Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : questions about Bible College, Seminary

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
bobmcd510

questions about Bible College, Seminary

Hello,

I have a friend in Pakistan who desperately wants to go into the ministry, but cannot get the opportunity because of a lack of money, and the fact that she is a girl. So I was wondering what are some good schools she might be able to get into that could provide scholarships? I understand that bible colleges are private institutes so it would be sort of hard to just go up to the government and ask for funding. What are her options? What would be the best way to go about getting financial help for her schooling?

Another question is what are some of the good Christian colleges out there?
(the school doesn't have to be in America)

Thanks

2007/5/15 12:56Profile

Re: questions about Bible College, Seminary

I'm in a similar situation myself like your friend: hoping to go to a good Bible college, yet not being able to afford much as an international student and waiting on the Lord for direction. I would be interested in hearing what others have to share on this topic.

As an encouragement, brother, I can say that "on the mountain of the Lord it will be provided." God always has and always will make all things work for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. If God wants your friend over at a particular instititution, do not doubt it, He will make a way--and His ways are not our ways, you know! Hallelujah!

In Christ,
Slavyan

2007/5/24 14:58
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Gospel for Asia (www.gfa.org) has 54 Bible colleges in the greater Asia region. Perhaps she would consider such.

2007/5/24 15:15Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Gospel for Asia (www.gfa.org) has 54 Bible colleges in the greater Asia region. Perhaps she would consider such.

Yes, I highly recommend this option if you are living anywhere near india.

2007/5/24 15:16Profile
Isaiah64

Quote:

I've been wondering about this as well. I personally am looking for a place with godly men, who have been in the presence of God. I don't want dead theology. It's so rare to find a good college or seminary nowadays.
Does anybody know of any?

2007/5/24 17:35Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I've been wondering about this as well. I personally am looking for a place with godly men, who have been in the presence of God. I don't want dead theology. It's so rare to find a good college or seminary nowadays.
Does anybody know of any?

This is something that has been heavy on my heart for over 2 years now. I would like to in the future get involved with other brothers and sisters to establish a "God-centered" radical discipleship school that would raise a generation of godly preachers in our perilious days. The need is great and the time is short.

2007/5/24 17:46Profile
Isaiah64

Re:

That would be a great idea, brother. We desperately need men and women today who are filled with the Word [i]and[/i] the Spirit.

But it's so frustrating not to be able to find older men of God anywhere that can mentor and disciple you. There just [i]has[/i] to be at least one good college out there...

2007/5/24 18:16Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

In the perceived absense of such a school, why not go to the one the prophets, the saints of old attended? Some of the modern saints I know of have been to such a school. It costs no money, you do not have to travel, can be done in the privacy of your own home. It is called the School of the Closet. There you meet with the LORD, there you read his Word, meditate on it, discuss it with him. And say "yes, Lord" when he speaks to you.

Formal training is nice, but not required for the saint of God. I had it and praise the LORD for it, but it is not essential for Christian living. I know of one person who had little formal training in academics but who knows the WORD, the PERSON intimately, who can put most trained preachers to shame with her testimony, her urgency to serve God.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

EDIT: I know of one evangelist who had degrees from prestigous universities. He said he is amazed at the ability of one who has little formal education, to be able to grasp the truth of God's word without any seminary training. The person given to study the Word, being filled with his Spirit will arrive at the same conclusion he did and he was well educated!

2007/5/28 8:48Profile
wallrepairer

Quote:

Briercrest in Saskatchewan, Canada has just had an amazing move of God on campus. It continued from just before Christmas and continued even until they broke up for the Summer. It is rare in that it is one of the longest running student moves of God in recent years. They are expecting great things on their return in September. Many lives have been amazingly transformed.

I don't know whether they have financial assistance but you could always ask.

[url=www.briercrest.ca]Briercrest[/url]

2007/5/28 10:34Profile

Re:

Quote:
It is called the School of the Closet.

Ah yes, I hear that is where they teach you the doctrine of Kneeology.

I once considered going to Bible College when I first started out in the school of faith. I was deterred from going by the Holy Spirit, and I thank God for His direction. Bible College would have ruined me, educated beyond my intelligence.

We are talking about sitting under some older godly men. The one that I had the priviledge of sitting under had absolutely no bible degree, he was called into the ministry and out he went preaching the gospel, he only had a grade 6 education. I learned what it meant to be justified, sanctified and holy. Those were different days and long ago. He was a good friend and I miss him. Either their dying off, I haven't seen another older godly man since.

Attending Bible College? Don't look for a crowded school, look for a very small school that is rich in faith.

2007/5/28 11:33

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy