SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Once Saved...Always Saved???

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 Next Page )
PosterThread
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

dear katy,

come on, i just talked to ormly about calling names.

i don't know, maybe i'll get off this thread..

sorry for writing guys. i'm out.

2007/7/10 17:41Profile

Re:

Quote:

LoveHim wrote:
Quote:

Anybody?? That's not true. You seem to make a habit of accusing when you can't be persuaded against your religious bent.

really?? who have i accused of anything?? let's see forrest-no grannieannie-no nathan-no lazarus-no. please show me. i've dealt graciously with all those who oppose my viewpoint. yet you can't do the same. you've put down katy, me, and mrbillpro consistently. but you're right, i accuse.

Quote:

Another untruth. Some folk are and ask good questions. You ask silly ones ignoring those already presented you because of your ignorance that, I believe, is willful. You need to repent. Ask God to open up the scriptures to you instead the commentaries you accept as the gospel.

i ask questions to understand where you are coming from. i've never had anyone talk about actuality and reality before. but you so quickly dismiss me as trying to find error in your theory. i am trying to dig deeper, but with your multiple negative comments, i no longer desire to talk of spiritual things to you. why?? so i can be slammed again??

Quote:

No, you aren't just asking. And I hate picking on anybody to do that. You are looking for reasons to keep your beliefs intact. Bringing me down aids in that. The ones you mentioned have never obfuscated the questions asked them. You have in almost every instance. Why is that? [not that I expect an answer]

you not only question my questions, but my motive as well. you don't know my motive for asking. you can think you do, but you don't. how am i bringing you down?? by questioning you?? that's ridiculous. and i did answer you about job and david. it took me time to think about it. i didn't just want to spit out an answer. but i'm sure you knew that as well.

Quote:

I have. You have ignored/obfuscated that also simply because you don't agree yet you can't really disagree with what I have been presenting and that is why you just keep asking rabbit chasing questions hoping you will recognize something you will be comfortable with in calling it error. Pity, that.

i've already addressed this in the above paragraphs.

Quote:
Dark is dark. "If the light in you is dark, how great is the darkness"? Jesus said that. You have to examine yourself.

once again, if i disagree with you, i am dark in my life. every man should examine himself to see if they are in the faith. you as well as me should heed that scripture.

Quote:

I don't believe ever said such a thing either. You said you read all my posts, perhaps you can recall where I posted such a remarks?

by newest thread..

*after mentioning that you believe no one can be saved without a revelation of Jesus, in page 13 you tell katy that you "would question her knowledge of Jesus, and that she has no revelation of Him"

*pg 5 "faithful in Christ katy, are you that presumptuous?"

*pg 5 "all we see is the old all over this post"

*pg 4 "if, if, if, are you?" (a new creature)(2x)

*pg 3 "you love self, your old man screams to have its way"

these are just some of the comments that you have said to her.

Quote:
I see more than you believe I do.... but you call it pride. How come?

Perhaps it is pride --- in you?

brother, believe what you want to, i am just saying that you have said somecrazy things to people here and you don't seem to care about us whom you rebuke. where is the correcting in love?? i just don't see it.

you can write whatever you want to about me and whoever, i'm just saying that we need to treat each other as brothers and sisters in the Lord. love the Lord with all your heart...and love your neighbor as yourself. if we can't humble ourselves and love one another, then we've missed some of the most basic principles that Christ and the apostles taught.. i'm including me in that as well. it is for all of us. i hope you'll see what i'm saying and not just dismiss it altogether. i hope so.

ps. the only commentary i have is the matthew henry one, and i don't even know where he stands in regard to this issue. please hear what i am trying to say.

ok.. I hear you

2007/7/10 17:48
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

dear ormly,

thanks.

2007/7/10 18:00Profile

Re:

Quote:

LoveHim wrote:
dear ormly,

thanks.

Don't mention it. Happy to do so .. Lets move on.

2007/7/10 18:10
pastorfrin

Re: Let a man examine himself

Hi Phil,

I have a question about something you posted. You said:

Quote:

once again, if i disagree with you, i am dark in my life. every man should examine himself to see if they are in the faith. you as well as me should heed that scripture.

I realize you are talking to Ormly but this raised a question.

If we are chosen why would we bother to examine ourselves to see if we are in the faith?
If we are not then we are lost and there is nothing we can do about it since we are not chosen.

Just something to think about not an attack.
;-)

In His Love
pastorfrin

2007/7/10 18:15Profile

Re:

Quote:

pastorfrin wrote:
Hi Phil,

I have a question about something you posted. You said:

Quote:

I realize you are talking to Ormly but this raised a question.

If we are chosen why would we bother to examine ourselves to see if we are in the faith?
If we are not then we are lost and there is nothing we can do about it since we are not chosen.

;-)

In His Love
pastorfrin

Great observation, pastor ... sadly only one of many that never get addressed, and ignored. If it could somehow be seen that not addressing such observations is to willingly continue to adhere to an incomplete message of the Gospel, one of presumption. Pity.

This also is not meant to be an attack

2007/7/10 18:24
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

Quote:

good question. let me read it and dwell on it and i will try to write you when i get a chance later.. i will be out for a while, but i will try to write later.

2007/7/10 18:33Profile

Re:

Ormly, please go back and re-read my posts. You have a difficult time processing what people are saying.

Why did you go off on like that?

Did you think I was saying something different?

I said self cannot die to self.

For iF ye live after the flesh ye shall die, but if ye, THROUGH THE SPIRIT, do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God *ARE THE SONS OF GOD*

Your definition of self/flesh. I completely agree.

Quote:
What does it mean to not walk AFTER the flesh ---- if it was NOT possible to do so, Hmm? What does it mean "After the flesh"? Since everyone knows we walk in a suit of flesh, stretched over bones, but this is meant to be taken in the spiritual sense, i.e., "self", unpurified Soul-ishness..... see 1 Pet.1.22 for that one, Katy.

So how can *ti.e., "self", unpurified Soul-ishness*.....AKA flesh please God with anything, even our own fruitless efforts is unacceptable.

I still don't get why you went off that way. Do we not agree here? Unless you are saying i.e., "self", unpurified Soul-ishness.....can die to it's own i.e., "self", unpurified Soul-ishness.....

Please tell me how that can be done, ans why you twist what someone is saying, and say back something they never said.

The fruit of the Spirit is Love Joy Peace SELF-CONTROL......

Love in Christ
Katy-did

2007/7/10 18:54

Re:

This Ormley, This..why did you say this? You can come here and call me a LIAR, and I can't defend what I was trying to say? Why do you take someone's faith and turn in into a personal insult?

Now, Forrest and I were having a discussion. She asked ME a question. I answered. Are you trying to hurrass me here on line? Hoping to run me off as you have Phil? I suppose you feel *proud* of yourself?

Loving God, is to Obey God, and through that obedience we overcome...we don't overcome by beating people up and calling names and acting as though you were God who can see into the hearts of every man here.

I don't know what is going on with you, but you need to get a grip. There are many different views here, and you seem to have sef control with those you don't agree with

Quote:
It is quite obvious you love your "self" more than you love the Lord because loving Him is the way to overcome YOUR OLD SINFUL NATURE that SCREAMS!! to have its own way. Your posts evidence that..

No Ormly, your posts are becoming very evident of that!

2007/7/10 19:21

Re: Hmmmm ?

Quote:
...we don't overcome by beating people up and calling names and acting as though you were God who can see into the hearts of every man here.

I don't know what is going on with you, but you need to get a grip. There are many different views here, and you seem to have sef control with those you don't agree with

Sorry, couldn't resist this one.

What pages should I bring back to our remembrance now ? :-o

Let's see now, it started with page 24 or 25 or 26 or ...........

Orm, have you kept count since pg 39 how many "cults" you've been in ?

I needed a laugh today. Hoy-Vey. Orm is the kettle now.

BTW ~ brother Phil does JUST FINE on every other thread.

Hey Mr. BillPro ... ring yer bell again.
(Sorry, I've lost it on this one.):-?

I've got popcorn popping.
*sigh*

2007/7/10 21:34

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy