SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : God hate sinners as well as sin?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
He cannot have fellowship with that which is evil because it would go aganist His very character. You mind is limited/finite so don't limit God to what he can or can not do (as long as it doesn't contridict His revealed character). Otherwise you are committing idolatry

This is something the Pharisees said to Jesus, in effect. They could not believe He was a friend of publicans and sinners. They could not believe He would converse with a prostitute or darken the door of the home of a publican. Our God is too holy to condescend to men such as this?! Nay, this is how holiness runs counter to the Gospel and Christ. This is the attitude that kept Christ appearing to be sunful and the pharisees holy. They tried to come-off holier than God and this is the approach they took.

2007/7/20 15:00Profile

Re:

GrannieAnnie,

I am not proposing hate from God I would like to discuss a controversial topic. We are commanded to 'grow in the knowledge of God' and this is a part of it. I know God is love and I'm sure that is an easier topic to talk about but this is important to understand too. By ignoring this and only focusing on the God of Love is idolatry. Making a God that suits yourself. The God of the bible swears by to equal things: His holiness & surprise His wrath. God is gentle and loving yet a consuming fire.

2007/7/20 15:01
FireinmyBones1

Michigan

Re:

PM,
Loving children and hating abortion does not have anything to do with the question, "Does God hate sinners?". Certainly we are to HATE wickedness and LOVE righteousness(PS 45:7, Heb 1:9) and ABHOR what is evil and CLEAVE to what is good(ROM 12:9). I think we would all agree on that point and that is not what the discussion is about.
What you are (in effect) saying is that you "love babies therefore you must also hate babies." That, my friend, is a contradiction and does not make any sense. The Paul Washer quote concerning abortion actually would fit better into my school of thought. God loves people and therefore hates anything that would seek to destroy them.
Brother, let me ask you the fruit you are seeing by preaching this message. Jesus said that you would know a true or false prophet by the fruit produced from their message. Are you seeing the lost, broken and hurting coming to Jesus regularly because of this message? I know the typical response would be something aking to, "I'm receiving persecution just like Jesus did! The true gospel is never popular! AARGH!" I won't even digress to address such a hideous hypothetical response. My question is, is this the message that Jesus preached to the sinner? Study to show yourself approved.
Jeff

2007/7/20 15:02Profile

Re:

God hates whatever destroys what HE loves.

He loves All of His Creation and hates whatever destoys it.

LOVE is the cause of Creation.

It was Love that initiated Him to Create in the first place.

LOVE IS FIRST and then that LOVE is "for His Glory" because HE 'is' Love.

If you put that all is for "His Glory" but leave out that it is all For His Love first .... you've left off Who He is and What He is and the only thing that "brings Him Glory" is His Love because He 'is' Love.

You cannot have "His Glory" without LOVE.

The whole of creation is the demonstration and actual "spiritual warfare" between God and Satan on this Love & hate issue.

THAT'S why this thread is so important.
:-(

2007/7/20 15:06
FireinmyBones1

Michigan

Re:

PM,
You do bring up a good point there. Romans 11:22 does encourage us to consider the KINDNESS and the STERNNESS of God. Therefor to grow in the knowledge of God would be to grow in a revelation of both of these traits. I suppose one would have a tendency to lean towards one opposed to the other depending on which "school of thought" they have been most familiar with. For me I was raised more in a "fear God, repent or die" school of thought. That was my foundation. Therefore when I discovered the love of God it was Oh so refreshing! It did not negate what I had learned previously. In fact it was that foundation that allowed me to enjoy His love with boundaries.
I suppose if you came from a camp that over emphasized His love you would be naturally disposed to want to bring balance by emphasizing with sternnes. I see where your coming from.
It is important though to keep a good balance of both. We are encouraged by Rom 11:22 to give both his love and wrath equal and balanced consideration.
Jeff

2007/7/20 15:08Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

What is Matthew Henry saying here?

“The workers of iniquity are very foolish. Sin is folly, and sinners are the greatest of all fools; not fools of God's making (those are to be pitied), for he hates nothing that he has made, but fools of their own making, and those he hates. Wicked people hate God; justly therefore are they hated of him, and it will be their endless misery and ruin.”

2007/7/20 15:11Profile

Re:

The LORD gave instructions on how men are to be Good Fathers.

GOD is 100% like that but then some.

He treats all no different than that.

He NEVER contradicts HIS OWN WORD.

Jesus 'is' The Word.

Love Incarnate. That is what they crucified and still do.

2007/7/20 15:11

Re:

The Lord Jesus Christ is coming back in flaming fire with His mighty angels to take vengance on all those who know not God and who obey not His Gospel. As an honest question, how does the "love" crowd answer to that (which BTW I am of the "thrice Holy" crowd so dont peg me as a "hater").

in Christ - Jim

2007/7/20 15:14
FireinmyBones1

Michigan

Re:

TJ,
Matthew Henry's commentary is very good and articulate, it is, however, just a commentary. You must study the WORD and let the WORD intrepret itself. I find that to be an attempt at explaining away what would seem to be a contradiction. The "a fool of their own making..." thing is to me, grasping at straws.
God Bless!
Jeff

2007/7/20 15:16Profile

Re:

You quoted Thess .... "who love not GOD".

GOD cannot have anything but Love in His Kingdom.

Those "who love not" cannot stand before LOVE INCARNATED.

2007/7/20 15:16

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy