SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What do you think of the "Need God" Gospel presentation?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

greetinsg brethren in Christ's name.

Hopepurifies

Quote:
Firstly, I do not believe that telling one lie makes one a liar. Telling one lie is telling one lie. A liar is someone who habitually lies. I believe when we are sanctified, we no longer habitually lie because we are born in the Spirit. Therefore we are no longer liars. That is how I believe we become blameless. I went fishing one time, does that make me a fisher? But I could overlook that. One sin is a huge deal, even if you never do it again. If fishing really offended God, even though I did it once, I should worry.

so how many lies does it take to become a liar? If we are born of the Spirit and we suddenly stop being liars, should we not stop lying altogether? We are sanctified (freed from sin) as much as we yield to God and if we don't yield our tongues, we keep on lying. To lie once is no less offensive to God than a thousand lies, either offense will land you in hell apart from Christ. for our bodies to be preserved blameless at His return, we need an impartation from Him into our inner man which will transform our soul (heart, intellect, emotions) and upon this, our bodies are kept from sinning as a result. to be blameless is not just to lay hold of the work of the Cross but to have the Cross work in your own life so that you become blameless in your person. After all, if we accept Christ should we not then end up like Him? is that not what God is working to do in us to His Glory, to see the image of Christ formed in us?

Quote:
Two, telling men they are bad is great. I totally believe that. It is easy to see that exhorting a person to repentance is one of the cheif goals of presenting the gospel. But, when I witness, I prefer to focus still the more one God's goodness. A "we all fall short of the glory of God" approach. I want people to know who the God is that is judging their sin. I want His goodness to illuminate the evil of their sin.

indeed man must be convicted of sin otherwise the Gospel and the Goodness of God mean nothing. Man's simful state is the backdrop from which God's Goodness is clearly seen both in His Severity in judgment and in His Mercy. We must have a balance and at the end of the day, we ought to follow the leadings of God's SPirit as we deal with people individually.

God bless you and his Grace and Peace be with you in Christ. AMEN.

2007/5/24 2:42Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

repentcanada wrote:
As well, (and I am not saying this to anyone in particular) I have seen how many Christians have purposely overlooked the biblical truths the Way of the Master teaches. Why? I believe because it appeases their conscience when it comes to the command of Jesus Christ to share the Gospel with every creature. And that is a wicked sin.

i do believe it is a good and biblical approach to reach the lost, way of the master and ray comfort has been a blessing to me and also mark cahill is just a enormous inspiration, after listening to one of his sermons i usually get an "urge" to fill my pockets with tracts and hit the streets. But... :-), its just something in me that says we can make everything into a "method", like a 12 step program. And instead of knowing God and being lead by the spirit, we rely upon a method.

and í agree on everyone should be told how utterly lost they are, the more lost you are the bigger need for a savior you have.

i like R.A Torrey's points on what every believer should know.
[i]
."So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God" (Rom. 10:17).
2. "The seed is the Word of God" (Luke 18:11, last clause.)
3. "Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the Word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever" (1 Pet. 1:23).
4. "And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God" (Eph. 6:17).
5. "Is not my Word like as a fire? saith the Lord; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?" (Jer. 23:29).

The personal worker who depends upon any other instrument than the Word of God is doomed to failure. But we must have a practical knowledge of the Bible, that is, we must know how to use it for definite results. A great many men have a large theoretical knowledge of the Bible, but no practical knowledge. They do not know how to use the Bible so as to accomplish anything definite by its use.

In an inquiry meeting one evening, I asked one of the best Bible scholars in America to speak to an inquirer and show her the way of life, and he whispered in my ear, "I don’t know how to do that." A small practical knowledge of the Bible is better in personal work than a large theoretical knowledge. A practical knowledge of the Bible involves four things:

1. A knowledge how to so use the Bible as to show men, and make men realize their need of a Savior.
2. A knowledge of how to use the Bible so as to show men Jesus as just the Savior who meets their need.
3. A knowledge of how to use the Bible so as to show men how to make Jesus their own Savior.
4. A knowledge of how to use the Bible so as to meet the difficulties that stand in the way of their accepting Christ.
[/i]

2007/5/24 3:28Profile
elected

Tulsa OK

Re:

We are called to preach the good news, Christ,the Word of God, the Way of salvation and not the Law. Where it says in the NT preach the Law? It's true that the law is like a schoolmaster to lead us to Christ but faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

The gospel is a proclamation of te Son of God and the emphases is on his sufferings, the cross and resurection from the dead and not of the law of God,people need to hear about Christ and then we should call them to repentance and invite them to believe Him as Lord and Savior. I dont believe in methods but in the power of God, the way you approach individuals is different, so can be the methods but the mesage is the same.

I agree what hmmhmm quoted about Torrey we should made good use of the Bible and have practical knowledge and know how to lead an inquire to the Savior. The gosple is God

2007/5/24 4:29Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

The Law

brethren
let us remember that Christ came not to abilish the law but to fulfil it. If we are to be His followers, we are to fulfil it too as He has given us grace to do so. The law is not something to be discarded because not one jot or tittle of it will pass away says our Lord. To be sure, one can't be justified by the law, one can only be justified through Christ, but because He fulfilled the law, we are to do the same because we have been enabled by Him and through Him. The preaching of justification by the law is necessary to have the contrast needed to show forth the Mercy and Goodness of our God shown us through Christ.

Grace and Peace in Christ unto you all. AMEN.

2007/5/24 6:10Profile
elected

Tulsa OK

Re: The Law

IRONMAN said :

Quote:
The preaching of justification by the law is necessary

Sorry brother but u are wrong, justification is by faith in the Son of God, the law only condemns us, make us guilty and helpless we should make good use of the law especially to a careless sinner but standing before the mount of Sinai with the burden of sin on your shoulder and hoping that u will be justified by obeying the law it's impossible you need to walk few miles away to the cross and enter by the Door the narrow way.

The law can reveal the wickeness of our hearts but it is the Word of God that saves us and the Spirit that convicts and leads us to repantance and to Christ.

Ray Comfort makes good use of the law but his message lacks unction and power at least it seems so to me.Our intentions can be very honest and true but we are in desperate need of power from on high.

2007/5/24 6:46Profile
HopePurifies

Georgia, USA

Re:

I am more inclined to agree with elected. Can someone show me directly from the bible, their method? Did Jesus ever compare people to the ten commandments? Did Paul? The Decalogue (10 commandments) isn't everything. We won't even be judged by the "10 commandments" it is our hearts themselves that will be judged. Breaking the 10 commandments just reveals evil already in our hearts.

2007/5/24 7:45Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

i think Jesus "raised" the bar, he said our righteousness must be much bigger then the farises. So 10 commandments are easy in comparison :-).

Joh 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Joh 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

1Co 7:19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

1Jn 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

and if anyone dont think they are sinners we must show them they are, we can use the 10 commandments to do that, i know Peter when preached he told people they killed Jesus, he brought to their mind they where murderers. :-)

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, [b]whom ye have crucified[/b], both Lord and Christ.
Act 2:37 [b]Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart[/b], and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

so the using of 10 commandments are good and biblical i think.

1Ti 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

2007/5/24 8:16Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:
Breaking the 10 commandments just reveals evil already in our hearts.

Is this not necessary, the seeing ourselves as desperately wicked part? We must see ourselves as lost before we can be found. I think the WOTM may not be a sure fire way to salvation, but it does wonders at breaking up stony ground. By showing people the requirements of God they see how far short they fall…they see that He is righteous and that he has the right to judge them by his standards.

2007/5/24 8:34Profile
repentcanada

Re:

It's called "Way of the Master" because Jesus used the law of GOd to reach lost souls. Have you ever listened to "Hell's Best Kept Secret"? Brother Ray gives Scripture and extreme detail as to how we need to open up the Divine law to the lost.

Do you need exact Scriptures?

2007/5/24 9:32Profile
elected

Tulsa OK

Re:

We should obey the law of Christ and the law of the Spirit and that is possible by grace.Christ is greater then the law of Moses.The new covenant much more glorious then the old covenant. Behold Christ makes all things new, he is the alpha and omega of our faith,the end of the Law and the only One who fulfiled it without breaking a commandment.Our example is He not the Law of Moses.We should follow Him not the law.

He commended us to obey his commendments and if we love God with all our heart, mind..ect and our neighbor as ourself we have fullfilled the whole moral law of Moses and God's commendments.
By grace God made it possible for us to obey his word and commendments.

But the subject of this thread was about the Law of Moses or the 10 commendments that Ray Comfort uses in his ministry as a preperatory work to bring people to Christ, if it works for Him amen but this method it is not a MUST that everyone should follow to be effective in soulwinning.

The law will not do the work of conviction of the Holy Spirit, we live in the age of methods, we plan everything, we say the right words and preach orthodox doctrines but they kill unless the Spirit operates through us and puts on fire the 'material' that we prepare by prayer.

The old puritans prayed about the gift of tears,they new well that for a sinner to come to Christ he needs to be first of all convicted by the Holy Spirit, today often we take his place and try not only to convince the sinner but convict it and we use everykind of methods to get the results we want to.

2007/5/24 9:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy