SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Did Christ's death pay the exact penalty you deserved?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
jarona

The Earth

Re: Did Christ's death pay the exact penalty you deserved?

what I deserve is eternal seperation from God in hell and that will never change. God didn't die just to cover my sins with His blood, He died to save me from the just wrath, judgment, condemnation, and punishment I deserve for my wickedness and rebellion.

2007/7/25 1:06Profile

Re:

Christ is our passover Lamb, so that the wrath of God can passover us if we are covered by the blood.

And of coarse the blood only covers sins that we turn away from, and stay away from, Heb 10:26-31

2007/7/25 1:40
Logic

Re:

Some might figure that Christ would need to have suffered in the amount to which was due for each and every person to satisfy justice.
This is to suppose that he needs to suffer an eternal punishment multiplied in intensity, and/or duration, by the whole number of the the human race.

Quote:
Lazarus1719 wrote:
The penalty that we deserved was not to die once on a Roman cross, but it was eternal hell fire.

However, the penalty of sin is [b]spiritual death[/b], the penalty of sin is not "to suffer an eternal hell fire punishment".

Jesus died physically & spiritually on the cross. Therefore, He paid the full penalty of sin.
Jesus died spiritually when He cried, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? Which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
He was separated from God which is spiritual death.
Jesus died physically when He cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost. Mat 27:50, Luk 23:46, John 19:30.

The only reason That the damned suffer an eternal punishment is because they die without Eternal Life. If Eternal Life after death is in the presence with God, then to die without Eternal Life is eternal punishment. If one does not stay in the presence of Christ, there is no other place to be but in outer darkness where there is nashing of teeth.

2007/7/28 16:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy