SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Toronto Airport Fellowship false manifestations.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Toronto Airport Fellowship false manifestations.

I am not trying to bash or malign anyones name by putting forth these evidences but really for truths sake these should be put in their place and realized that they are false and are false teachers acting like this in the house of God with the supposed presence of God. It troubles me that many are getting the idea in the secular world that THIS is Christianity, ITS NOT!

You be the judge of what you SEE and HEAR!

Here are some clips of 'John Scotland' when he preached at Toronto Airport Christian Fellowship back maybe 5-10 years ago:

WARNING: these clips are quite graphic and will really might disturb some people at the mockery of the name of Jesus Christ and the Holy Scriptures.

[url=http://www.bible.ca/tongues-scotland-chicken-sounds.ram]JOHN SCOTLAND FROM TORONTO AIRPORT IMPERSONATING A ROOSTER (RealVideo 4:09 stream - Bible.ca)[/url]

[url=http://www.bible.ca/tongues-scotland-spiritual-drunkeness.ram]JOHN SCOTLAND FROM TORONTO AIRPORT GETTING 'SPIRITUALLY' DRUNK (RealVideo 7:02 stream - Bible.ca)[/url]

[url=http://www.bible.ca/tongues-scotland-charge.ram]JOHN SCOTLAND FROM TORONTO AIRPORT INCITING A 'CHARGE' (RealVideo 1:33 stream - Bible.ca)[/url]

[url=http://www.bible.ca/tongues-scotland-partying-revelling.ram]JOHN SCOTLAND FROM TORONTO AIRPORT SHOWING US HOW TO PARTY (RealVideo 4:40 stream - Bible.ca)[/url]

http://www.johnscotland.org/index.htm - here is john scotlands website and he seems quite sane and placid in the picture but this man is dealing with powers which are out of his control.

--------

Here is a video of John Arnott the pastor of the Airport Chrisitan Fellowship and some of the things he calls Gods spirit moving:

[url=http://www.bible.ca/tongues-TACF-mary-audrey-left-leg-anointing.ram]JOHN ARNOTT AND MARY AUDREY'S LEFT LEG ANOINTING (RealVideo 5:35 stream - Bible.ca)[/url]

What has Christianity come to? how can others who call themselves Christians allow things like this to run rampant. When I was a younger Christian I was very grieved with all that was happening in Christianity at large and the excesses that were happening on a HUGE scale. But I really felt helpless and cryed before the Lord many times. Really this ministry is a Rebutal to all the false Christian profession out there and a SHOWING of TRUE Christianity lived out in men of the past and people today.

"let him who has ears hear what the spirit is saying to the church"

2004/5/8 17:52Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Re: Toronto Airport Fellowship false manifestations.

Greg,

I've read many things about the Toronto revival and wonder whether there is a true revival there. I don't profess to know as I haven't been there and don't know anyone who has been.

I'm reminded of 1 John 4:1 "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world." Although I'm a charismatic, I'm troubled by all of these things. How do any of things glorify the risen Christ? That's not meant to be a rhetorical question and is a fair question to ask.

I believe that spiritual gifts are meant, just like everything else God has given us, for His pleasure and His glory.

When I think about the manifestations of gifts and miracles, I think about John the Baptist. He didn't manifest these miraculous gifts but he preached a pure word of God. I believe we need more people with this type of heart versus those who are looking for a "power" ministry.

I'm certain that Smith Wigglesworth and some of the other great leaders in the charismatic movement would turn their ears and likely their noses to much of what is going on today in God's name. What greater miracle is there than a changed life, where someone has passed from death unto life?

2004/5/8 20:27Profile
LoveOneAnother

I am Pentecostal, and strongly opposed to the abuses and falsehood of the Toronto and Laughing revivals and the Word of Faith movement. How dare professing Christians make a mockery of the Word of God like this. What a mockery of the Word of God and of the genuine power and gifts of the Holy Spirit. It is tragic to see people deceived like this. Wake up, body of Christ, and study the Scriptures!!! Movements like this have done great damage to the reputation of the Pentecostal/charismatic movement, as well. I don't know how many times I've heard excesses like these used as an example of all of Pentecostalism.

2004/5/16 0:14Profile
KeithLaMothe

Re:

I think most of the people here understand the distinction between the Toronto mess and Pentacostalism (and perhaps even the distinction between Charismatics and old-time Pentecostals). Many of the speakers recorded in the sermons are Pentacostal or Wesleyan.

In case someone doesn't though: I second that the excesses of those claiming to be part of the Charismatic/Pentecostal movements do not reflect the "real" Pentecostal movement. Remember, Satan tries to defeat truth by imitation: close enough to draw people into falsehood with what looks like the truth, close enough (sometimes) to turn people away from the truth with falsehood.

I wouldn't consider myself Pentacostal, personally, but I know a number of them and have attended several Pentacostal services/meetings and have never detected any damning heresy or demonic manifestation (they were pretty decently behaved, actually, and far more conservative in many areas than the "normal" churches I know). It's been something like 100 years since Azusa Street, and the movement's in dire need of true Holy Ghost revival, but there's still a good number of them soldiering along.

We need a new wineskin, though, a [b]Biblically sound[/b] one. As far as I know, God's never revived a movement twice.

2004/5/16 0:37Profile
LoveOneAnother

Re:

I know folks here know the difference between the two. :) I mentioned it because I am Baptist-turned-Pentecostal, and the Baptists I know frequently use excesses like these as "proof" that all Pentecostals are unsolid and weird.

2004/5/16 0:57Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
In case someone doesn't though: I second that the excesses of those claiming to be part of the Charismatic/Pentecostal movements do not reflect the "real" Pentecostal movement. Remember, Satan tries to defeat truth by imitation: close enough to draw people into falsehood with what looks like the truth, close enough (sometimes) to turn people away from the truth with falsehood.

Brother I fully agree with you, I have been blessed to hear and meet a few old time pentecostals in which you can still feel the fervor and fire of the Holy Spirit on them. They have a jealousness for Gods glory and without a moments hesitation dismiss much of the crazyiness that is happening in charismatic circles. I personally have an admiration for many denominations including pentecostal and really belief other mainstream denominations like presbyterians of which I am a part need the fire and fervor of the Holy Spirit.

Quote:
We need a new wineskin, though, a Biblically sound one. As far as I know, God's never revived a movement twice.

Thats quite an interesting preposition. I would say that every revival doesn't start an denomination but in alot of cases that does happen before, during or after an revival of religion. America has had many different revivals, some inter-denominational and like the one you mentioned started the pentecostal denominations. All the talking about 'revival' is not really revival these days in North America. I am still praying for a genuine revival that has its foundations in repentance and has a changing of the moral climate of society.

2004/5/16 1:02Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I know folks here know the difference between the two. :) I mentioned it because I am Baptist-turned-Pentecostal, and the Baptists I know frequently use excesses like these as "proof" that all Pentecostals are unsolid and weird.

Yes that is a very sad thing that many main-stream denominations: fundemenatal baptist, lutheran, presbyterian, etc will speak bad of most pentecostal denominations because of 'excesses' and a focus on spiritual 'manifestations'. I think Keith is right on saying that when God wants to do a work the devil will try and counteract with a falsity. And of course everyone knows that to be false you must have something that is real and genuine.

2004/5/16 1:04Profile
andrewjames

vermont

hello there,
i could not help but notice your post on the "torronto Blessing" are all negative. I could also not help to notice that it appears that not one of you have been there. It's easy to jusge from a distance isnt it? never really gettign to know the hearts of others, feeling like you have it all together and just knowing that you are right.
i have been to toronto and in fact i went to there ministry school and i fealt such a love of the Father there for His children and a desire to bring HIS CHILDREN closer to himself.
I am not going to sit here and naivley believe that TACF does everything correctly but i am also not going to waist my time pointing out everything that is wrong with people.
you know you can use scripture out of context to prove whatever you want to, people have been doing it since the scriptures have been written almost two thousand years ago. Here is something that is not taken out of context, if you have a problem with your brother bring it to him personally and if he dosnt listen then bring it before the body.
since none of you have been to TACF maybe it would be better not to talk crap about TACF in public forum.
bless you all and i pray that you're relationship with the Father increases and that his love touches your hearts.
andy

2004/5/16 8:52Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Well brother with all due respect you are alternately right and wrong here. Wrong in that it is easy to make a comment in regards to just one post. This is a topic that has come up here often in the past and doing a search through the site will bear this out. A caution needs to be sounded here. I have noticed that often someone who is not familiar with this site will make a reply without first having got a feel to the broader scope of topics and issues that have and/or are being discussed.

In this instance, if you were to go back through some of the older postings you would find that there are actually quite a few who have been there and their respective thoughts as you yourself have mentioned.

As far as the excess's go, we had better discuss these things regardless if we have been there or not. There is no denying that these things have taken place and they are a blight and a reproach to the name of Jesus Christ. We would be fools not to bring these things into the light.

You are right in using some caution though. From what I can gather and often seems to be the case, this very well may have started off as a true move of the Holy Spirit and veered off into all kinds of wackiness. There are some fair treatments I believe by a few, one being Art Katz that I recall here: [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=3324]Holiness or "Blessing"[/url]
This is not a case of just throwing the baby out with the bath water, just the bath water. Certainly the Lord can and does use all things and I am sure that there is as in your case [i]"i fealt such a love of the Father there for His children and a desire to bring HIS CHILDREN closer to himself."[/i] and others who love the Lord who were touched in this way. But this does not validate everything else.

Quote:
I am not going to sit here and naivley believe that TACF does everything correctly but i am also not going to waist my time pointing out everything that is wrong with people.

This is not about " pointing out everything that is wrong with people" but about rooting out error. It is the mixture that is what spoils. If these things had been dealt with when they first reared their ugly heads who knows what may have become of this. The proof is in the pudding, there is no denying the mockery, the ridiculousness, the outright sickening things that are shown in these clips. These things have been brought to their knowledge and what did they do about it? Perhaps being that you have some association with them you could tell us if things have changed or if they have denounced any of this. I have yet to hear it. In fact I believe that much of this is older material and I actually was a bit surprised to see this come up again, is this still going on? Anybody out there know?

So I hope you do stick around Andrew and get a feel for the site, there is a lot of great messages and great discussions here in this forum. As a whole we are not interested in beating anybody up, well maybe demons and their influence, but to just walk in truth and if need be exposing error. We love all the brethren too much to not point out where they are being mislead.

Would love to hear more of your thoughts.

2004/5/16 13:05Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
could not help but notice your post on the "torronto Blessing" are all negative. I could also not help to notice that it appears that not one of you have been there. It's easy to jusge from a distance isnt it? never really gettign to know the hearts of others, feeling like you have it all together and just knowing that you are right.

Hi brother Andy, God Bless you. I hope you do take time to read through the forums and also listen to alot of the live changing audio messages on this site. I personally live in Toronto and have heard and been around the TACF for awhile. I did even go and visit it once and I shared abit of my experience here in this thread: [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=110&forum=35#416]Intresting Experience this last saturday!![/url]

Brother I have a desire for genuine revival in our day and age and really feel that God needs to break the wine skins of formalized religion and move in a mighty way. But that does not mean a disregard of all church denominations that have been setup and running since the reformation. It's way to easy to make a blanket statement that we are spiritual and have a special blessing and the rest of Christendom is wrong or lacking something. God is working even in the most dire and dry places pouring out water on dry ground.

My experience of TACF is that its not what you could call 'revival' and the fruit of the movement is not something you could outwardly say its from God. The doctrines, teachings, manifestations, that have appeared are very alarming and it doesn't take much discernment that this is not aligned with the word of God and the workings of the Holy Spirit. A big signal to me that its not a Revival is that there is no change in toronto, the movement has not impacted the unbelievers in toronto barely at all! But on the otherhand it has spread its 'blessing' to 1000's of churches and congregations across the world, sculpting and changing the face of Christianity. This is alarming to me, and the level of deception is high that its virtually decieving the very elect of God.

I am not saying that God is not there at all, He has brought people into freedom and also brought people from darkness into light. But I would be very weary of the discipleship and doctrinal practices of churches in this sort of movement. My heart is yearning after Revival where God comes down and permiates the society and there is an conviction and awarness of God! Not after 30 minutes of extravagent worship but without a guitar playing or drums beating God being there in might convicting power when we all stand in Awe of His holiness and power.

------

EDIT: here is a post of mine from another thread responding to the Brownsville revival specifically the whol thread is here: [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1168&forum=36&20]Elijah in a cave[/url]

It is true that I don't believe God is moving in revival power in North America because simply there has been no change to the moral climate of our society. Things are waxing worse and worse, God's people need to pray for God to move in mighty ways and AWAKE the church of Jesus Christ out of SLUMBER. There have been alot of movement that have been called "Revivals" but I am very much not in agreeance with the use of that term to classify these movements. There are new denominations and movements but is God coming down into our midst? I have many paticular problems with some of the movements (Brownsville Revival, Toronto Airport Fellowship, etc.):
-Slain in the Spirit
-Empasis on Recieving
-Cross of Christ not Paramount

Brother I would love to start a discussion thread on those three topics seperatly and discuss hopefully not in carnal words but words with power behind them what I have been shown from God.

To be frankly honest with you brother, I am seeking to be Baptised with the Holy Spirit for service, I want a revelation of the depth of God's love so that I may be filled with the fulness of God. There is a holy-disatisfication within me and a despertness to seek God. But that does not imply that I go out and accept everything and what everyone is saying is what God is doing. I am seeking Him in the closet and each day goes by and God is blessing me and bringing me closer to Him and His purposes for my life.

Its a desperate time brother and this requires desperate actions. The Church needs to seek Him as never before. Extreme situations require extreme measures. God will show Himself strong in those who seek Him with all their heart. Satan is very active in all this and He knows that those who are AWAKE in the Church are trying to fetch strength from God, He is offering many easy roads and substitutes which are not necessarily from Him but ARE not God's best.

The disciples were filled with the Spirit when Jesus breathed on them in the room. But they didn't go out in that revelation and walk in God. THEY NEEDED the fulness of God, an overwhelming enduement of God's power and a lostness in the purposes of God. Church seek this!

2004/5/16 14:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy