SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Kenneth Hagin & Copeland - Holy Laughter (Video)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

My point: The problem is not holy laughter, it's not prosperity preaching, or charismatic or baptist or any other belief. It is our own personal lacks of really knowing the one true Holy Lord. We know of him from the Bible. But that just about sums us all up. Where are our greater works the word of God says we can do!!!~But we listen to that ex-murderer Moses, because his face did shine and all the mighty works the Lord did in his daily life. And ex-murderer and adulterer King David, from all the mighty works the Lord did in his daily life. Dear ones including myself. We need to seek the giver not the gift, BUT WE ALL NEED THE LORD MORE AND MORE AND MORE AND MORE (AND HIS REALITY!!!) IN OUR DAILY LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a great holiday I'll be back in a week

2007/7/2 1:12
jordanamo

Re:

Quote:
Where are our greater works the word of God says we can do!!!

I hear of this a lot here and elsewhere... people want the signs and wonders of a person or otherwise, "who are you to speak?"-- let me advise you and others that the signs and wonders are easily copied by Satan. I am highly suspect of people who seek after signs and wonders, as if therein lies the actual apostolic reality, when in truth it does not.

Matthew 7:21 Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.' (ESV)

2 Thessalonians 2:9 The coming of the lawless one is by the activity of Satan with all power and false signs and wonders. (ESV)

Etc.

Jordan

2007/7/2 1:29Profile
psalm1

Re:

In 1995 the church i attended experienced a move of the Holy spirit. About half of the congregation got the holy laughter. I was "hit " as well.You HAVE to be there to experience the presence of the Holy Spirit.I know who my redeemer is . I have sat in his awesome presence. I have experienced the powerful presence of the Holy Spirit. What are you going to say? you werent there. When the Holy Spirit came in His presence was so powerfull it knocked my pastor on the floor.My pastor and I were instantly restored back to fellowship.[we had been at odds for over a year] WE supernaturally bonded that night at that meeting. This is the work of the Holy Spirit.Do you think the devil did this?People got healed delivered set free saved all in one service.WITH MANY PEOPLE EXPERIENCING HOLY LAUGHTER. Now some would say this is the devil. Well seems like I recall the words of Jesus"how acan satan cast out satan'?
......David

2007/7/2 2:00Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: Kenneth Hagin & Copeland - Holy Laughter (Video)

people want so often signs and wonders, many denominations even focus on this as the "main" thing, what did Jesus say? he said dont tell this to anyone, because he didn't want people to think thats why he came.... the most important and the greatest miracle of all is the new birth, an unholy sinner cleansed and born again, made holy put into this filthy world and still walk in holiness, that is a miracle...

Luke 10:20 However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, [b]but rejoice that your names are written in heaven."[/b]

and Jesus commands us to judge false prophets and teachers.... he even says if we dont understand that there are false Christianity we can not understand anything at all.

(parable of the sower)

NIV Mark 4:13 Then Jesus said to them, "Don't you understand this parable? [b]How then will you understand any parable?
[/b]

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Matthew 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

Matthew 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; [b]and shall deceive many.[/b]

this is a scary passage, it doesn't say they will try, it says they shall decive....

many.....

2007/7/2 2:53Profile
davidt

Well, first off the early disciples weren't drunk nor did they act drunk. The only reason anyone thought they were was because they were speaking another language. Also, we are to be sober and not drunk as it says in Ephesians. Sure there is joy and laughter in His presence, but if that be His true glory then holiness will be a result. And, there are so many who claim to have had those experiences, so, where is the fruit! O that the tree would have something more then leaves.

2007/7/2 3:07Profile
psalm1

Re:

oh yes we must be on guard against magnifying the gifts, miracles and signs and wonders.lets take the position that if anything happens in a meeting it is false and of the devil. lets not let the Holy Spirit do anything .That way we will be safe and we will not be decieved.
John said "art thou he?OR SHOULD WE LOOK FOR ANOTHER?
Jesus said"go tell John The blind see ,the lame walk lepers are cleansed,the deaf hear, the dead are raised and to the poor the gospel is preached"
dont you just hate that.? Jesus had the nerve to put the gospel last.But worse than that he claimed his miracles authenticated his ministry.
maybe the bad ,second Jesus is of the No signs and wonders crowd.
how does the unbelieving world know Jesus is alive? By signs wonders and miracles.
And yet I am to swallow this nonsense that signs and wonderss arebad?
How can this be? how did this deception creep in? When Jesus and my ministries are in fact authenticated by signs and wwonders.
The lame man at the gate recieved a miracle not because the disciples were reserved and fearfull that their enduement of power was bad but that " how could they NOT give it out!"
Im looking for my witness to have power not intelectual elloquence.
The man on the street needs a miracle not a hot shot with his scripture flash cards.
while the enimic psycological salvation poweless message is hammered over and again to brain dead drugged out americans,
missionaries are on the front lines of third world countries dying.
but they see mighty mighty miricles.The dead are being raised .I DONT CARE WHAT POONEN SAYS HE IS WRONG THE DEAAD ARE RAISED. At the hands of missionaries.
Miricles are not bad . How can God do bad?
....David

2007/7/2 4:39Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

psalm1 wrote:
.I DONT CARE WHAT POONEN SAYS HE IS WRONG THE DEAAD ARE RAISED
....David

when did you last witness this brother?

i do belive in miracles and healing and gift of the spirit, and i do belive if God wants it he can raise from the dead, but brother many speak so much about the gifts, Jesus dident, he did miracles...... he dident speak about them. I to want to see miracles.... but still the greatest miracle is the new birth.....

edit: im just saying brother we should be very careful, have you seen that video of "Marjoe Gortner"? do a search on youtube if you havent, i watched this yesterday and it broke my heart.

i feelt so sorry for all those people lining up to recive prayer by this man, and he doesent even belive in God! he was just acting.... at least he is honest and says he is lying, how many others are out there that is just pretending?

take heed.....

2007/7/2 4:56Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

i think this article has some verygood "points" , and would be good for all of us to read,

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=17737&post_id=138754&order=0&viewmode=thread&pid=0&forum=34#138754]Does God do miracles today? MacArthur[/url]

2007/7/2 5:22Profile
FireinmyBones1

Michigan

Re:

LOL - good points, good points . . . I stand corrected on any self-righteousness.
jeff

2007/7/2 14:29Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

FireinmyBones1 wrote:
LOL - good points, good points . . . I stand corrected on any self-righteousness.
jeff

forgive me brother, i dont understand what you are saying. did you watch this video i was talking about?

2007/7/2 14:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy