See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer for decision

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Prayer for decision

I need some prayer/advice for a decision.

For the last 2 years I have worked at a local high school as the "lab manager." This is something like a computer help desk position. I work just a few weeks more than students go to school, so I get lots of time off. I don't make much but the time off is great. I am suppose to have my contract back to them by Aug 1st.

A few days ago I received a call asking me if I would be interested in a job as an IT manager for an auto group. This position sounds like a great position. I believe my workplace would be closer to my home. They thought my resume looks like someone that they are interested in. I also will be making over double the amount that I am now. For me to be hired, I have to have a phone interview with the local dealership and a phone interview with the "tech base" in New Jersey. Then if that goes well they want to fly my into NJ and have a face to face interview.

My dilemma is that if I pursue the IT manager position, I will have to notify the high school I will not be returning. That's fine if I actually get the IT manager position. If I don't then I will be jobless and have to find anything I can ASAP whether it is in the field I've studied or not.

I would appreciate any prayers or advice.

Thanks!

Josh

2007/7/26 13:18Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re: Prayer for decision

I will be in prayer for you brother.

2007/7/26 13:25Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

will keep you in prayer.

2007/7/26 13:30Profile

Is the person you will be dealing with directly at the new job a christian? Not just talk the talk but walk the walk.

Is the person you deal with at the present job that type christian?

But also if there a possiblity maybe the new one isn't a Christian and maybe God plans to use you to witness to him and the other people and customers at the new job. Not a vision or advice: Just thinking outloud.

Of course we know the saying :which to my knowledge is not Biblical.
a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

And then there is: Go to the land that I tell you and you have not been that way before.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding. But in all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your path.

My prayers is the Lord will give you peace in your decision and you will know for certain what he has spoken and what directions HE has given you.
The fact that you ask for prayers tells me much about your relationship with HIM.

As God brings it to my mind I will pray for HIS direction in your decision.

God Bless

2007/7/26 15:03
FreebyWord

Father we pray Your will be done in this. We ask You to make it clear by Your Spirit what Josh should do.

2007/7/26 16:24Profile

Re:

Praying for you, brother. May the Lord bless you with wisdom and clear direction for what He wants you to do.

~Joy

2007/7/26 16:26
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Praying! Please keep us updated!

:-)

2007/7/26 17:47Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:

ccchhhrrriiisss wrote:

Well, after some consideration and prayer, I've decided to pursue the IT manager position.

I've talked to several different people and every one of them have given me the same advice.

Pro 11:14 Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counselors there is safety.

I'm confident it will work out for the good. I believe He is preparing me for something. Even if that something ends up teaching me how to cook hamburgers at a fast food place. :)

Thank you for everyone who prayed. I will post more information as it comes.

2007/7/30 12:28Profile

Re:

Quote:

PreachParsly wrote:
Quote:

ccchhhrrriiisss wrote:

Well, after some consideration and prayer, I've decided to pursue the IT manager position.

I've talked to several different people and every one of them have given me the same advice.

Pro 11:14 Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counselors there is safety.

I'm confident it will work out for the good. I believe He is preparing me for something. Even if that something ends up teaching me how to cook hamburgers at a fast food place. :)

Thank you for everyone who prayed. I will post more information as it comes.

Just read this. It's wonderful to know that the Lord can keep us straight in such decisions. As we walk on with Him we don't always get clear "guidance" in the sense of a definite "Word"; but often its a case of just walking in the path that seems to be opening up and trusting the Lord.

Bless you as you walk with Him in this new venture! Even if you do end up cooking hamburgers after all!

Jeannette

2007/7/30 18:58
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
For me to be hired, I have to have a phone interview with the local dealership and a phone interview with the "tech base" in New Jersey. Then if that goes well they want to fly my into NJ and have a face to face interview.

I misunderstood the interview process. Actually the man will be flying out to meet me, rather than I flying out to meet him.

2007/7/31 11:33Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy