SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Does Music Matter?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Guess I dont know what "brown rice" means...?

Krispy

2007/8/20 12:09
freedbyjc

Jacksonville. Florida

Re:

SMALL WORLD!:knockedout:

Barbershop [SPEBSQSA]fellow 1977-1979 Big Orange JAX- I remember it well. Loved the tight harmonies- hated the fellowship [sing then drink] Hmmm - Once we learned the music, We always made the show of it even back then and we were graded on our showmanship...one of the reasons I love Southern Gospel quartets today.

Quote:
I get particularly annoyed when mis-reprentation is done in a subjective way, i.e., to protect some affinity that that one [b]knows[/b] is an affinity.

Orm, were you speaking to me? :-?

If it was and you can objectively show me where my knowledge is lacking, please enlighten me.

I can only relate the previous attitudinal bent of the comments previously posted to my initial observations and interpretations. I was making observations and expressing my thoughts ... do you want to discuss music in worship or just rant?

The former I'd enjoy ...the latter I'll leave you to do on your own...

2007/8/20 13:34Profile
freedbyjc

Jacksonville. Florida

Re:

Quote:
To the contrary, I see this as being all about YOU and YOU wanting your own way or brand of worship practiced at others expense and regardless of whether it HINDERS others in entering the presence of God. ...hence your inappropriate terminology -personal worship. I’m sure if it doesn’t work, you will play louder.

Assumption on your part... again, Concentrate on the topic ORM- the question is not the temp or style but music... and in this we agree louder is not better.
Quote:
Non-sense and a testimony to your ignorance and what YOU believe worship to be about.

Enlighten me ORM what is it that we seek when we worship if not a deeper relationship with our Almighty God?

Quote:
OH, So you are going to set me straight as to what God seeks? I know what He seeks. Problem is you can’t discern the attitude of what is offered up as worship, can you? The rest of your remarks is just so much false piety. Spare me.

Again, assumptions on your part...I know my attitude of worship and I know taht of others when they tell me of their worship. I can see the faces, the hands and the outward offering but the heart is for HIM to determine. I also know He seeks you and your personal worship...are you worshipping HIM? You sound as though you have idolized that particiular brand of worshipping Him

Quote:
Are you the world’s authority on who is and who isn’t? If you want to question, question your own experience. I might even venture a guess, based on your poor remarks, that you have never been in worship service where the high praises of God were realized by worshippers. I have. I have seen Heaven come down. I have seen it go on for hours and the sermon get preached. Care to be the judge of that?

[b]How[/b] can you question my experience? How can you judge its sweetness? By what stardard of measurement? Only by your personal worship experience... so if mine does not display all of the exact same manifestations and outward signs as yours, it is false and inferior? By who's standards? Yours or Gods? Know whose opinion I seek on that matter dear one...

Quote:
I have been in this longer than you have been alive. I know worship when I hear and see it. I will be in it when it is. I doubt you have had that privilege given that hipe and emotion is your gage.

And your age makes you the expert? You know YOUR worship when you see and hear it.

Quote:
I doubt you have had that privilege given that hipe [hype?] and emotion is your gage [age?].

So I am not ripe enough? I may not have the years that you have had dear one...but I know for sure that in my years as a believer I have not experienced the same year over and over and over and over again.

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. 1 Timothy 4:12

Come on ORM feed me some of the meat of the issue...I'm getting weary with your brand of milk. Read my signature ORM...its not just a catchy slogan. I live the life daily...knowing that each day could be my last but welcoming the dawn as a gift from HIM and another opportunity to live for HIM.

2007/8/20 14:10Profile
theopenlife

Re:

To Krispus Kritterus (in the Latin)...

Sorry it took a while to respond! The music on [url=http://abe.theopenlife.com]abe.theopenlife.com [/url] is not my own, but is Abraham Juliot, who is a member on this forum. He played a major role in my coming to Christ. We were roommates at bible college. It's encouraging to listen to his music since I've seen him live it out first-hand. I've never personally known a more faithful witness, shortcomings considered. Read the lyrics!

I also recommend Erin Alderson's music. VERY different. She is also one of my best friends. I recorded and produced her Hymns for Him album, but haven't contributed much musically. Her music is at [url=http://era.theopenlife.com]era.theopenlife.com[/url]

May God continue to bless those who listen to it!

2007/8/20 16:23Profile

Re:

http://206.180.232.42/clips/ram/JesusJesusRestYourHead.ram

2007/8/21 8:34
freedbyjc

Jacksonville. Florida

Re:

WOW, awesome clip; the close, so sweet harmony and the simplicity of the movements ...

ORM is one of these you? What's the name of the group? What part do you sing? We tried to get a barbershop group together at my church but could not find any true tenors.

Thanks again for the clip.

2007/8/21 9:40Profile

Re:

Quote:

freedbyjc wrote:
WOW, awesome clip; the close, so sweet harmony and the simplicity of the movements ...

ORM is one of these you? What's the name of the group? What part do you sing? We tried to get a barbershop group together at my church but could not find any true tenors.

Thanks again for the clip.

Glad you liked it. Now stop fussin' with me and I'll let you in on it.... :-D

2007/8/21 11:42
freedbyjc

Jacksonville. Florida

Re:

Speak, oh venerable one...a student awaits the wisdom of his elder...

2007/8/22 7:58Profile

Re:

...speak, Jedi master...

Krispy

2007/8/22 8:23

Re:

Quote:

freedbyjc wrote:
Speak, oh venerable one...a student awaits the wisdom of his elder...

LOL! That's better.... :-D

And it is not venerable that I think I am, but vulnerable. But I don't mind that if it produces in that suspicious one that which will cause him to think beyond the well established pseudo-center of man instead of the real center of God.

Go here:

http://www.singers.com/barbershop/goodnews.html

Jerry Fairchild was my mentor when he was with the champ 1964 quartet, "Sidewinders". I had him down pat in those years living California and being in their company many times.
There hasn't been a quartet superior nor equal to the Sidewinders in blend and "ringing" overtones.

I have just purchased the 3 CD's offered on the website and hope to be receiving them by weeks end. Take note that they don't, as I put it, 'catterwaller' as so many southern gospel quatets do.

Enjoy!

2007/8/22 8:34

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy