SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Why is this a true statement, though not literally found in the Bible?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Orm,

God came to Adam and Eve and the end of the day and fellowshipped with them. Everything was absolutely perfect from our human standpoint. God loved it as did the humans.

Jesus came and now the people got a glimpse of what Adam and Eve fouled up. I say glimpsed because their environment was so defiled by the consequences of sin which could easily blind a person to who/what they were seeing, hence Jesus resorted to miracles in an attempt to break through this fog that enveloped them in their blindness.

Before Jesus left he promised his Spirit to his children 'who will lead you into all truth'. He also considered the Spirit's indwelling superior to his physical presense on this earth. John 16:7,8: "It is expedient for you that I go away for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:"

Indeeed do I attempt to live the 'way of the cross': I make no apologies for that. Gal 2:20: I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." This is what I hope others will see in me. In reality my life mirrors too often that of Christiana, wife of Christian in "Pilgrim's Progress". And as I study the scriptures I find Paul in the same battle with flesh. I need to experience a crucifixion on a regular basis, like Paul said "I die daily." (I Cor. 15:31.)

Am I missing your point? Likely. "But I know whom I have believed and am persuded that he he is able to keep that which I have committted unto Him against that day!"

ginnyrose

2007/9/1 9:26Profile

Re:

Quote:

ginnyrose wrote:
Orm,

God came to Adam and Eve and the end of the day and fellowshipped with them. Everything was absolutely perfect from our human standpoint. God loved it as did the humans.

ginnyrose

But not His. God wanted sons JUST LIKE HIM; WITH HIS CHRARCTER.

What is so-o-o-o difficult to understand about this?

2007/9/1 9:33

Re:

Quote:

godcentral wrote:
Hello Ormly,

God is all powerful and therefore doesn't even require pro-creation for his purposes.

Mat 3:9 And do not think to say within yourselves, We have a father, Abraham. For I say to you that God is able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones.

As I stated and as Jesus provided FOR ALL MANKIND, it can't be any other way than procreation. Sorry you can't see it that way.

2007/9/1 9:35

Re:

Quote:

murdog wrote:
Orm,

I must say I find that this thread actually angers me. First of all it does not seem as if you have a point. I am not alone on this as it seems most of the other posters have no idea what the question actually is.

Secondly you have been extremely rude and condescending to some of the other posters who question you. You get annoyed with them for not being clear, when by your own admittance you are guilty of the same.

Enough Already.

Murray

Thats because I don't like dishonesty; have my statements/words returned to me, mis-represented.

Secondly, I have been quite clear. You, as with most hung up with only the understanding of part of the good news, just don't agree and that's ok.
Don't slam me because I do. And, I might add, I am not violating SOUND doctrine. Perhaps you should question yours and not me.

If fact, why don't you show me where I am wrong!

Address some of the questions I have asked like "Did God place Adam here to fail just so you could be redeemed"? If not, what did God have in mind .... and don't give me "for His pleasure" bit. That won't wash.

2007/9/1 9:36

Re:

Quote:
Note: Though in italics, all translations understood the "making" process and added the word. Adam was made ...; Jesus was made....

This is the verse,
The first MAN Adam was made a living soul, the last Adam (notice it DOESN"T say Last MAN Adam, or second Adam) a quickening spirit.

1[b][color=CC0000] Corinthians 15:47 state the first man was of the earth -earthly, the second man ***IS THE LORD***, HEAVENLY.[/color][/b]

No where does it say **IS BECOMMING OR WAS BECOMMING**.

Actually much of what is being said here denies the trinity, suggesting Jesus was made or created, grossly overlooking the following statements about who Jesus was before becoming flesh for us.

Ormly states:

Quote:
He would have, by a series of moral choices, arrived at his own transguration.... just like the man Jesus. That was the ultimate intention for him by God. Adam failed the first test given him

No such test was EVER given to Adam according to SCRIPTURE. Adding words and and adding a different meaning to those ADDED words is not scripture....but only those who want to "monkey around" with the Word of God.

This is what SCRIPTURE says about the Last Adam, who WAS and IS and Always will be.

John 17,

24Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

5And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory [b][color=CC0000]which I had with thee before the world was. [/color][/b]

Philippians 2:

[b][color=CC0000]6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: [/color][/b]

Hebrews 2:
14Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

15And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

[b][color=CC0000]16For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.[/color][/b]

John 8
23And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

56Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

57Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
58Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, [b][color=CC0000]Before Abraham was, **I AM**. [/color][/b]

With Love in Christ Jesus
Katy-Did

2007/9/1 9:53
godcentral

Re:

hey orm,

Quote:
Address some of the questions I have asked like "Did God place Adam here to fail just so you could be redeemed"? If not, what did God have in mind .... and don't give me "for His pleasure" bit. That won't wash.

Clearly through Israels fall the gentiles recieved mercy. It was all pre-planned and Adam is not exempt from this plan for:

Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

For it is God who wants to show his wrath and power.

2007/9/1 10:04Profile

Re:

Quote:

godcentral wrote:
hey orm,

Quote:

Clearly through Israels fall the gentiles recieved mercy. It was all pre-planned and Adam is not exempt from this plan for:

Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

For it is God who wants to show his wrath and power.

What does that have to do with God's reason for creating Adam/mankind and placing him in the garden for a test of his allegiance?

2007/9/1 10:06
godcentral

Re:

Your question was "Did God place Adam here to fail just so you could be redeemed"?

well, my view is yes he did. Adams fall did not take God by surprise. For he is the potter (the creator of us all. Adam as well) making the lumps of clay into whatever he pleases

2007/9/1 10:12Profile

Re:

Quote:

godcentral wrote:
Your question was "Did God place Adam here to fail just so you could be redeemed"?

well, my view is yes he did. Adams fall did not take God by surprise. For he is the potter (the creator of us all. Adam as well) making the lumps of clay into whatever he pleases

Then you, in believing that, have to conclude; are forced to conclude, God is unjustice. Is God unjust?? There can be no other conclusion.

You are also saying, by your remark, that God is arbitrary in what He does. Is God arbitrary??

Your "potter and clay" thing won't wash.

2007/9/1 10:37

Re:

Ormly has an erroneous understanding of the word "Transfiguration" as something that was to happen to Adam after his obedience, Transfiguring him into a son of God.

But the scripture in the Gospel of Matthew 17:2 and Mark 9:2 was revealing to the Apostles, those who were standing there, that Jesus Christ is/was God who being veiled in the flesh had been seen and to testify of these things afterward.

He didn't have to do anything or prove anything FIRST, to receive His Transfiguration. His being transfigured "momentarily" for the disciples eyes to see, PROVED HE IS/WAS and will always be Lord. When He came down off the Mountain, He once again, clothed in Flesh for you and me, continued His Ministry, went to the Cross, Rose Again, was seen of some 500, (not in a transfigured state...*white as snow* etc) until He went to the Father and was once Again Glorified with Him. This Glorified Jesus, appeared to Paul on the road to Demascus, with such brilliance, it blinded Paul.

This mis-application of the understanding of Transfigur"ed" NOT Transfigur "ATION"( no word in scripture for TransfigurATION....as something of BECOMMING.

Through Christ, and IN CHRIST ONLY ,are our minds being transformed from Glory to Glory, even by the Spirit of the Lord. This is ALL the WORK of the Lord, so in reality of the Saint, It should read, HIS UTMOST for our Highest. As that is exactly what HE DID, God GAVE HIS UTMOST, God Gave HIS Only Begotten Son....To God be the Glory for all the UTMOST Things HE has done.

Love In Christ
Katy-did

2007/9/1 10:58

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy