SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : FOLLOW-UP TO: "The Fatal Trap of Holiness Preaching"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread
Koheleth

NC

Re: Sinless Perfection

Quote:
Check out all 3 threads related to this article and you will see that there are some who have represented this way.

You may be right. Sometimes the sheer amount of reading is too much for me. To read page after page after page of posts instead of the Scriptures . . . I find that difficult. I am only saying I myself have never met or read of anyone who teaches the view of "sinless perfection" that is so often preached against. "Sinless perfection" commonly means three or four different things. Some believe it means you have reached a place where it impossible to sin again. What I mean is, those who believe "sinless perfection" means this are those who preach against it. I personally do not know of anyone who actually believes this, except for those who are so heretical in other views we would find it a challenge to call them Christians on several points.

Now, I don't know if I believe in another form of "sinless perfection" because that is just a terminology label. Just to be simple, I do believe the Lord Jesus Christ has come to "take away sin" and he has made it possible not to sin. With God, all things are possible. It is fully and realistically possible to live a holy life separated from sin. No one can teach that Christ died so that we must continue sinning. No, Christ died so that we can and will stop sinning. That's it in a nutshell. Those who fully take hold of Christ and his grace need not sin. I don't care whether it is called "sinless perfection" or not. I call it "Christianity".

2007/7/26 10:44Profile

Re:

Quote:
Just to be simple, I do believe the Lord Jesus Christ has come to "take away sin" and he has made it possible not to sin. With God, all things are possible. It is fully and realistically possible to live a holy life separated from sin. No one can teach that Christ died so that we must continue sinning. No, Christ died so that we can and will stop sinning. That's it in a nutshell. Those who fully take hold of Christ and his grace need not sin. I don't care whether it is called "sinless perfection" or not. I call it "Christianity".

Amen... no one who lives in Him keeps on sinning. Sin no longer has dominion over us. If we sin willfully/deliberatly we are trampling the son of God underfoot and no sacrafice remains for our sin.

Be blessed!

2007/7/26 10:57

Re:

Quote:
no one who lives in Him keeps on sinning. Sin no longer has dominion over us. If we sin willfully/deliberatly we are trampling the son of God underfoot and no sacrafice remains for our sin.

That's right. I just don't understand how people can say that normal Christian living consists in sinning every day in word, thought, and deed. That devil can't do any worst then that!

We are to go and sin no more. We are to rid ourselves of all sin. Victory, not defeat, is the normal Christian life. Sin is a fatal trap, not true holiness!!

2007/7/30 0:41

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy