SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Babe in Christ

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:

rookie wrote:

Dull of hearing and being unskilled "in the word of righteousness" go together. How?

This is a brain-buster to me.

My common sense tells me, if one is dull of hearing, one has not matured into the ways of the spirit yet, so are still unskilled because the spirit has not yet to reveal all unrighteousness and righteous truths.

2007/6/28 2:36
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother Chistopher wrote:

Quote:
My common sense tells me, if one is dull of hearing, one has not matured into the ways of the spirit yet, so are still unskilled because the spirit has not yet to reveal all unrighteousness and righteous truths.

Hbr 5:13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe.
Hbr 5:14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

In this diagnosis found in Hebrews, one who uses the word of righteousness in their daily life will be given the ability to discern what is of God and what is of Satan.

Peter exhorts us...

1Pe 2:1 THEREFORE, laying aside all malice, all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking,
1Pe 2:2 as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby;

All of the qualities found in verse 1: malice, deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and evil speaking find it's source in Satan's dominion.

In verse 2, we are encouraged to "desire the pure milk of the word" which will enables us to "grow" spiritually.

As we feed on the Scriptures, the Spirit of God will reveal to us the intents of our heart, either convicting or confirming that these intentions are of Satan or God. "By reason of use," our ears are opened to the hearing of God's voice. Our ears as "babes in Christ" have not been exercised in this way.

God Bless
In Christ
Jeff

2007/6/30 10:20Profile

Re:

Rookie:
Thanks for your experienced wisdom and sharing.

2007/6/30 12:18
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Paul also teaches us about those who are 'babes in Christ."

1Cr 3:1 AND I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual people but as to carnal, as to babes in Christ.
1Cr 3:2 I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able;
1Cr 3:3 for you are still carnal. For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like mere men?

Like the attributes mentioned by Peter, we find that there exists the same attributes spoken of here in Paul's epistle to the Corinthian church. Again we see mentioned here in Scripture that many members of the Corinthian church are still in captivity to manifestations of envy, strife, and division. They are not able to discern the evil. They have not grown, but remain tossed to and fro by the manifestations that Satan has grown in their flesh. They have not desired the pure milk of the word. They have not grown spiritually. Paul states that they have remained dependent on their old ways and not the ways of God. We see that Scripture states that babes in Christ are carnally influenced and thus afflicted by this bondage.

In Christ
Jeff

2007/7/1 14:45Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Is. 7:13 Then he said, “Hear now, O house of David! Is it a small thing for you to weary men, but will you weary my God also? 14 Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel. 15 Curds and honey He shall eat, that He may know to refuse the evil and choose the good. 16 For before the Child shall know to refuse the evil and choose the good, the land that you dread will be forsaken by both her kings.

We often see this section of Scripture fulfilled in the birth of Christ. Yet there is more, much more to this than a one time event. There comes understanding in the ways of God and man.

Have you ever meditated on what this Scripture means to man...

15 Curds and honey He shall eat, that He may know to refuse the evil and choose the good.

What does this say of man's position in the spiritual world?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/7/9 2:30Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

How does God enable one to ....

"know to refuse the evil and choose the good."

In Christ
Jeff

2007/7/13 4:50Profile

Re:

Quote:

What does this say of man's position in the spiritual world?

The need for the Spirit of God.

Quote:

rookie wrote:
How does God enable one to ....

"know to refuse the evil and choose the good."

the Spirit of truth, also the Spirit of God.

2007/7/13 6:05
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

brother wrote:

Quote:
the Spirit of truth, also the Spirit of God.

By what means does God provide for man to recognize His Spirit, His truth?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/7/14 9:22Profile

Re:

The blood.

2007/7/14 16:13
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

It is more than the blood, for the blood reconciles us to God.

1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

His word gives to us the Life that saves. The power of His word renews us daily, transforming and conforming us into the image of His Son...

God Bless
Jeff

2007/7/14 20:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy