SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Should Christians Vote?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
HomeFree89

Indiana

Should Christians Vote?

Since we are of another Kingdom, should we be voting? I think to often we place our trust in politics and voting instead of God who rules over all nations.

More and more I'm beginning to think that we should be voting on our knees instead of in the booths.

"1Ti 2:1 ¶ I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;"

Jordan

2007/5/23 15:39Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re: Should Christians Vote?

Rebellious Republicans, Demonic Democrats... is there any hope in politics?

I know that's a little strong, I don't mean to purposely offend anyone.

I say pray for them both.

2007/5/23 15:45Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

I think this is one of those topics that everyone needs to be persuaded in their own mind.

2007/5/23 15:46Profile
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

Are we taking a vote on whether or not to vote? ;-)

2007/5/23 15:47Profile

Re:

Should Christians vote?

It's all a matter of conscience. If you think it's not right, don't. If you think it's ok, do. It's that simple. Just don't condemn those who do or don't.

2007/5/23 15:56
Jacob19

Re:

"Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God."
Romans 13:1

But then does God use people to get the rulers in power... oh no this sounds like a predestination vs freewill debate!

2007/5/23 16:12Profile

Re:

All I can say is thank God men like John Adams didnt have a doubt in their minds about this issue. While people pontificate that really spiritual people dont vote, they fail to remember that God used America as a Christian nation (which it isnt anymore) to reach more people around the world with the gospel of Jesus Christ than any other country in history.

This happened because godly men stood up, took action, and did something to bring America into being... and God blessed it.

We all come to this forum and lament the state of the American culture. I maintain that the reason America is in the shape it is in is because [b]Christians[/b] dont voice their views, and dont stand up and say "no", and dont get involved.

It didnt used to be that way.

So now, instead of doing something about it, we all come on here and whine about it and complain to each other... and do nothing proactive.

Just my 2 cents worth. I just really hate when this topic comes up.

Krispy

2007/5/23 16:22
Tears_of_joy

Re: Should Christians Vote?

Quote:
More and more I'm beginning to think that we should be voting on our knees instead of in the booths.

Amen!

2007/5/23 16:35Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
We all come to this forum and lament the state of the American culture. I maintain that the reason America is in the shape it is in is because Christians dont voice their views, and dont stand up and say "no", and dont get involved.

It didnt used to be that way.

So now, instead of doing something about it, we all come on here and whine about it and complain to each other... and do nothing proactive.

I would see it from a different perspective. I would say the main problem isn't because Christians don't vote, but because Christians don't evangelize. (EDIT: I know you agree that evangelism is important, brother, I just make that as a general statement.) The only type of "political" Christians I have a problem with are the ones who spend hours in political matters, but don't care enough to hand out a Gospel tract.

I hope it doesn't sound like I'm trying to be "more spiritual." I think it would be nonsense if I were to have that mindset. I'm in the middle on this topic.

I know brothers who are on both sides. Here is an incided I witnessed that shows how wrong one can take a side on this topic. There are some brothers from a "Anabaptist" mentality that are completely against voting. A (normal?) baptist man who does vote came up to him and asked if he had a sign that he could hold. (They were holding signs with scripture on them to evangelize.) Out of the blue, the one from the "anabaptist" mentality said "Do you vote?" The other responded, "Yes." "Well, I can't let you hold a sign then." :-?

2007/5/23 16:41Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

I guess I just see a political emphasis in merely trying to restrain sinners from outward sin. I can't in good conscience devote much of my life to such a thing.

America never was a "Christian nation." ;-) The bible never mentions one, but I have heard of a holy nation. I also know of a kingdom where Christ is the king. In my mind for it to be a "Christian nation" Christ has to rule from an earthly throne. Some call this the "millennial reign ." :-D

1Pe 2:9 But ye [are] a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

2007/5/23 16:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy