SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Holy Spirit.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No different but they did not know it or Jesus would no have chosen Paul to bring the Truth of Christ in them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Were they born again?

If so, what did the Spirit teach them?

In Christ
Jeff

Yes, but did not know that Christ was in them and their new life.

John 14:26-31 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I. And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe. Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me. But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence.

Has it come to pass, is He in you? Are you dead to sin, are you alive in Christ, Did you die on the Cross with Him, as Paul saw Himself crucified with Him and living in His Faith unto the Glory of God.

Galatians 2:19-21 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Colossians 1:25-28 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Presenting every man perfect in Christ, Preaching by the Holy Spirit, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, That the birth of Christ has come to each one that believes that He is the Son of God, second birth, Christ in you the Hope of Glory.

Phillip

2007/11/7 0:18Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Quote:
Has it come to pass, is He in you? Are you dead to sin, are you alive in Christ, Did you die on the Cross with Him, as Paul saw Himself crucified with Him and living in His Faith unto the Glory of God.

This is how I recognize my life in Him...

Phil. 3:12 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. 13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

2Cor. 4:16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. 17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, 18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal. 1 For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed with our habitation which is from heaven, 3 if indeed, having been clothed, we shall not be found naked. 4 For we who are in this tent groan, being burdened, not because we want to be unclothed, but further clothed, that mortality may be swallowed up by life. 5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.

Are you of like mind with Paul when he says....2Cor. 4:16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.

In Christ
Jeff

2007/11/7 3:15Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

1 John 4:17-19 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: ((((((because as He is, so are we in this world.))))) There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. We love him, because he first loved us.

What does it mean, "as He is, so are we

2007/11/7 12:43Profile

Re:

Jeff asked:

Quote:
How often do you or others you know prophesy? Do you always have at your disposal the ability to prophesy?

Jeff, there is Prophecy and Prophesy. There are no NEW propheCies, yet to PropheSy is to exhort and build up. It is a Gift given to the Body of Christ for the Body of Christ.

Those who have been given the Gift of Prophesy will prophesy.

What I mean about no new prophecies...they are all "complete" in Scripture. So someone who says, I had a dream last night and the world is going to come to an end today at this or that time is not prophecy or prophesy.

There are still unfulfilled prophecies yet to come to pass RE: Jesus Christ taking the throne of David during the 1000 Year Millennial Reign,( this is in scripture) but if someone comes along and says, "I had a dream or vision last night and that is going to be cancelled, God has another plan He just told me about".....he is a false prophet. There are no such prophets today.

I hope that helps answer your question.

It's a great study between these two words, and great insight spiritually, so we don't get led away by the modern day Balaam's! If you should meet one, check everything against scripture. As we know, Jesus Christ the First, Last, Beginning and End and Alpha and Omega has all ready won the victory....no need for alterations! ;-)

Love in Christ
Katy-Did

2007/11/7 13:46
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother Phillip,

1John 4:12 No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us. 13 By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit. 14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son as Savior of the world. 15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. 16 And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.

John writes that God abides in us, "because He has given us of His Spirit."

He who abides in love abides in God, and God in him. So we who walk in the light as He is in the light, the love of God is perfected in him.

The Son loved the Father because He followed the Holy Spirit. Likewise we too will learn to love the Father as the Son whom He sent.

2 Corinthians 5:

18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, 19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

Christ teaches us to love the Father through the power of the Holy Ghost.

What do think, are we learning from Him?

Your brother in Christ
Jeff

2007/11/8 1:55Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Sister Katy wrote:

Quote:
Jeff, there is Prophecy and Prophesy. There are no NEW propheCies, yet to PropheSy is to exhort and build up. It is a Gift given to the Body of Christ for the Body of Christ.

I was refering to how the Spirit of God came upon King Saul and he prophisied. Likewise, at Pentecost Scripture states...

Acts 2:

4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Then Peter identifies this action of the Spirit with the Scripture...

16 But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:
17 “And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God,
That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your young men shall see visions,
Your old men shall dream dreams.

Here we see that Joel who is inspired by the Holy Spirit writes..."That I will pour out of My Spirit ((((on)))) all flesh....your sons and your daughters shall prophesy..."

You see according to Scripture there is no difference in what happened to those at Pentecost who were filled with the Spirit and those who also prophesied and saw visions when the Spirit was pour out on them.

In terms of Prophesy we know that it speaks of future events but also of past events. Have you ever considered what God prophesied to King Ahaz and how that was a sign meant for him in his generation?

Is. 7:10 Moreover the LORD spoke again to Ahaz, saying, 11 “Ask a sign for yourself from the LORD your God; ask it either in the depth or in the height above.”

Is. 7:12 But Ahaz said, “I will not ask, nor will I test the LORD!”

Is. 7:13 Then he said, “Hear now, O house of David! Is it a small thing for you to weary men, but will you weary my God also? 14 Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel. 15 Curds and honey He shall eat, that He may know to refuse the evil and choose the good. 16 For before the Child shall know to refuse the evil and choose the good, the land that you dread will be forsaken by both her kings.

Do you see that there are two prophesies here, one would be for Ahaz and one would be for the generation of Peter.

Just some thoughts.

Your brother in Christ
Jeff

2007/11/8 2:23Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

sister Katy wrote;

Quote:
Jesus Christ fully God/ fully Man did not exist in the OT. He was the Messiah they were looking forward to .

I believe that is why Scripture refers to Melchizedek in this way....

Hebrews 7: 3 "..but made like the Son of God, remains a priest continually.

Notice the words "like the Son of God,"

Dan. 3:25 “Look!” he answered, “I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire; and they are not hurt, and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.”

Notice the words "like the Son of God."

Jesus is the Messiah in all generations...because

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.

Whether it was Daniel or Abraham or Paul, it was Jesus who is the Sent One.

Just a thought

Your brother in Christ
Jeff

2007/11/8 3:41Profile

Re:

Quote:
I believe that is why Scripture refers to Melchizedek in this way....

Quote:
Hebrews 7: 3 "..but made like the Son of God, remains a priest continually.

Jeff, I so love the chapter of Hebrews 10. It is rich in Truth, Doctrine, and Grace.

Can you find the differences between Melchizedek in the OT and our Lord in the New. I don't believe Melchizedek died on a cross for anyone's sin or was the only way to the Father.

Even in John 8 Jesus said of Abraham (who was NOT under Law) "Abraham rejoiced to see MY DAY, he saw it and was glad". "Before Abraham was I AM". Jesus clearly clarifying He was from the beginning ....God.

What do you suppose Abraham saw? Was it not when he offered Isaac upon the alter, that God was able to raise him up. Abraham SAW the resurrection, through Jesus Christ, in a vision( Hebrews 11).

OT Saints, bless their souls, did not have [u][i]Direct[/i][/u] inter action as we can today with the Father.(Only Moses had the privledge of that when in the presence of the burning bush. NO one can come to the Father except through his Son, Jesus Christ. It is the [u][i][b]Resurrection[/b][/i][/u]of Jesus Christ that we have this access to the Father to begin with. We come into the Holy of Holies by a [u][b]NEW AND LIVING WAY...THROUGH THE VEIL, THT IS TO SAY HIS FLESH, (I am Crucified with Christ Galatains 2:20& 21) [/b][/u] that was not available during OT times.

Yes, when the Author was writing to Jewish people about the eternal priesthood of Jesus Christ, using Melchizedek as a type or shaddow of Christ(Eternal), you will see that to be true when reading the whole Chapter. The Word of God who became flesh and dwelt among us was the point in Chapter 7 that Jesus Christ is/was the Messiah Prophecied to come through out the OT Scriptures.

Prophe*c*y concerning Jesus Christ began in Genesis 3:15. Here now in Hebrews 10 is part of the Prophe*C*y fulfilled.

Hebrews 10
1For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

2For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.

3But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.

4For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

5Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

6In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.

7Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

8Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;

9Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

10By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

11And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:

12But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

13From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.

14For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

15Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,

16This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

17And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

18Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

19Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,

20By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;

21And having an high priest over the house of God;

22Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

23Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)

24And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

25Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

26For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

27But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

28He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

29Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

30For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

31It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

32But call to remembrance the former days, in which, after ye were illuminated, ye endured a great fight of afflictions;

33Partly, whilst ye were made a gazingstock both by reproaches and afflictions; and partly, whilst ye became companions of them that were so used.

34For ye had compassion of me in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of your goods, knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance.

35Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.

36For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

37For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.

38Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

39But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

Paul said in 1 Corinthians 15, tht if Jesus Christ had not been raised from the dead...we would all be hopelessly lost.

Love in Christ
Katy-Did ;-)

2007/11/8 9:04

Re:

Jeff,

Part 2, and this will be short.

But first part 1 needs to be understood before you can understand what i am about to say.

The Spirit of Christ and the Person of Christ cannot be separated, nor did it exist in the OT. Here is why

The Spirit and Person of Christ in us is that which unites us in His death and resurrection Life. It is the Spirit of Obedience, Surrender, Suffering, conforminng us to His Image, working in us and through us through the resurrection of Jesus Christ. (That I may KNOW Him and the fellowship of His sufferings being made conformable to his death that I may attain to the resurrection) It is the Spirit of Christ in us...full of Grace and Truth. THIS is OUR life under Grace. Grace is Calvary...the resurrection side. We are Saved by His RISEN life.

Love in Christ
Katy-Did

***We don't yet know what we will be but we know we will be like Him, as we shall see Him as He is.***

:-D

2007/11/8 9:33
wildbranch

Re:

Katy-did said----------quote: "Even in John 8 Jesus said of Abraham (who was NOT under Law) "Abraham rejoiced to see MY DAY, he saw it and was glad".

Just a note about that, referring to Genesis 26:5 .... "Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and My laws".

(Thanks. I know it is aside from the general theme of your address)

2007/11/8 9:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy