.

Jesus said, “The harvest is plentiful and the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest to send workers…”

In my dream there were no harvesters, no workers. Not one person even realized that I was a needy “neighbour”. Some were too absorbed in their own squabbles to notice my plight. Some were busy trying to incorporate their expectations and customs into their “worship”. Some were just too absorbed in their own tasks. Nobody cared about me!

Of coures Jesus’ words still apply. Every day we are surrounded by people who will some day be ready to be “harvested. How dare we conclude that all the sinners “hate God”, don’t want God , or just want what feels good , want to be entertained. Of course there is truth in that, but we can subtly write them off with those assumptions - and then we won’t do a thing for them. Where is the faith in that?

May God give us a sense of urgency for the harvest.

Diane

2007/11/7 23:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy