SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : "COME OUT OF HER, MY PEOPLE"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
sscr01

Re:

Jesus said, "And these signs SHALL follow them that believe; In my name SHALL they cast out devils; they SHALL speak with new tongues; They SHALL take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it SHALL not hurt them; they SHALL lay hands on the sick, and they SHALL recover." Mk 16:17,18.

Are you a believer?

Do you speak with new tongues, heal the sick, cast out demons?

Is this Scripture taught in your church?

If not, why? It is the Word of God.

2007/8/13 22:09Profile

Re:

Jesus also said sell your possessions and give to the poor... I don't think the American church system is to concerned about what Jesus did or didn't say.

In Him - Jim

2007/8/14 8:32
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re: "COME OUT OF HER, MY PEOPLE"

Reply to all and thanks to you all for your comments
I would go to church in a building if members would confess that our Lord was raised up in three days and is our Heavenly Tabernacle. That my earthly tabernacle is dead and The Risen Glorified Christ the First Son is Lord of all in His Kingdom. Why would I continue to eat the husk in a church made with hands when I can eat the flesh of the Son of God and drink His Spirit in The Tabernacle not made with hands.
I see The Word (Christ Jesus) as living water whether natural man believes it or not. With out the Spirit of Truth it can not be distilled into wine and you can’t drink The Fruit of The Vine with Christ in His Kingdom unless you have a new heart and believe Christ has returned and praise God and ask Him Our Heavenly Father to give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw.
Are you still mourning or do you praise God for His Risen Glorified Son? Do you have Hope?
What is the reason for that hope? Thank you Father for not putting Christ Spirit into our old sinful bodies.

Matthew 9
15. And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bride chamber mourn, as long as the bridegroom is with them? but the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken from them, and then shall they fast.
16. No man putteth a piece of new cloth unto an old garment, for that which is put in to fill it up taketh from the garment, and the rent is made worse.
17. Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

Eddie

2007/8/14 9:31Profile

Re:

sscr01 wrote:
Jesus said, "And these signs SHALL follow them that believe; In my name SHALL they cast out devils; they SHALL speak with new tongues; They SHALL take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it SHALL not hurt them; they SHALL lay hands on the sick, and they SHALL recover."

moe_mac
If we took this verse and everything contained in it literally. Sunday morning the Pastors would have a rattle snack for each member and pass them out. Then he would a deadly poison in the communion cups and pass them out to show God's power. We know this don't happen and if it did would it be scriptural? All healing is divine healing and is from God. When we are absent from the body we are present with the Lord and totally healed. Can he heal us of any desease now in the physical, yes, if it HIS will and for His glory. When one is saved and indwellt with HIS SPIRIT devils will be cast out of them in HIS NAME. If they live a HOLY life and they should, it will effect others around them and more devils will be cast out as they are saved. At a new birth, a person becomes a new creation, they don't say the same things as did in the past. They speak with new tongues. Unknown tongues are also talked about in scripture, also other tongues. New tongues is new tongues. If it where the same as unknown and other tongues, then it would say that in that passage. With God nothing is impossible. We should pray for the sick, but we know that if the scripture being discussed actually meant what many quote, the church would have some 200+ year old people sitting in the pew. Many saved people haved been made whole and have inherited eternal life.

If this is not your interpretation, I not only welcome you too, but take each thing I said and correct me please if you can. God does many miraculous things still today. He is the very substance life and of everything and everyone. Without HIM we are nothing. Would you say salvation was the greatest gift? When he gave the early disciples the power to lay hands people and heal them in HIS NAME. They were hooping and hollowing at the power that was used through them. He said rejoice not about you can do this, but that your soul is saved from hell. Now when I'm sick, I pray. I ask for prayer from other believers. If I'm real sick I going to pray before I calll 911. As I said nothing is impossible with God. I speak with a new tongue also, but do not have a prayer language as you are saying. Not going to pick up a poison snake or drink any poison unless HE tells me to. He hasn't told me that yet.I don't see where he tells us that in HIS WORD, in the whole council of God.

2007/8/14 9:52
sscr01

Re:

Jesus said, that, these signs SHALL follow them that believe - not me.

Jesus bore our sickness and pain on the cross. Isa 53:4,5.

"When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed of devils: and he cast out the spirits with His Word, and healed ALL that were sick: That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses." Matt 8:16,17.

I come from an extended family of six doctors and six nurses, but, Jesus has been my Healer, for, almost, forty years. My children, friends and I have many testimonies. I have healed the sick, cast out demons, and raised one dead man. Not by my might or power, but, by His Spirit.

"Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God." For a classic on divine healing, I suggest, that you read, Christ,The Healer, by F.F. Bosworth.

Unbelief is what keeps God's children from being healed.

I guess, that, I am just simple enough to take Him at His Word.

2007/8/14 17:07Profile

Re:

I agree with everything Jesus said but we must discern what he said. I don't have to read any other book except HIS word to know he is the great physician and all healing is divine. I think some of these man made books may be much of a problem today as they are helpful to understand. I noticed you did not respond to what the scripture said to me as how I gave it. I am simple enough to take him at HIS WORD also but do you believe he meant pass out the snakes and drink poison on Sunday morning? How are you interpreting that part of the passage. Is it one part one way, one way and part another way? Did not want to get so blunt, but if you are going to give a rebuttal brother please stay on the same page and the might we both might get on the same line. Jesus is answer to all things. Just give where you disagree with what I understood and how and why and about the snakes and the poison. Jesus is a our healer, without HIM the white house dotors staff couldn't save you. None of us like to think about death, but you can't be healed any better than being absent from the body and present with the Lord and eternal life with no pain, no desease, no sorrow, no more death. Not saying he don't display HIS glory today in the physical also, but I don't believe you are telling me that as long as someone has enough faith they will be healed on earth forever, like a 200 year old maybe, healty as a horse. And if someone does get a disease and dies and they are saved, one of HIS children, the reason they died was because it becuase of a lack of faith. Is that what you are saying? No response will be ok. I really don't see how you can answer that.

2007/8/14 17:15
sscr01

Re:

Who are you to mock God's Word?

If Jesus delays His coming, we will all die, but, we don't have to die sick.

"Neither repented of their murders, nor of their SORCERIES, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts." Rev 9:21

"And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy SORCERIES were all nations deceived."Rev 18:23

The word, "sorceries," is "Phamakeia," "Pharmakeus," "Pharmakon."

Pharmaceutical drugs are all poisons.

The word, "salvation," is defined as "healing, health and deliverance."

Jesus said, these signs SHALL follow them that BELIEVE..." Mk 16:17,18.

"And they went forth, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the Word with signs following." Mk 16:20.

If they don't follow you, then, you don't believe.

Jesus could not do many works in Nazareth, because, of their unbelief. Heb 3:12 says, that, unbelief comes out of an EVIL heart.

John said, "...he that believeth not God, hath made Him a liar." 1 John 5:10.

Jesus was beaten for our Healing. He died for our salvation - body, soul and spirit. Why don't you believe Him?

2007/8/14 18:34Profile

Re:

Quote:

Corey_H wrote:
I just finished an A.W. Tozer marathon and he mentioned a few interesting points:

1. God is completely self-sufficient and cannot be any more or less fulfilled by any man, groups of men or our sects;

2. When a man or group fail to follow God He can and does move on to others that will;

3. God didn't send Pentacost to bring all believers together, He sent Pentacost after all believers were gathered in one place and were of one accord.

I'm not sure how this applies to this thread, but I think it does.

Indeed it does, Brother. And not only to this thread!

I don't fully know what that means, but the heart cry that these points of Tozer's brought forth was, "May God have mercy on us all!"

In Him

Jeannette

2007/8/14 18:54

Re:

Quote:

sscr01 wrote:
Who are you to mock God's Word?

Brother, this is uncalled for.

Whoever is correct or incorrect in their opinion that's no excuse for such personal attack.

[i][color=003333][font=Verdana]James 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then [u]peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits[/u], without partiality, and without hypocrisy.[/font][/color][/i]

Blessings

Jeannette

2007/8/14 19:04

Re:

sscr01
"And they went forth, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the Word with signs following." Mk 16:20.

If they don't follow you, then, you don't believe.

moe_mac wrote:
You still haven't addressed the first part of the verse and my reply. If God had reason he can save us from anything anytime, he is able. You also you did not address what Jesus told the disciples about celebrating when they were given power to heal. If you want the reference here it is.
Luke 10:19
19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

Now were they later hurt and killed physically for the cause of Christ. Was Jesus lying to them about having them covered or was telling them the truth and was they healed he minute they physically died. They are in HIS hands now. I think of them when it talks of the 24 elders around the throne. 12 of them could be very well be first 12. What better hands to be in than HIS hands. He saved them just as HE promised. Look at all the truth, not just part of it.

And bare in mind this was to the first 12 disciples and they wrote the New Testament. Did Jesus give any of us that gift or authority to add to their writings. Do any of us have the same authority as they had.
You also did not address if that's true why we don't have 200 year olds on the pew. Total healing is to be absent from the body and present with the Lord. When you understand that you will be able to see scripture more clear and death not so negitively. Now I don't know how old Paul was when he was killed, or Peter, or and of the other 12, minus John who appeared to be the only one of the 12 that wasn't killed, but exiled to isle of Patmos and died of natural causes. Now was that lack of faith they had when they were killed. Did they forget to pray. Brother face the truth, the whole truth. Jesus is everything. There is not a maverick molecule in the universe. He has all power, we pray for sick, we have faith that nothing is impossible with God and we leave the rest to HIS wisdom. As I said my health is not good, and if I call the ambulance I will being praying long before I call 9-11. My faith in the Lord is not based on HIM keeping me on this earth forever. It would be great if I can make it until Jesus comes and I get raptured. From the grave or from the feet, it will be the same and just as glorious. We will all get to experience that, one way or another, except those who have not put their total trust In Jesus and HIS shed blood and by HIS Spirit and HIS power and HIS might they have become a new creation in HIM.

edit: one more verse to take into account:
1 Cor 15:19-21
19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
KJV

2007/8/14 19:34

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy