SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Matthew 24 Watch

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

HE_ Reigns:
You know I just thought of something else that needs serious consideration. The Man of Perdition
Judas was also called the son of perdition. Hummmmm!

John Chapter 6 has some very interesting insights into the character of those who betray Christ, why he considers them, those who will betray, and compares to Judas.

In The beginning of John 6, after Jesus feeds all these people, He says, lets leave before they try to make me KING. When they caught up with Him again, he asked, (I’m paraphrasing here) are you following me for me or just for the miracles. He told them what true discipleship was ( to eat my flesh and drink my blood...AKA..."I am Crucified with Christ, no longer I but Christ in me") Their reply was ...this is a hard saying...and left. Jesus asked his disciples, will you betray me ***too***! then continues to tell us about Judas.

Judas represents APOSTATE Israel, those who rejected the savior, but wanted Him to then take His throne and overthrow Caesar, or Rome.

Now, look at APOSTATE Christianity, and compare Judas with this. Many are too rejecting the savior, and the Cross, opting rather for Dominionism, Miracles etc. Judas SOLD Jesus out for MONEY, just as the Church is today. And Dominionism is selling out Jesus Christ, the message of the Gospel, the Cross, The Blood. They will get their KING all right, the KING of Perdition. And this may very well be where anti-Christ arises from.

All these false gospels coming together in one form or fashion.

No we must never compromise the Truth for the sake of unholy alliances.

Love in Christ Jesus
Katy-Did

2007/9/9 20:43

Re:

Correction, it wasn't about the mircles, it was food. I'm glad I re-read John 6.

So as I'm re-reading this I remembered ESAU, who sold his birth-right for a morsel of FOOD. Well, food is not a sin, but instant gratification at any cost is. This is prosperity teaching. Instant, name it claim it me, me, me. now, now , now.

Esau represents the kind of person God hates. God didn't hate Esau, but what Esau represents, earthly man, who only thinks about earthly gratification. The opposite of those who die to self, and can wait for their DOVE award, at the Judgement seat of Christ.

666 is the total sum of man gratifying man with greed, lust and power of the things of this earth. Those who have rejected the Gospel, that they might be saved and translated out of this present evil age into the Kingdom of His Dear Son (for if we have been planted together in the likeness of His death, we shall be also in the likeness of His resurrection.)

And if ye be Christs, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to promise. Gal 3:29

As Isaac was, so are we...obedient unto death.

2007/9/9 23:08

Re:

Good points Katy. Both with Judas and the "fish and bread" followers.
I read the whole Something Horrible thread the other night and the thoughts going through my mind during and after were so many I just had to just get off line after posting a quick one and let it all sink in.
I was feeling what the unprepared or those in denial would feel. Reading for some reason from that angle.
I suppose because I've heard it all already, that I slipped into the other mode because God wanted me to.
To see how it would either anger a person to read that thread or they'd want to just put it out of their minds and go on to the next subject or just get quiet with God for a while and let The Lord speak to them and then through His Word.
I'm happy you and LittleGift and the others are willing to talk about these things.
You wouldn't believe some of the sites I visit in one day. I'll just put two here, but multiply this by at least 10 a day - somedays more.
Some people would ask Why? Well, I go to these for the people asking "What?" instead of why.
I'm not a legalist when I say this, but I truly believe we should buffet our bodies and get them used to fasting for the future.
A person would be surprised what a bondage that food can actually be, when they start to try to fast. We're spoiled as you know. Three meals a day and we don't work as hard as our brothers in slave labor do in China on maybe some rice and Lord knows what.
You mentioned Esau - imagine what he traded for his "Birth-right" ?!
You were right to bring that up and even Judas, as the Lord said, that brothers or family will be turning in and on others and why ?
The thing is, some think most of this stuff is yet to come - I can't express right now how already "there" we are.
The people of this country with the really BIG bucks, are funding Org.s to bring in this one world thing and we're almost all the way there -- but no one who 'should' know does know or wants to know - though they've been told to 'watch'.
We just read our Christian stuff and watch the TV news and life just goes on.
In the meantime, the big money is going to exterminate us. Go ahead, make my day but the New Agers already said that they know we'll "be happier" if they send us to our "other dimension". So they'll be happy and we'll be happy. Everybodies happy, except the ones who should have known it was coming but were to busy trying not to think about it. Makes you want to yell - Hey Wake-Up!
Well, there's a few Christian sites out there that report on these things.
Lighthousetrailsresearch does some and ones like it. But check out these two secular ones I looked at tonight.
http://www.worldparliamentgov.net/

http://www.worldwatch.org/taxonomy/term/115

That's just two milder ones. Others from the big "Think Tanks" and Universities as we sit here arguing over the things we do. Amazing.

I love your last line. I'll make it mine here too.

As Isaac was, so are we...obedient unto death.

God Bless and Thanks, I enjoyed your posts.

2007/9/10 1:08
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

"""As Isaac was, so are we...obedient unto death."""

Is this refering to Christ? He is the only one obedient to death. Even in Him are we also.

Phl 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

In Christ: Phillip

2007/9/10 4:39Profile

Re:

Brother Philip, I do believe that Katy-did meant, "compared" to the others - he remained faithful until he died.

I know that is what I got out of her post and what I also related to -

Rev 2:10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days; [u]be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.[/u]

2007/9/10 9:58

Re:

He_ Reigns,

I looked at these 2 articles you posted. WOW! I didn't know it had gone this far.

I too enjoyed our conversation! I Hope you stay on line here. You have a lot to offer.
LOve in Christ
Katy-Did

2007/9/10 17:58

Re:

Quote:
"""As Isaac was, so are we...obedient unto death."""

You know Phillip, One thing the Lord Showed me that was so totally awesome...and the real gem is in Hebrews 11.

What *exactly* is the author saying is the EVIDENCE of those who have TRUE Faith...obedience unto death. Starting from Abel to those who were sawn asunder, who died without the Promise. They didn't die without the promise of Salvation, but they died without SEEING the Promise that came with the Death and resurrection of Jesus Christ...the Promise of the Holy Spirit indwelt.

Moses chose to suffer the reproach of Christ with the people of God, then to enjoy the treasures of Egypt (the world).

Joseph refused to bow to Pharaoh...at point of death.

Little Isaac, lay on an alter, having complete trust in his father, and no mention of a whimper.

Shadrack, Meshak and Abendigo were thrown into a furnace refusing to bow to King Neb.

OH it goes on and on and on. It’s all there!

Everything they went through was for US!!! And everything we go through is for the NEXT.

I wonder, what are we leaving behind. Everyone is all wrapped up in the series “ Left Behind”, but what about someone writing a series “ What we are leaving behind”.

If perchance we are not alive during the Great Tribulation, do you wonder about the two witnesses ?

They are so hated that the whole world REJOICES and sends presents to one another because they are dead. Why such a hard heart. I think it says no one repented. But only as they rose up from the dead, did anyone Give Glory to God. Not before.

But I’m sure it had a lot to do with being conditioned with Political correctness, and all this peace, love, dove , we’re told to live in some sort of unity with?! Or risk being called “ The troublemakers” the ones who cause dissention, ect, ect. People will be so conditioned to say nothing by the time they get here, they will be the ones called the troublemakers and rabble rousers…who cause discord in the Church, or the World, ALL THE WHILE , being sent by God, at one final attempt to bring souls to repentance. YET look at the hardness of their hearts. You can see it already working in this manner right now.

Yet, even so, God is still saying WHOSOEVER WILL!

Those who don’t believe in Whosoever Will have NO CLUE, no clue at all. It's teh ones who do who are willing to lay down their own lives to spread teh Good News. Just ask those in other Countries tonight, how many were killed for having a Bible, and sharing the Gospel at the risk of their own death.

More then we know. They put us to shame shame shame!

Love In Christ
Katy-did

2007/9/10 18:31

Re:

Katy - All I can say is AMEN sister - Preach it!
In Love of course. :-D

2007/9/10 23:57
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

I thought that is what you were saying. Isaac's death was not our salvation, but it was a picture of Christ's death for us, and leads us into the Cross, our death with Him, leads us into His resurrection, and leads us into His Life, that Isaac blessed Jacob with, It truly is The Faith of Christ that we live by and as He is so are we in this world. In blessing Jacob instead of the first born, Jacob became the seed barer of Christ through the line unto Mary. Hebrews 11:39-40 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect. Amen.

Love in Christ: Phillip

2007/9/11 5:04Profile

Re:

Phillip,

We're talking about the WALK of a Christian. You quoted Philippians 2, but you failed to begin at the beginning of Chapter two. Actually it would be good to start at the very beginning of Philippians to get what Paul is talking about. The Book of Philippians is not a book on how to get saved.

The Book of Philippians is a continuation of the MYSTERY Paul built upon, and is continuing to unfold, and that is our WALK.

Notice in the Beginning of Chapter 2, or just prior to the verse you quoted about Jesus becoming obedient unto death......do you see the words

"Keeping this mind in you that was also in Christ Jesus".....

You know, the Author of Hebrews states their walk and obedience unto death was SOOOOOOOOOOO much more difficult because they weren't indwelt yet with the Holy Spirit...saying the world is not even worthy of them.

They looked forward to the Cross (the true Circumcision, and YES even in the OT, it was the Heart, the ears).

Even John the Baptist knew who Jesus was...Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the World.

John said , He who comes after me is preferred before me, signifying redeemer before Kingdom. His ministry of the Kingdom restored to Israel, that was lost and scattered after Solomon.

Now these true believers in the Lamb of God, came upon great opposition of the Pharisees, those without faith, who lived strictly by the LAW. Now, the LAW was good, but the LAW could never save, and was never meant to save, and they should have known that.

Even Job said, I know that my redeemer liveth, and I shall see him in the last day.
Job also said, tho He slay me...yet will I trust in HIM.

Job was a believer, and that is why he was considered righteous and just in God's eyes. Satan didn't want to sift him because he was just a good man, one who didn't even keep law, as no mention of a Sabbath rest etc are mentioned. But he did keep the law of sacrifice, going all the way back to Adam & Eve. He knew the Promise of The Redeemer.

If you look beneath the surface, you will see the cost of being tested (our faith) of those who do. You think that only came when Jesus Died and Rose again?

But then again, anyone who doesn’t believe in free will, or Whosoever will, will not see these scriptures in the light of that truth. For if one thinks themselves to be a robot with out a will or choices, why would God have to test them to begin with? He tests us as well, so we, through that testing, can prove God’s faithfulness. As we grow strong, in the Grace and Knowledge of Jesus Christ, strengthened, established and settled ( AFTER we have suffered awhile) we are called into this world, knowing no matter what we face, we have been strengthened to endure.

The problem with so many Christian leaders falling is, they ran ahead, right out of the shoot, probably handed a Sunday school quarterly and asked to teach a Sunday school class, also given one of those man made humanism tests that tell you what your spiritual Gift is and before you know it we have here in, another baby Christian calling himself a prophet of God………....later is exalted, all men worship, …..comes crashing down, Satan laughs ( as he was appealing to his vanity to begin with) and all are laughing at Christians.

Remember Paul sat 14 years behind a Mountain, and another 8 making tents and who knows what tests he went through at that time to prepare him to WHAT? Go around and say….Me, Me, I can’t believe God picked ME. NO, Rather He took that calling and saw the AMAGING Grace that God would save whom he felt himself the Chief of Sinners, and set him on fire to preach to OTHER SINNERS about this Amazing Jesus Christ who died for the SIN of the whole world. In DOING SO, along with PETER, they both were killed for preaching the Gospel….which was politically incorrect not only with Rome but with the Pharisee’s!

Well, time for work,

Love in Christ
Katy-Did

2007/9/11 6:23

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy