SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : When did you repent?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Mark 6:12 And they went out, and preached that [b]men should[/b] repent.

I belive God gives us the ability to repent, he gives us the free choice to either repent and be saved , or not and die in our sins.

Deu 11:26 Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse;
Deu 11:27 A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the LORD your God, which I command you this day:
Deu 11:28 And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the LORD your God, but turn aside out of the way which I command you this day, to go after other gods, which ye have not known.

isent the people "choosing" to serve other Gods? to walk another way? God wants all people to be saved, we may all choose to come to HIM who can save us.

2007/7/23 3:23Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Quote:
isent the people "choosing" to serve other Gods? to walk another way? God wants all people to be saved, we may all choose to come to HIM who can save us.

That's why we preach the Gospel to every one, that they might choose, their ways or God's ways.

Jos 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, [b]choose you this day whom ye will serve;[/b] whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

The salvation is for everyone.

1Ti 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
1Ti 2:4 [b]Who will have all men to be saved,[/b] and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

2007/7/23 3:43Profile

Re:

Quote:
The salvation is for everyone.

AMEN! God genuinely offers it to all men!

Revelation 22:17: And the Spirit and the bride say, [b]Come[/b]. And let him that heareth say, [b]Come[/b]. And let him that is athirst c[b]ome[/b]. And [b]whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. [/b]

John 7:37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, [b]If [u]any man[/u] thirst, let him [u]come[/u] unto me, and drink.[/b]

Quote:
I belive God gives us the ability to repent, he gives us the free choice to either repent and be saved , or not and die in our sins.

You hit the nail right on the head! I couldn't have said it better myself!

God gives all of us the ability, but the choice is our own. God wants everyone to repent and be saved, but it must be a voluntary choice:

Isaiah 30:15-16 - For thus said the Lord Jehovah, the Holy One of Israel, [b]In repenting and rest shall ye be saved[/b]; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength. And [b]ye would not[/b]: [b]but ye said, No[/b]

Acts 17:30 - And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth [b]all men every where to repent[/b]:

2Pe 3:9 - The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, [b]not willing that any should perish[/b], but that [b]all should come to repentance[/b].

De 30:19 - I call heaven and earth to witness against you this day, that I have set before thee life and death, the blessing and the curse: therefore [b]choose [/b]life, that thou mayest live, thou and thy seed;

Jos 24:15 - And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose [b]for yourselves [/b]this day whom you will serve,

Mt 23:37 - O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often [b]would I[/b] have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and [b]ye would not[/b]!

Lu 7:30 - But the Pharisees and lawyers [b]rejected the will of God for themselves[/b], not having been baptized by him.

Lu 13:34 - O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often [b]would I[/b] have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and [b]ye would not[/b]!

John 5:40 - But you are [b]not willing [/b]to come to Me that you may have life.

Ac 7:51 - You stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always[b] resist the Holy Spirit[/b]; as your fathers did, so do you.

Revelation 2:21 - And I gave her time that she should repent; and she [b]willeth not to repent[/b].

God's Holy Will is not for any man to live in sin, die in sin, and go to hell for sin. God's Holy Will is that all men give up their sinning, trust in Jesus, and spend eternity with Him - a loving God.

Quote:
God wants all people to be saved, we may all choose to come to HIM who can save us.

The truth is BEAUTIFUL!! AMEN!

2007/7/23 3:43
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

my own testimony is that i was utterly tired and despised my way of life, i would rather have died then continued to live like that, and also in a phone conversation i was told about Jesus and who he was and what he did on the cross and what i had to do to be saved. And i [b]choose[/b] to belive right then and there. And before i came home i was born again and recived a new heart.

And im so think God is wonderful that he wishes the same thing he did for me to ALL men!

Glory to God

2007/7/23 3:50Profile

Re:

Quote:
And i choose to belive right then and there. And before i came home i was born again and recived a new heart.

And im so think God is wonderful that he wishes the same thing he did for me to ALL men!

Amen! We either [b]choose[/b] light or [b]choose[/b] darkness. But God wants everyone to choose light, to come to a knowledge of the truth. God does not want anyone to live in sin, die in sin, and be condemned in sin.

What God did for you and me He wants to do for all. God wants the entire world to be saved, but they must choose to repent and believe the gospel.

The bible is [b][i]AGAINST[/b][/i] the [u][b]Doctrine of Partiality:[/b][/u]

Ac 10:34 - Then Peter opened his mouth and said: "In truth I perceive that [b]God shows no partiality.[/b]

Ro 2:11 - For there is [b]no partiality with God.[/b]

Eph 6:9 - And you, masters, do the same things to them, giving up threatening, knowing that your own Master also is in heaven, and [b]there is no partiality with Him. [/b]

Col 3:25 - But he who does wrong will be repaid for what he has done, and [b]there is no partiality. [/b]

1Pe 1:17 - And if you call on the Father, [b]who without partiality judges according to each one's work[/b], conduct yourselves throughout the time of your stay here in fear;

2007/7/23 4:06
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Very interesting what the Strongs says about this word which here is translated as [b]partiality[/b] and KJV as [b]respect of persons,[/b] it says:

pros-o-pol-ape-see'-ah
From G4381; partiality, that is, [b]favoritism[/b]: - respect of persons.

Webster:

Favoritism
FA'VORITISM, n.

1. The act or practice of favoring, or [b]giving a preference to one over another.[/b]

2. The disposition to favor, aid and promote the interest of a favorite, or of one person or family, [b]or of one class of men, to the neglect of others having equal claims.[/b]

2007/7/23 4:18Profile

Re:

Because the doctrine of partiality is terrible and unscriptural, and the truth is that God wants all men to repent and be saved, God then cannot be blamed for the impenitence of the world, but it must be credited to man's own freewill, since our just and gracious God gives man ability to a company what He commands of them.

Impenitence is man's own willfull obstinance, a refusal to do what God requires him to do, what God gives him the ability to do; so impenitence is the fault of man's freewill and not the fault of God's Sovereignty, since God is not partial but wants all to repent and be saved.

God's Holy Sovereign Will cannot will that the majority of the world live in sin and die in sin. All sin is rebellion against the Will of God. Sinners live in sin and die in sin contrary to God's Holy Will.

So we can grieve with God over the sin and impenitence of the world.

Genesis 6:5-6

"And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart."

And we can long for man's repentance, just as God longs for man's repentance:

Eze 18:32 - For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.

Eze 33:11 - Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn yourselves, turn yourselves from your evil ways; for why will ye die?

2007/7/23 4:25
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

Lazarus1719 wrote:
Because the doctrine of partiality is terrible and unscriptural, and the truth is that God wants all men to repent and be saved, God then cannot be blamed for the impenitence of the world, but it must be credited to man's own freewill, since our just and gracious God gives man ability to a company what He commands of them.

Impenitence is man's own willfull obstinance, a refusal to do what God requires him to do, what God gives him the ability to do; so impenitence is the fault of man's freewill and not the fault of God's Sovereignty, since God is not partial but wants all to repent and be saved.

God's Holy Sovereign Will cannot will that the majority of the world live in sin and die in sin. All sin is rebellion against the Will of God. Sinners live in sin and die in sin contrary to God's Holy Will.

So we can grieve with God over the sin and impenitence of the world.

Genesis 6:5-6

"And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart."

And we can long for man's repentance, just as God longs for man's repentance:

Eze 18:32 - For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.

Eze 33:11 - Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn yourselves, turn yourselves from your evil ways; for why will ye die?

fribergs lexicon

proswpolhmpte,w (or proswpolhpte,w) show partiality or favoritism, treat one person better than another

James 2:9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.

and what i find strange about this doctrine, that God says it is sin for me to show partiality, how then can he do it him self? isent that what hypocrites do? tell others do do things they them self dont. Is the almighty God like that?

John 1:7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that [b]all[/b] men through him might believe.

Titus 2:11 ¶ For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to [b]all[/b] men,

2007/7/23 5:08Profile

Re:

When did I repent?

Everyday...

Krispy

2007/7/23 8:15
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: When did you repent?

Now here is a calvanist that could preach ! [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=6524&forum=34]Compel them to come in[/url] by Spurgeon. We need more preachers who preach like this.

2007/7/23 11:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy