SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : what does it mean to love?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
awakenwithin

AZ

what does it mean to love?

Sometimes in life I want people to love me!
I want, I hope for. Then there is noting and I end up becoming upset. I am really acting in love? How can I love deeper?
It seems when I am able to give and care not if the give anything back. Is when I am on my face before God for them.. I have seem my love grow colder, as I have prayed less in the last few days. Becomeing upset over foolish thing. Saying foolish in my heart. Feeling I have been hurt, when I should be looking how I can love them even more. I seem my wicked sin, Have pray to little and not even cared. How little I love, how little I really gave. I pray God can really move to know what a deeper love is. But I know that part will be pianful. But the bitter pain turn in the sweet joy.
So what does love look like when we are praying for others?
have you ever been so broken because you started praying?
Have never started wanting to know everything because you were praying for them?
have you ever just started weeping beacuse you prayed for them?
what does pray do to us when we start praying for someone?

I seen my heart torn into pices and weeping and sorrow. I long to know how I can pray more. It bring something deeper..

I confess I have loved little for I have prayed little,,

In his love
charlene

2007/8/25 3:10Profile
Peacecraft

USA

Re: what does it mean to love?

Thanks for sharing Charlene. How much I can relate with you!!!

2007/8/26 16:07Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Charlene, when are hearts are broken and
we are burdened; God's heart is broken and
hurting, too. Love gives selflessly
and sacrificially; love suffers long and
is kind. Yes, if you desire deeply to
know the breadth, the depth, the height,
the fullness of His love for you-- you
will be filled!! Blessings to you! :-D

2007/8/26 17:29Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

I think I desire to give more of myslef.
To really live out the words written in this book called the Bible.. But How?

I found I can't love I can't pray I am helpless,
without Christ..

But the words paul write hits my heart like a brick, I think I missing that.. Do I really love somtimes?

What does it mean to love when you disagree?
"For the kingdom of God does not consist in talk but in power. What do you wish? Shall I come to you with a rod, or with love in a spirit of gentleness?" 1 Cor 4:20-21

So when do we go witha rod? or with love in the spirit of gentlesness?

The way of love....
"1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

"love is patient"
I Could know that God who begane the good work in them will finish it.. I will have patient in others walks, in the weakness.
I can get upset when someone doesn't understand..

"nd kind; love does not envy or boast;"
Do I evny others, there has been times.. I very guity of wanting what they have. Like wanting to go and be a missionary I eveny them.. Came upset I could be there, Besides loveing the fact I am here and they are there. Or a job, or a place to live. WOw to me, may I know what God is given is good. To know I am blessed

it is not arrogant

or rude.

I can be rude when I don't feel well,

It does not insist on its own way;
I insiste on my ways and don't pray. I want my stuff, my food, my time, I am not willing to give of my time for more prayer.

it is not irritable

or resentful;

it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.

Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never ends.

May lord teach a deeper love.. for our brothers and sister..

Blessing

2007/8/26 18:43Profile

Charlene,

In case you're upset that you're not getting the love you think you need from the people around you...

... please remember that it's like this to drive you to God's arms.

One the one hand, I feel like God wants me to grow so dissatisfied with people and the world that I only seek His love for comfort and shelter...

On the other, I can still love them even if they don't love me back. I get love by loving.

2007/8/27 2:38
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Cory,
When I run to God to be filled, I am able to love others. I agree it makes me run to God..
And what a wonderful place to be.. The more my eyes on Christ, it seems I can love more..

In Christ in the best place to be..

Thanks brother

Charlene

2007/9/20 18:00Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I constantly ask this question

Joh 5:42 - Show Context
But I know you, that you do not have the love of God in you.

it scares me when jesus talks to the pharisee's and says to them you do not have the love of god in you and we can all be capable of this

1Jo 3:17 - Show Context
But whoever has this world's goods, and sees his brother in need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in him?

1Jo 4:7 - Show Context
Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.

1Jo 4:8 - Show Context
He who does not love does not know God, for God is love

The thing is what people call love has changed, the love of god can stop me from sinning.
i know that and the love of god can conquer my fears.

Lust and love are so much confused in this world.
Love is so much in the world media and raised to a god even in church
As C S lewis says "when love becomes a god it becomes a demon"
Yet if we do not love we do not know god!!

I think it was Art Katz said that Love is a god given thing.As he is love in himself

It seems in a world where love is absent yet desired and only fully fufulled in Jesus as God is love.

I am finding out what love isnt.
In a world where people spend more time in front of a television or trying to dodge communication and communicate about the subjects that they hear on the radio or tv.

It is a hard subject and not easily definable.

edit

Corithians 13 bits not mentioned much

4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth F47 not itself, is not puffed up, 5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; 6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; F48 7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

Everytime I hear this passage, people like quoting love is patient an love is kind but not as much rejoiceth in iniquity but rejoices in the truth.

2007/9/21 20:39Profile
psalm1

Re:

delta, i am glad this subject came up. I know i have a long way to go. I have recently been thinking about Gods love and human love.I know i am a better person when i am on fire with Gods presence than when i have been lax in spending time with Jesus. .....David

2007/9/21 21:09Profile
Onesimus4God

Cyber Space

Re: real love

God is love. He gave us the perfect example of love in our Lord Jesus Christ. His sacrifice was the greatest expression of love that ever will be.
See, it's not getting love that mirrors God. It is giving love. God so loved, that He gave....
We all need love. I sure do. But I find love when I give it away.
Jesus said there were two great commandments. Please notice that love of self is not expressed in these two commandments. I don't care where you live, or what kind of income you have, there is always someone to love. Reach out and touch the Lord, as He goes by.
See, Jesus said when we do it to the least of these, we do it unto Him. We look for Jesus, but we miss Him right under our noses.
Jesus did not give His love to the rich and the perfect. He gave it to us while we were yet sinners, lost, aliens of God.
Find someone who is very unlovable and love them. Love your enemies. Then you will begin to really see through Jesus' eyes and your life will be filled with purpose, meaning, and of course you will be lavishly loved of God, and of your fellow man. Alleluia.
Finally, please read all of Isaiah 58. Be sure to note the promises that are rewards of your love. Also read Matthew 25:31 through 46. This is really important to Jesus, so it should be to you too. By this time, you should be getting the message. The greatest expression of love is giving it. You must lose your life to keep it. Lose it in love. Invest it in someone who can't pay you back. Then you will be letting others see Jesus in you. And according to John 14:21, you will be loved by the Father and Jesus will manifest Himself to you. Now that is good news.

In Him,

"O"

2007/9/23 9:30Profile
jarona

The Earth

something I heard and wrote down before is this:
" LOVE IS WILLING AND DOING THE HIGHEST GOOD "

2007/9/23 16:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy