Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : questions about Bible College, Seminary

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
lovegrace

Re: questions about Bible College, Seminary

If I may be of any assistance.

I'm currently attending Brewer Christian College and Graduate School. It's distance eduation, so you need to have a computer.

Their website is www.directionforlife.com or www.brewerchristiancollege.com

Very inexpensive for a bible college. Very God centered.

Or if that's not possible. GFA is a wonderful organization and they have schools that one could enroll in.

2007/5/28 14:13Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
In the perceived absense of such a school, why not go to the one the prophets, the saints of old attended? Some of the modern saints I know of have been to such a school. It costs no money, you do not have to travel, can be done in the privacy of your own home. It is called the School of the Closet. There you meet with the LORD, there you read his Word, meditate on it, discuss it with him. And say "yes, Lord" when he speaks to you.

Formal training is nice, but not required for the saint of God. I had it and praise the LORD for it, but it is not essential for Christian living. I know of one person who had little formal training in academics but who knows the WORD, the PERSON intimately, who can put most trained preachers to shame with her testimony, her urgency to serve God.

Ah yes, it goes by another name, Leonard Ravenhill went there:

[b]Bush University[/b]!! Moses was a prior student!

2007/5/28 14:25Profile

Re:

Quote:

Bush University!! Moses was a prior student!

Hehe. So hard... to... convince... my consumer... nature... that I don't... uh... need to purchase... holy anointing...

2007/5/28 15:12
Isaiah64

Re:

Quote:
In the perceived absense of such a school, why not go to the one the prophets, the saints of old attended?

Quote:
Bush University!! Moses was a prior student!

Yes, this is the school I'll be attending soon, much to the shock and disdain of many friends and family members, most of which profess to know Christ. One particular family friend says I'm making a "huge mistake" and am headed in the wrong direction because I'm going straight into ministry and not to college or seminary. He says I'm not thinking ahead to the near future when, if God wills it, I'll have a family to support. Though I do appreciate the advice of friends, I can't help but wonder, "What about Matthew 6:33? What about what the Bible says? What about men like Spurgeon, Muller, Bunyan, Moody, Booth, Evan Roberts and others without a seminary education who were used mightily of the Lord?" It's horrible how much worldly thinking has penetrated the church. Job security? Who needs that when I've got God-security? If I go into the ministry having a pension, insurance, and a nice, secure, comfortable future ahead of me then what's the point of faith?

2007/5/29 17:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy