SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Access over 100,000+ Sermons from Ancient to Modern
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Once Saved...Always Saved???

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 Next Page )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

Ormly wrote:
Knowledge of the message of the Gospel as intended by Christ to be revealed to those who are seeking The Lord to Love Him with their whole being..

Oh Lord it's hard to be humble
When you're perfect in every way
I can't wait to look in the mirror
Cause I get better looking each day.

To know me is to love me
I must be a heck of a man
O Lord it's hard to be humble
But I'm doing the best that I can. :-P

2007/7/10 15:01Profile

Re:

Quote:

MrBillPro wrote:
Quote:

Ormly wrote:
Knowledge of the message of the Gospel as intended by Christ to be revealed to those who are seeking The Lord to Love Him with their whole being..

Oh Lord it's hard to be humble
When you're perfect in every way
I can't wait to look in the mirror
Cause I get better looking each day.

To know me is to love me
I must be a heck of a man
O Lord it's hard to be humble
But I'm doing the best that I can. :-P

Well, if you had any knowledge of the message of Christ you would have agreed with my response. However, you have demonstrated that you haven't knowledge of much of anything and prefer cute remarks to cover up your lack..Childish, that.

2007/7/10 15:32
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

Ormly wrote:
Well, if you had any knowledge of the message of Christ you would have agreed with my response.

I would have agreed with your response? OMG!!
I am sorry please forgive me! I should have agreed with you I have always been one to go along to get along, can you find it in your heart to forgive me?
Are you even reading what your typing? also I heard Wally World "Wal-Mart" has those big foam rubber hands on sale this week grab one so you can pat yourself on the back. :-)

2007/7/10 15:39Profile

oh my

Quote:
Put those ripped out pages back in your Bible, Katy.

ouch, Ormly, you ornery?

this is the first I looked at this thread, read five posts, and thought to myself, "Look, how they love each other".......

come on moderators, lock this thread, it's a bare tree, no fruit, just wormwood and bile.

2007/7/10 15:43
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: oh my

Quote:

worm4Christ wrote:
come on moderators, lock this thread, it's a bare tree, no fruit, just wormwood and bile.

Actually there is still some fruit here. :-P

2007/7/10 15:48Profile

Mr Bill

Quote:
Actually there is still some fruit here.

Sour crabapples or lusicous peaches?

get the ladder out, pick me some, will you?

let me sample first..... :-)

2007/7/10 16:02

Re: Mr Bill

This is what Jesus (Fully God/Fuly man)said about His "self"...

John 5:30
I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

We really need to keep to scriptures. I did a word search and no where in the KJV anyway does and verse say we are of our own self to die to self. It's just not there.

I live by every word of God,
IN HIS WORD
Katy-did

2007/7/10 17:00

Re:

Here are just a few scriptures. Peter, Paul, James, Jude, all teach this. What on earth are you reading Omley....did you think the flesh meant your *epidermis*? No Kidding? That would make you a Gnostic and a heretic. And you want to call me names. Who are you trying to impress?

Romans 7:5
For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

Romans 7:18
For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

Romans 7:25
I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Romans 8:1
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

In Christ
Katy-did

2007/7/10 17:23

Re:

Quote:
Romans 8:1
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

What does it mean to not walk [b]AFTER[/b] the flesh ---- if it was NOT possible to do so, Hmm? What does it mean "After the flesh"? Since everyone knows we walk in a suit of flesh, stretched over bones, but this is meant to be taken in the spiritual sense, i.e., "self", unpurified Soul-ishness..... see 1 Pet.1.22 for that one, Katy.

Can you grasp that concept, Katy?

2007/7/10 17:33
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

Quote:

Anybody?? That's not true. You seem to make a habit of accusing when you can't be persuaded against your religious bent.

really?? who have i accused of anything?? let's see forrest-no grannieannie-no nathan-no lazarus-no. please show me. i've dealt graciously with all those who oppose my viewpoint. yet you can't do the same. you've put down katy, me, and mrbillpro consistently. but you're right, i accuse.

Quote:

Another untruth. Some folk are and ask good questions. You ask silly ones ignoring those already presented you because of your ignorance that, I believe, is willful. You need to repent. Ask God to open up the scriptures to you instead the commentaries you accept as the gospel.

i ask questions to understand where you are coming from. i've never had anyone talk about actuality and reality before. but you so quickly dismiss me as trying to find error in your theory. i am trying to dig deeper, but with your multiple negative comments, i no longer desire to talk of spiritual things to you. why?? so i can be slammed again??

Quote:

No, you aren't just asking. And I hate picking on anybody to do that. You are looking for reasons to keep your beliefs intact. Bringing me down aids in that. The ones you mentioned have never obfuscated the questions asked them. You have in almost every instance. Why is that? [not that I expect an answer]

you not only question my questions, but my motive as well. you don't know my motive for asking. you can think you do, but you don't. how am i bringing you down?? by questioning you?? that's ridiculous. and i did answer you about job and david. it took me time to think about it. i didn't just want to spit out an answer. but i'm sure you knew that as well.

Quote:

I have. You have ignored/obfuscated that also simply because you don't agree yet you can't really disagree with what I have been presenting and that is why you just keep asking rabbit chasing questions hoping you will recognize something you will be comfortable with in calling it error. Pity, that.

i've already addressed this in the above paragraphs.

Quote:
Dark is dark. "If the light in you is dark, how great is the darkness"? Jesus said that. You have to examine yourself.

once again, if i disagree with you, i am dark in my life. every man should examine himself to see if they are in the faith. you as well as me should heed that scripture.

Quote:

I don't believe ever said such a thing either. You said you read all my posts, perhaps you can recall where I posted such a remarks?

by newest thread..

*after mentioning that you believe no one can be saved without a revelation of Jesus, in page 13 you tell katy that you "would question her knowledge of Jesus, and that she has no revelation of Him"

*pg 5 "faithful in Christ katy, are you that presumptuous?"

*pg 5 "all we see is the old all over this post"

*pg 4 "if, if, if, are you?" (a new creature)(2x)

*pg 3 "you love self, your old man screams to have its way"

these are just some of the comments that you have said to her.

Quote:
I see more than you believe I do.... but you call it pride. How come?

Perhaps it is pride --- in you?

brother, believe what you want to, i am just saying that you have said somecrazy things to people here and you don't seem to care about us whom you rebuke. where is the correcting in love?? i just don't see it.

you can write whatever you want to about me and whoever, i'm just saying that we need to treat each other as brothers and sisters in the Lord. love the Lord with all your heart...and love your neighbor as yourself. if we can't humble ourselves and love one another, then we've missed some of the most basic principles that Christ and the apostles taught.. i'm including me in that as well. it is for all of us. i hope you'll see what i'm saying and not just dismiss it altogether. i hope so.

ps. the only commentary i have is the matthew henry one, and i don't even know where he stands in regard to this issue. please hear what i am trying to say.

2007/7/10 17:39Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy