SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : WHO is the CAUSE of sin and WHAT is the SOURCE of sin?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread

Re:

1Corinthians 10:13 says that all sin is avoidable and optional - temptation (or the strongest motive) is never beyond our ability to resist and there is always a way of escape.

And we are also capable of taking EVERY THOUGHT captive to the obedience of Christ.

So there is never any excuses of inability when it comes to failure to overcome sin and temptation. It is never beyond what we are able (ability), there is always a way of escape, and we are capable of even taking every thought captive to obedience.

2007/9/13 17:02
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote:Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

roaringlamb wrote:
The truth is, every single Christian is always one thought away from sin,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Logic wrote:
That is a lie.

Rom 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

2Cr 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Eph 4:8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

What are those gifts? Ephesians 1:3-7 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

2 Galatians 2:19-21 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

3 Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Hbr 6:4 For [it is] impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

4 Eph 4:7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Rom 5:15 But not as the offence, so also [is] the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, [which is] by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

Rom 5:17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

1Cr 1:7 So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:

"Every thought into captivity" unto the knowledge of Christ and the Gifts given to men.

In Christ: Phillip

2007/9/13 18:57Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:
Christinyou wrote:

Quote:
Roaringlamb wrote:
The truth is, every single Christian is always one thought away from sin,

Quote:
Logic wrote:
That is a lie.

Rom 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Romans 7 is Pauls pre-salvation battle and the personal experience of the "natural man" who is outside of Christ.
Quote:
Eph 4:8 Wherefore He is saying, Ascending on high, He captures captivity And gives gifts to mankind.

What are those gifts?

Paul was using an exegetic to say that Jesus gave gifts to mankind as men themselves.
The gifts are men as in apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers.

If you read [b]Psalm 68:18[/b] [color=990000]Psalm 68:18 You have gone up on high; You have led captivity captive; You have received gifts among men;[/color]
or [color=990000]Thou hast taken gifts for men[/color]

I do not know what all those other scripturse that you write are for, maybe to prove a point, but I know that they are not pertaining to the gifts from Eph 4:8

As for the Christian that is always one thought away from sin, you should say that the Christian is always one thought away from wonder of HIS grace.

2007/9/13 20:05Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

I thought those were gifts of the Holy Spirit.

That is why every thought should be in captivity to Christ.

2007/9/13 20:35Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:
Christinyou wrote:
I thought those were gifts of the Holy Spirit.

That is why every thought should be in captivity to Christ.

You know that the gifts of the Holy Spirit are in 1Corinth 12.

About every thought being in captivity to Christ(2Corinth 10:5), that is but a duty.
I don't see the connection of this and Eph 4:8.

2007/9/13 22:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy