SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Once Saved...Always Saved???

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:

Katy-did wrote:

The only "secret" for Christian living is growth in the Lord, growth in the things we already possess when we are Born Again.

Ephesians is very clear that we are saved by faith alone through grace alone without works (Ephesians 2:8-10).

You do mean by Grace through faith, old girl?

You are correct Annie. I feel as you, there is nothing profitable here anylonger. I will lock myself out.

2007/7/5 19:30
pastorfrin

Re:

Quote:
The only "secret" for Christian living is growth in the Lord, growth in the things we already possess when we are Born Again.

2 Tim. 3:16-17
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: [17] That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

“Sanctify them through thy truth.”
— John 17:17

Sanctification begins in regeneration. The Spirit of God infuses into man that new living principle by which he becomes “a new creature” in Christ Jesus. This work, which begins in the new birth, is carried on in two ways—mortification, whereby the lusts of the flesh are subdued and kept under; and vivification, by which the life which God has put within us is made to be a well of water springing up unto everlasting life. This is carried on every day in what is called “perseverance,” by which the Christian is preserved and continued in a gracious state, and is made to abound in good works unto the praise and glory of God; and it culminates or comes to perfection, in “glory,” when the soul, being thoroughly purged, is caught up to dwell with holy beings at the right hand of the Majesty on high. But while the Spirit of God is thus the author of sanctification, yet there is a visible agency employed which must not be forgotten. “Sanctify them,” said Jesus, “through thy truth: thy word is truth.” The passages of Scripture which prove that the instrument of our sanctification is the Word of God are very many. The Spirit of God brings to our minds the precepts and doctrines of truth, and applies them with power. These are heard in the ear, and being received in the heart, they work in us to will and to do of God’s good pleasure. The truth is the sanctifier, and if we do not hear or read the truth, we shall not grow in sanctification. We only progress in sound living as we progress in sound understanding. “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.” Do not say of any error, “It is a mere matter of opinion.” No man indulges an error of judgment, without sooner or later tolerating an error in practice. Hold fast the truth, for by so holding the truth shall you be sanctified by the Spirit of God.

Spurgeon, C. H.

Notice:
"The passages of Scripture which prove that the instrument of our sanctification is the Word of God are very many. The Spirit of God brings to our minds the precepts and doctrines of truth, and applies them with power. These are heard in the ear, and being received in the heart, they work in us to will and to do of God’s good pleasure. The truth is the sanctifier, and if we do not hear or read the truth, we shall not grow in sanctification."

Psalm 119:11
Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

You must do the hiding for His truth to do the
sanctifying

In His Love
pastorfrin

2007/7/5 19:41Profile
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

dear grannieannie,

we're operating crazy because..

*we're trying to talk about scripture

*we're asking for terms to be defined

*some of us don't know everything, so we are asking questions

dear sister, if you have anything you want to say to someone or some people, just write them and hammer it out like it should be. i've written you twice, but you havn't responded to me.

nevertheless, i hope people can actually talk about both sides of this issue with calling others ignorant or belittleing (sp) them. maybe we can actually treat each other as brothers and sisters in Christ..

i don't know, just an thought..

2007/7/5 19:43Profile

Re:

Quote:
You do mean by Grace through faith, old girl?

Yes Omley, By Grace through faith, it is a Gift, not of works lest any man should boast.

Thank you for the correction!!

Katy-did :-)

2007/7/5 19:47

Re:

Dear Phil, I see by your response that you did not read that thread link I gave.

That has been the problem through-out this entire thread.

I said from very early in this thread that I respect Both sides of this debate ... but the name calling did not start with anyone but Katy.

Name calling comes in many styles and it started about page 25.

And what I wrote about in that link I gave here on this previous page, started here on this thread around the same time.

Fairness has not been a key point on this thread.

It's not about the doctrine, that I've posted on this thread for so many times.

Sorry you are missing so very much of what's being said on all sides.

You misunderstood all my posts since around page 50.

When Katy dissected Oswald Chambers, I figured, who am I or anyone else on this Forum to be able to say a word ... despite that I don't believe in debating this particular doctrine ... now I've just said that for the ? time.

Here's Katy's critique of the person of Oswald Chambers, nonetheless me or anyone else on this mess of a thread.

Quote:
OSWALD CHAMBERS

Have you given consideration to the title, *My* Utmost For His Highest? Shouldn’t it say, “His” Utmost For My Highest? "The glory which Thou hast given Me I have given them" (John 17:22).

The doctrinal dangers of this book far outweigh the benefits, totally confusing the believer and his walk with the Lord. Here are some examples from his book, and you will know what I mean.

Mr. Chambers' attitude concerning the eternal security of the believer:

God will not give us good habits, He will not give us character, He will not make us walk aright. We have to do all that ourselves; we have to work out the salvation God has worked in. If you hesitate when God tells you to do a thing, you endanger your standing in grace (Nov. 12th).

Oswald Chambers was an in many ways a religious humanist.

Example:

God does not give us overcoming life; He gives us life as we overcome. When the inspiration of God comes, and He says, "Arise from the dead," we have to get up; God does not lift us up (Feb. 16th ). Romans 6 and Romans 8:11-13 say otherwise.

Oswald Chambers did not secure justification, forcing him to over-compensate sanctification.

Have I made this decision about sin, that it must be killed right out of me? Haul yourself up, take a time alone with God, make the moral decision and say, "Lord, identify me with Thy death until I know that sin is dead in me" (April 10th).

Wrong....our identification is once and for all. Look and find where sin ever dies. Sin never dies. WE died with Christ...now we walk in our New Nature. We will always have 2 natures ALWAYS.

Either God or sin must die in my life. The New Testament brings us right down to this one issue. If sin rules in me, God's life in me will be killed; if God rules in me, sin in me will be killed. There is no possible ultimate but that (June 23rd).

Again, Sin never dies and Paul has never taught that sin dies...we died with Christ...we...Adam 1,

By sanctification the Son of God is formed in me, then I have to transform my natural life into a spiritual life (March 18th).

Where does scripture say this... Oswald Chambers dioes not understand our old man died with Christ....what he is really teaching is teh reconstruction of the old adam...reforming the old man... this is not scripture...this is humanism.

Too much “Me, Myself and I” in Oswald Chambers teachings. The Truth is in Romans 6 we YIELD and RECKON and KNOW……

Those who have an ear to hear will understand ……

2007/7/5 19:55
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I probably should have never posted period, but it just upsets me that some folks think God can only do this or that or he "has" to go totally by his Word, hey were talking about "GOD" he can do what he wants, how can anyone say God is limited to his inspired Word?

How do we even know "for sure" God is not out there in the universe creating other planets were there is life and he is God there also? I sure can't say for sure, can you?

Personally I just don't like it when folks think God is finished with all he will ever do or limited to only what the Word says, hey he inspired the Word and left it here with us and maybe left just what he wanted to leave, it don't mean he is now retired.

Maybe I am a little far fetched here "for some" but I am one that has never believed in these two words "God Can't"

2007/7/5 20:30Profile

Re:

Annie, You said:

Quote:
said from very early in this thread that I respect Both sides of this debate ... but the name calling did not start with anyone but Katy.

Do you know that discernment ministry you put on line has name called. Lots of name calling there. I'm very familiar with the site. I love the one on those who call themselves the ELITE Christians. You don't understand, no one is calling anyone names, but to put a name to a doctrine that is false is not name calling, but "Naming that Tune" of which many of us don't sing or dance to.

Please stop slandering me and accusing me for "Naming that Tune".

There is a whole section on CULTS. The term CULT used within the Church means anything that draws you away from the Finished Work of Christ, anything that drews you away from God, or to worship man or the doctrines of men.

In Christ
Katy-did

2007/7/5 22:05

Re:

Quote:

MrBillPro wrote:
I probably should have never posted period, but it just upsets me that some folks think God can only do this or that or he "has" to go totally by his Word, hey were talking about "GOD" he can do what he wants, how can anyone say God is limited to his inspired Word?

"...... The Father doesn't change, there is no variableness in Him ....."
James 1:16-17

You want answers? I'm giving some. The question now becomes: Are teachable?....and do you really want answers?

So far you have only shown a propensity to distort God's word.

2007/7/6 6:29
rookie

Re:

Sister Katy-did wrote:

Quote:
Cults HATE Hebrews, because there is too much truth and too much BLOOD!

Have you ever considered who Melchizedeck was and why Abraham needed this High Priest of God?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/7/6 8:24Profile
ALIVEINCHRIS

Re:

Hello.

I came across this site by accident or perhaps not? In reading many opinions offered up, I was taken back at one thing I found missing in many of your postings. We do not sanctify ourselves, as that is the gift of the life of Christ in you.

Self sanctification is the most dangerous doctrine to the health and well being of a Christian. Those who have failed under this teaching know we can do nothing in and of ourselves. This is the Lords work and His alone.

Sermon Index has an excellent article here by Andrew Murray directly on the opening page of this network. Please take this under consideration.

The law of the Spirit of Life in Christ

The Liberty of the Spirit
By Andrew Murray

The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus made me free from the law of sin and death. If by the Spirit ye make to die the deeds of the body, ye shall live.'-Rom. 8: 2:13 In the sixth chapter Paul had spoken (vers. 18, 22) of our having been made f ...read more

I am Alive In Christ
Larry

2007/7/6 9:10Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy