SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Coming as an Angel of Light

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
pastorfrin

Coming as an Angel of Light

2 Cor. 11:14
And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

“He made free use of Christian vocabulary. He talked about the blessing of the Almighty and the Christian confessions, which would become the pillars of the new government. He assumed the earnestness of a man weighed down by historic responsibility. He handed out pious stories to the press, especially to the church papers. He showed his tattered Bible and declared that he drew the strength for his great work from it as scores of pious people welcomed him as a man sent from God. Indeed, Adolf Hitler was a master of outward religiosity--with no inward reality! ? Today in the Word, June 3, 1989.”

Matthew 24:24
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

2 Thes. 2:3
Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Satan knows the Word of God and uses small non-truths to lead away from Christ, just as he did in the Garden.
Will you be able to discern, or will you follow the crowd? Most will be deceived and only those who are watching in the Spirit of Christ will know and discern.
Now is the time to know the Lord Jesus Christ and to hide His Word in your heart. The night is fast approaching, do not be deceived by the claims of a rising star, there will be no excuses, we all have been warned.

Matthew 24:24-25
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. [25] Behold, I have told you before.

1 Peter 4:7
But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.

In His Love
pastorfrin

2007/7/7 13:01Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Coming as an Angel of Light

Pastorfin ...

You are expressing my own thoughts here ...

Quote:
But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.

Amen.

2007/7/7 13:13Profile
pastorfrin

Re:

Brother crsschk,

This has been on my heart for some time now,
all morning I have debated rather to post it or not.
I post it and then there is your post on The Old Paths and brother what you have to say is so much of what is on my heart. The Lord is trying
to warn all to get ready, as tinluke's son said,
"a storm is coming" oh that we would all hear what the Lord is trying to tell us.
Thank You Brother, and Lord Bless all of you who are working so hard here on SI to get the Word out.

In His Love
pastorfrin

2007/7/7 13:29Profile
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

dear pastorfrin,

thank you for being obedient in your posting.

i am not very old and so i have only heard of how horrible hitler was, but i never heard of how he was before running germany. i could never understand how so many people were deceived, but i can totally see that from your posting.

we need to be vigilant and sober, more now than ever before..

thanks.

2007/7/7 14:11Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Prepared

Quote:
The Lord is trying
to warn all to get ready, as tinluke's son said,
"a storm is coming" oh that we would all hear what the Lord is trying to tell us.

The charge and chill that went through my body hearing you repeat this ... That had rested profoundly in my spirit when I read it yesterday, I will take an admonishen from a ten year old in second over ten thousand nefarious prophets of this hour. It is more than that, much more, his own lack of clarifying comment; "I don't know" lending a great deal of spiritual weight and authenticity. The hair on my arms is still standing.

2007/7/7 14:27Profile

“He made free use of Christian vocabulary. He talked about the blessing of the Almighty and the Christian confessions, which would become the pillars of the new government. He assumed the earnestness of a man weighed down by historic responsibility. He handed out pious stories to the press, especially to the church papers. He showed his tattered Bible and declared that he drew the strength for his great work from it as scores of pious people welcomed him as a man sent from God. Indeed, Adolf Hitler was a master of outward religiosity--with no inward reality! ? Today in the Word, June 3, 1989.”

Thank you again brothers.

2007/7/7 14:32
pastorfrin

Quote:

pastorfrin wrote:

Matthew 24:24
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

2 Thes. 2:3
Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Satan knows the Word of God and uses small non-truths to lead away from Christ, just as he did in the Garden.
Will you be able to discern, or will you follow the crowd? Most will be deceived and only those who are watching in the Spirit of Christ will know and discern.
Now is the time to know the Lord Jesus Christ and to hide His Word in your heart. The night is fast approaching, do not be deceived by the claims of a rising star, there will be no excuses, we all have been warned.

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. [25] Behold, I have told you before.

In His Love
pastorfrin

Felt led to re-post this as in seems to be more and more evident what is coming. Watch Church,
Watch!

2007/9/2 21:49Profile

Re:

Quote:

pastorfrin wrote:
Quote:

pastorfrin wrote:

In His Love
pastorfrin

Felt led to re-post this as in seems to be more and more evident what is coming. Watch Church,
Watch!

moe wrote: "if it were possible"
I thank God that it is not possible. The antichrist in a sense uses half truths, but mostly they are lies.
John 8:44
When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
KJV
Jesus is, the way, the truth, and the life.

What the devil says is "did God really say"
Jesus left us HIS TESTAMENT AND GAVE HIS NEW COVENANT and give us HIS Spirit. He wrote HIS laws in our hearts, if we have made HIM LORD of our life, He gave us both to guide us into all truth. So we are without excuse.
Rom 1:20-22

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
KJV

God did not us a Spirit of fear!!
2 Tim 1:7-10
7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;
9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ,
KJV
He gave us love and often when a person is given truth and it is not accepted, they don't consider it love. As the thread I started on how the devil uses his captives to attempt to always kill or silenced God's true messengers in any fashion.

The devil wants to promote fear and Jesus said fear not. The devil gives no hope in his message, God's messenger always give truth with hope through Christ.

Acts 27:23-24
23 For there stood by me this night the angel of God, whose I am, and whom I serve,
24 Saying,[i] Fear not, Paul; thou must be brought before Caesar: and, lo, God hath given thee all them that sail with thee.[/i]
KJV

Jesus himself told us fear not.
John 14:1-4
14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
KJV

Luke 12:32-34
32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.
33 Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.
34 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
KJV

Where is the world putting their treasure and what is their treasure?

Rev 1:17-18
17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
KJV

If we have received HIM as Lord and savior and have HIS SPIRIT within our mortal bodies, we have nothing to fear, if not, we have everything to fear from the wrath that will be upon those who rejected HIS SON.

We can thank HIM in 1st John he wrote to us the whole book and at the end He told us that the book was given that we might know.

1 John 5:13-15
[i]13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life,[/i] and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.
KJV

We need that bulldog confidence in God's protection just as Shadrack, Meshack and Abendego had, you can throw me into that firey furnace O king, but we will not bow down to your gods, OUR God will save us even if He don't we still won't bow down.

You all know the story there was a fourth man in the fire. Thank You Jesus.

I have many faults, but it is not buy my power, or by my might, but by it by my Spirit, saith the Lord.

If anyone is a child of God rejoice, if not, why not.

Mark 8:36-38
36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
37 Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.
KJV

2007/9/3 0:50
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

I thought it was interesting how the ESV says 1 Pe. 4:7

"The end of all things is at hand; therefore be self-controlled and sober-minded for the sake of your prayers."

2007/9/3 10:28Profile
pastorfrin

Re:

THE FOLLY OF BEING UNPREPARED
"While they went to buy, the Bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with Him to the marriage: and the door was shut." -- Mat_25:10.

THE FOOLISH virgins made five great mistakes.
(1)They made no provision for the continuance of their light. It is not enough merely to have the lamp; it must be lit and maintained, because there is something for the fire to feed on. How many there are who are on fire and in earnest during the first stage of their religious life, but they have made no provision for maintaining the flame which has been kindled by the grace of God. They have lamps, but have neglected to take oil. The oil stands for fellowship with the Lord Jesus, for the grace of the Holy Spirit, for the daily study of the Bible, for the kindling communion of worship with fellow-Christians.
(2)They slept. There was a difference between the sleep of the foolish and that of the wise. There are two kinds of sleep. The one arises from a sense of security and trust. Every preparation has been made; all has been done that could be done, and we resign ourselves deliberately to the care of God. So Peter slept in the prison, before the angel came to deliver him. But there is another kind of sleep. The sleep of the sentry, when the foe is stealing up the pass; of the pilot, when the ship is making for the serried teeth of the rocks; of the nurse, when the patient's life is quivering in the balance. These foolish ones had no right to sleep, when they were so utterly unready to meet the Bridegroom. We must not take things for granted, or say "Peace, peace, when there is no peace!"
(3) They thought they could procure oil from the wise. But the appeal was in vain. Each must bear his own burden of responsibility in the sight of God. We may "buy without money and without price," but each must appropriate the living grace and power of Jesus for himself.
(4)They thought they could get in; "Lord, Lord, open to us!" But the door was irrevocably closed! "How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation?"
(5)They thought that the Bridegroom would recognize them. But He said: "I know you not." Let each ask himself: "Does Jesus know me? Will he recognize me at last?" The only way to be sure, is to kneel at the foot of His Cross until He seals us with the Holy Spirit, and says: "Fear not, for I have redeemed thee; I have called thee by thy name, thou art Mine."

PRAYER
O Lord, we pray that our lives may be lamps to which Thou shalt supply oil. Help us to be burning and shining lights for this dark world. AMEN.
F.B. Meyer

2007/9/3 11:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy