SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Joyce Meyor

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
Lastly, because someone has blessed you in certain times of your life doesn't mean that you should trust them unwaveringly all of your life

Amen - Joel Olseen and Joyce Meyer "blessed" me when I was a babe...

2007/6/26 14:59
running2win

Bowmansville Penssylvania USA

Re:

Quote:
During the service holy laughter "broke" out and I was sitting there dumbfounded at the event. Honestly, it was the most unholy and demonic thing I have ever felt around me.

My mother was reading about the lives of Charles and John Wesley once and discovered that before their converions they both experienced this "holy" laughter and they both attributed it to the devil. That was years ago and I don't remember what book she was reading so it makes for a kinda weak argument. But there it is anyway.

2007/6/26 15:05Profile

Re:

Quote:
To be honest, I wouldnt want to serve a God who was as wierd as He seemed to be in some of the junk I heard.

I do agree with you.

I just want to share some weird things that God has said for man to do.

1)
Quote:
Ezekiel 4:12 And thou shalt eat it as barley cakes, and thou shalt bake it with dung that cometh out of man, in their sight.14 Then said I, Ah Lord GOD! behold, my soul hath not been polluted: for from my youth up even till now have I not eaten of that which dieth of itself, or is torn in pieces; neither came there abominable flesh into my mouth.

Here's another one.

2)Hosea 1:2 The beginning of the word of the LORD by Hosea. And the LORD said to Hosea, Go, take unto thee a wife of whoredoms and children of whoredoms: for the land hath committed great whoredom, departing from the LORD.Hosea 1:3 So he went and took Gomer the daughter of Diblaim; which conceived, and bare him a son.

It's strange how God would go against His own law.

2007/6/26 15:16

Re:

Quote:
But for whatever reason, people lap it up like hogs at a slop trough

They say that Pigs will eat anything. Thats not true. I raised Pigs and they do not eat everything. They are root diggers and they do a fine job in clearing a field of weeds and their roots. They are generally a clean animal, they wallow in the mud because they have no sweat glands. In the pen, they can be clean if their food isn't moved around. If the food stays in one place, they will 'mess' in the opposite side of the food, thus leaving the other places nice and clean for them to lie on. They are great survivors. Mom was telling me that she thought she lost one of the pigs one winter. The sow was pragnant. After giving up looking for her, Mom said she found the sow a month later in the manure pile. She had burrowed her way into the hill and had her litter there, where it was nice and warm.

I loved working with pigs, if they know your voice it easier to tend to them.

Now if you'd asked me about Goats eating everything in sight, they eat anything!! I remember seeing them eat pieces of tar paper off the side of a shack. They don't smell first before they eat, they just eat, like Jethro Bodine.

2007/6/26 15:36

Re: Joyce Meyers

The Distortion of the Cross
Four atonement-related errors on the part of the Faith teachers :
1) Christ was re-created on the cross from divine to demonic. To put it in Faith vernacular, Jesus took on the very nature of Satan himself. :-(

2) Your redemption was not secured on the cross, but in hell. In fact, many Faith teachers claim that Christ's torture by all the demons of hell was a "ransom" God paid to Satan so that He could get back into a universe from which He had been banished. :-(

3) Jesus was reborn (or born again) in the very pit of hell. :-(

4) Christ was reincarnated through His rebirth in hell and that those who (like Christ) are born again can become "incarnated" as well. :-(

This should be the main focus of this cult. It denies the Blood of Christ, and redemption through the blood. The Bible clearly states, we are Justified by His Blood, we have been purchased with the Precious Blood of Jesus Christ.

*All cults* distort the Cross and the preaching of the Cross. WOF teachers take Christ, the spotless Lamb, and pervert Him into an unholy sacrifice.

Now ask yourselves, WHY did Cain kill his brother Abel? Why did God accept Abel’s sacrifice and reject Cain’s. What was Abel’s sacrifice that God accepted, and what did that sacrifice signify?

Ask yourself...what is apostasy.
Ask yourself...what is the *LIE* God is going to allow many to believe....BECAUSE THEY REJECTED THE LOVE OF THE GOSPEL THAT THEY MIGHT BE SAVED.

Ask yourself, do I know the Gospel, the truth, whole truth and nothing but the truth of the Gospel

Thank you for listening!!!
Katy-did
;-)

2007/6/26 16:40
vsuarez

Re:

David,

Earlier in your responses you said that you were trying to pour a little water on this fire but you pick up the wrong can. I assume you meant that instead of a can of water you "mistakenly" used kerosine. You know what? Judging by most of your responses, it seems you did not desire to pour water. You have never aptly addressed any of the questions or comments made by many here. Instead, most of your responses have been side-steps and changing of subjects. You have not answered any of my questions whatsoever. Nor have you addressed or commented concerning any of my comments. It seems you are just stirring the soup pot with no real desire to reason and agree or disagree. It's unfortunate.

2007/6/26 17:20Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

To me I am amazed that this thread has gone on as long as it has.

Eph 4:14 - Show Context
That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

1Ti 1:10 - Show Context
For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

Are we not wise to test everything that we hear.
I grew up in a church and school where I had to survive the holy laughter and the toronto blessing and thought it was a joke.
I remember telling my friends at the other school what was going on.

2Ti 4:3 - Show Context
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

There are so many warnings in the bible about false teachers and false prophets. I want to have a deeper love for the true and the real and the good.

Php 4:8 - Show Context
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

I work in the christian bookshop and see many of these authors come and go. They have more books but do not help the people that read them but confuse them

1Ti 6:10 - Show Context
For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Jude 1:8-14
8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities. 9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee. 10 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves. 11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core. 12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots; 13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever. 14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

2 Peter
13 And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you; 14 Having eyes full of adultery, F8 and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children: 15 Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness; 16 But was rebuked for his iniquity: the dumb ass speaking with man's voice forbad the madness of the prophet. 17 These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever. 18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean F9 escaped from them who live in error. 19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage. 20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

1 Timothy
4 He is proud, F11 knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings, 5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

it says in timothy withdraw thyself is that any more plain or clear.

James 5:1-11
1 Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you. 2 Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten. 3 Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days. 4 Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth: and the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord of sabaoth. 5 Ye have lived in pleasure on the earth, and been wanton; ye have nourished your hearts, as in a day of slaughter. 6 Ye have condemned and killed the just; and he doth not resist you.

I love jesus and I know I need him because I am a mess
Like Art Katz said the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth.

Joh 16:13 - Show Context
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

1 Thessalonians 5
21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is
good. 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

1 John 4
4:1
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Joh 16:14 - Show Context
He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you

We need to be wise as serpents yet as gentle as doves. We need Jesus
Dom

2007/6/26 19:46Profile
Nellie

Re:

Amen and Amen, Dom.
The Bible gives us all the answer we need.
God Bless all
Nellie

2007/6/26 21:07Profile
psalm1

Re:

hmmhmm, you go to great lengths to riscreddit bro hagin, your facts, can they be challenged? I may have some info you would be interested in.
....David

2007/6/26 21:12Profile
psalm1

Re:

vsuares, I didnt know I didnt answer your questions so I went back step by step in your earlier comment to find any questions.
I will answer the ones I found.
you asked if my response was influenced by renewal. I would have to say yes.
You also asked if the season with my daughter wasthe result of my stand against wof. I dont think so. I think the enemy exploited a weakness.
most of you writings you are defending "the alarm over the false teaching of joyce and wof. Which you have every right to do.
If you go back and read what you wrote you asked me how I would present bro hagin.So I went to a lot of effort to do so.I truly am at a loss at your last post
now if I may be permitted you didnt offer anything specifically thst bro hagin has stated that was heretical. I hope I dont come across combative because it is not right or my desire.
... your respone is welcome......David

2007/6/26 21:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy