SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Spiritual Gifts! Prophecy

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Relevant seeing and speaking
By Lars Widerberg

Old Testament Prophets spoke words from God.
After Pentecost the Apostles wrote God's Word under the direction of the Holy Spirit.
Modern day Prophet speaks God's written Word that the Apostle wrote in a relevant way to the present situations.
By moe_mac
In short: a prophet is some who speaks God's Word.
It is a gift given by the Holy Spirt as God sees fit, to give by grace to whom he choses, either liberally or lightly. All saved people will have one or two strong gifts and some weaker gifts. All of us have a least one spiritual gift, if we are saved to equip use for HIS purpose in HIS church.

2007/8/28 9:28
lwpray

Sweden

Re:

Do not mix gifts with vocation. . .
Do not mix that which is occational and temporal - though imparted by the Holy Spirit - with that which is written in a life, written as eternal quality. . .

2007/8/28 9:32Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Truthfully speaking

Quote:
This is prophetic speaking: A conclusive word, a statement of eternal character sent to cause and provoke man to thinking.

... [i]to thinking[/i].

Mat 13:10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?

2007/8/28 9:36Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

I beleive the office of prophet can be distinguished from the gift in that it is permanent and abiding. The calling is inseperable from the man.

Art Katz is very helpful here in his book [url=http://www.benisrael.org/writings/online_books/spirit_of_prophecy/sop_contents.html]The Spirit of Prophecy[/url]

In Christ,

Ron

2007/8/28 9:53Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
Modern day Prophet speaks God's written Word that the Apostle wrote in a relevant way to the present situations.

this sounds as though you are saying that in the current time a 'prophet' is someone who applies the New Testament to current situations. Would you deny the possibility of an extra-biblical revelation of the kind we find in the Acts eg.

[color=0033FF] And in these days [u]prophets[/u] came from Jerusalem to Antioch. Then one of them, named Agabus, stood up and showed by the Spirit that there was going to be a great famine throughout all the world, which also happened in the days of Claudius Caesar. (Acts 11:27-28 NKJV)[/color]

2007/8/28 11:11Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re:

We do not fall in the trap which some modern prophets so easily do - redefining theological content through the use of prophecy.
We do believe that God does help and instruct through prophecy in practical issues.

2007/8/28 11:22Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
We do not fall in the trap which some modern prophets so easily do - redefining theological content through the use of prophecy.
We do believe that God does help and instruct through prophecy in practical issues.

Can you expand a little? are you referring to eschatological interpretations?

... and who is 'we' by the way?

2007/8/28 12:05Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re:

Dear Ron,

Misapplication in the escatological realm might not be the most precarious region of thought where prophets and others try to do exploits, but rather in the realm of the preaching of the cross unto revival.

I guess you are going to ask me to elaborate even more, but I do believe we have enough material at hand on this site which takes us back to reality as to this major issue; the cross of Christ applied in personal lives unto Glory.

By the way, I look for ward to meet you in Canton, where I will conduct a prayer watch the week before the conference.

2007/8/28 12:18Profile
MarkOne

Re:

The standpoint which holds the gift of prophecy to be the base for and mark of a prophet belongs to those modern errors which leads the Church away from soundness.
It does so because the utterances given by the many are seldom supported by the holiness necessary to prove the prophetic call.
It is well said by lwpray, as he refers the gift of prophecy to what is temporal and the vocation of a prophet to a life lived before God.

2007/8/28 13:51Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
Misapplication in the escatological realm might not be the most precarious region of thought where prophets and others try to do exploits, but rather in the realm of the preaching of the cross unto revival.

I'm not trying to trap you... just to understand you. This sounds as though you are saying that the 'misapplication... is.. in the realm of the preaching of the cross unto revival'. I don't understand what that means.

2007/8/28 17:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy