SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A MUST LISTEN TO :Carter Conlon/Neil Rhodes

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
PosterThread
dohzman

A MUST LISTEN TO :Carter Conlon/Neil Rhodes

It was a priviliage and honor to spend time with these two brothers beyond the conference.When Pastor Conlon returned to NY he shared a message that everyone who listened to the conference as well as attended the conference needs to listen to. If you listen close you'll hear two extremes in the church, both are false, the one is the prosperity gospel, the other is the works gospel of self abasement filled with false humility and man generated repentance and holiness. Listen to it and recieve instruction from the heart of God.

http://www.tscnyc.org/sermons.php The message is called: Beware Of The Angry Watchmen

2007/10/30 8:15Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Carter Conlon/Neil Rhodes

Thank you brother will defenitely be listening to this ... And just in case, thank you brother for all that you did over the course of last week.

Had heard from someone that Times Square Church had set aside some special time to pray over the conference ...

2007/10/30 9:37Profile
dohzman

Re: Carter Conlon/Neil Rhodes

Bump

2007/10/30 14:28Profile
igy

Re: A MUST LISTEN TO :Carter Conlon/Neil Rhodes

This was a excellent message. I believe a word from God. I encourage all to listen and allow God to deal with you.

God bless,
Igy

2007/10/30 20:14Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

This message made me tremble. Let us take heed of these things if we are going to dare to take up the word of God and speak in His name in the days to come. There is true revival and there is false revival, God help us to know the difference.

In Christ,

Ron

2007/10/30 20:46Profile
Corneliu

Brother Carter talks about a false "holiness revival".
Does anybody know if anythig at the Revival Conference might of prompted that message? And what is the false holiness he is reffering to?

2007/10/30 22:36Profile

Re:

Listening now! :-)

2007/10/30 22:47

Re:

WOW! This is a prophetic message from a dream Carter Conlon had and encourages all to listen and distribute to friends. Thanks for sharing!

I wanted to just encourage everyone to stay away from those who pull you down and discourage you.

IF IT DOESN'T DRAW YOU CLOSER TO GOD AND MAKES YOU WANT TO GIVE UP STAY AWAY FROM THEM OR IT!!!

We cling to so many things that pull us down thinking they are helping us when they are only hindering us.

2007/10/30 23:20
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Have been thinking about this verse lately:

"Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves."

[i]...let each esteem other better than themselves[/i]

2007/10/30 23:46Profile
dohzman

Re:

You have to rember that the parisee had an outward form of godilness but inwardly was full of dead mens bones, Jesus said of the scribes that they made the way to God difficult. We are only changed as we see Jesus, we go from glory to glory. As a minister, or preacher if you will, if I can't bring a clear picture of who Jesus is, or what His doctrine is, lifting Him high in the sight of the congregation, than I have failed.

Quote:
And what is the false holiness he is reffering to?

It's a man centered attempt at becoming holy. Usually has a strong outward code or ethic in dress as well as disposition. Instead of saying that one should dress modestly and allowing the Holy Spirit to bring a sense of personal conviction, we say dress modestly and this how and what you wear and how you dress in order to fit in and show that you are holy. The same is true about disposition, we say be gentle, humble, kind...etc...these are the workings of the Holy Spirit, His fruit, humility is nothing more than perfect yeildedness to the Spirit of the Living God in obedience. But we tell people "if you act a certain way than you are humble" and so the list goes on. The false holiness revival is a manward attempt at being holy. Like Paul said in Galatians,O'foolish galatians having begun in the spirit are you now made pefect in the flesh?And I know he was talking circumcision, however the principle is the same.
The narrow path that Jesus was talking about was was a life fully devoted to beholding Him and following Him, the change that occurs in us happens very naturally as we look upon Him.

2007/10/31 4:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy