SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What I consider sound doctrine

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

What I consider sound doctrine

For about 7 years I've been diligently studying the scriptures for the truth and have also read many books by great men of God and this is what I have come to believe:

- All men have a freewill, the power of contingent choice and are for that reasonable accountable for their actions

- God's commandments are not impossible and He expects us to keep them

- Sinless Perfection is attainable in this life

- A person must stop sinning in this life or they will not go to Heaven

- Entire sanctification is necessary before justification can occur. A person must make a conscious choice to surrender everything to Jesus (all sin included) before they can be saved.

- Conversion/Regeneration is a personal decision to deny yourself, pick up your cross, and follow Jesus; a decision to repent and believe the gospel

- Sin is not a hereditary disease but a voluntary decision of the will, a wrong use of freewill

- Sin is a rebellious use of freewill against the Sovereign plan of God

- Babies are born innocent and sinless and voluntarily choose to corrupt themselves at the age of accountability

- Sinners are sinners by choice not birth

- The future is partly open and partly settled and God knows it as such

- The foreknowledge of God consists in God foreknowing all certainties as certain and all possibilities as possible

- Jesus Christ died for everyone, his blood was a sin offering which makes it possible for God to forgive everyone conditionally

- Salvation is conditional upon repentance and faith

- Salvation can be lost by one act of rebellion

- The Church was wrong for condemning Pelagius and agreeing with Augustine

I've defended these positions with an abundance of scriptures time and time again on these boards, but I just wanted to make it abundantly - plainly - and publicly known what I believe the Spirit of God has taught me through revelation.

No doubt some of you may disagree with me on all points, some of you may agree with me on some points, and maybe a few actually agree on all points.

2007/9/14 17:02
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: What I consider sound doctrine

I can just see where this thread will go brother

may everyone "discuss" with Love and in a way that glorifies Jesus, agree on most things but not all....

2007/9/14 17:11Profile
MikeH

Assuming that you live by the principles you so diligently espouse, as not doing so would be so damning, then, sir, it must be a delight to be in your presence, and I am only sad we live so far apart. It would be both a privilge and pleasure to meet you; every element of your life must exemplify Christ incarnate.

Mike

PS In case there might be any uncertainty on anyone's part, this post contains not even the slightest hint of sarcasm.

2007/9/14 17:30Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Quote:
I've defended these positions with an abundance of scriptures time and time again on these boards, but I just wanted to make it abundantly - plainly - and publicly known what I believe the Spirit of God has taught me through revelation.

No what you have done is avoid answering questions you cannot by alluding to the emotional or sarcastic, or even stretching history to make your agenda known. Brother Ron(philologos), myself and others have time and again tried to correct your misinterpretation of verses, or asked you what you were getting at, and strangely you either forget those threads exist, or avoid the questions altogether.

Now as for sinless perfection, and understanding that you mean it as a complete love for God, or something of that idea. How in the world can you stand before God, and say you have always loved your neighbour as yourself? I have unfortunately watched too many of your videos of you preaching, and what is displayed is not love and a genuine concern for the souls you are speaking to. Rather it is an egotistic barrage of hopelessness made even worse by the fact that all you care to do is anger people by your pompous unfounded declaration of sinlessness. You expect dead men to live, and then beat them for not doing so. How dare you, you are worse than Pharaoh demanding bricks without straw.

To be blunt, you are as the lawyers Jesus spoke of that bind heavy burdens upon people, and yet cannot carry them themselves. And another prime example of your type would be the Pharisee who prayed thus with himself, "Lord I thank you that I am not as other men, for I do not sin, I am wondrously pure because I have exercised my free-will and made myself born again. Oh thank you Lord that I am so wondrous."

Meanwhile a publican (whom you would despise and verbally accost, and probably not allow near the temple) cannot even lift up his face, and cries out, "Lord be merciful to me a sinner"

Wonder whom Jesus said went home justified, or declared righteous?

Free will is a figment of the imagination. For it is as a rock that can only sink, or move downwards. To do anything else, it requires an outside force. You cannot say that men are slaves to sin, yet free to choose for in this you express the double mindedness of your free will predecessors who have long been proved wrong.

If the will is enslaved in one point, it is not free at all. If it cannot do good(God's standard) on its own, then it is not free and must look outside itself for freedom.

I have really tried Jesse, but your doctrine is heresy reborn from the lies of Pelagius, and the Sophists through the annals of hell, and must be countered whenever possible. These are strong words, but because I love you and grieve for the souls you abuse I say this.

2007/9/14 17:54Profile
HopePurifies

Georgia, USA

Re:

roaringlamb,

It's too bad your theology doesn't allow you to love your brother. Your post shows that you live up to it.
If you don't see love in Jesse's preaching, you are blind.

2007/9/14 18:11Profile
myfirstLove

Re:

RoaringLamb there is no hope in your message. you make God to seem like He is too small to help us overcome sin. When He said He came to set us free from sin.

Your message is depressing sayng that christians will continue to struggle. That is unscriptural.

Galatians 5:24

24And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

1 John 5:4
4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.

Where is your faith in God to lead us in victory, going from glory to glory, not defeat to defeat?

It is not of works that sets us free. It is FAITH, brother.

2007/9/14 18:12Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Here are some ore questions for you Jesse-

Do you love your wife as Christ loved the Church ALL the time? Do you ever get irritated with her, or she with you?

Has your wife been hurt by things you have said, or done?

Do you ever argue?

Do you ever worry about a bill being paid?

Do you ever not give thanks to God in everything?

There are more, but these should have blown your sinlessness out of the water. If not you should start doing marriage seminars! :-P

2007/9/14 18:12Profile
myfirstLove

Re:

Note, I do not agree with all of Jesse's view.

I just wanted to share with roaringlamb in giving him hope and encouragement.

2007/9/14 18:16Profile
myfirstLove

Re:

acutually I really disagree with a lot of Jesse's view.

2007/9/14 18:18Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

roaringlamb wrote:
Here are some ore questions for you Jesse-

Do you love your wife as Christ loved the Church ALL the time? Do you ever get irritated with her, or she with you?

Has your wife been hurt by things you have said, or done?

Do you ever argue?

Do you ever worry about a bill being paid?

Do you ever not give thanks to God in everything?

There are more, but these should have blown your sinlessness out of the water. If not you should start doing marriage seminars! :-P

are tease things acceptable? or not as bad as other sins? I know what you are trying to say brother...but no sin is ever ok in any way or form, fore a believer...ever....

but [b]if[/b] we sin..... you know the rest :-)

2007/9/14 18:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy