SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Evan Roberts Quote
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Once Saved...Always Saved???

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

I just read 57 pages - some for the third time.

I'm more convinced of what I wrote yesterday than I was yesterday.

I need not say another word when 57 pages bears witness. Downloaded some and read all.

Love 'in' Truth.
Thank you Ormly and Oswald Chambers, etc..

2007/7/4 3:10

Re:

Thank you Annie.

2007/7/4 3:57
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

So did we all figure out rather we can lose our salvation or not yet?
I am confessing I cannot lose mine, it was a gift anyway, why would Jesus take back his blood shed gift to me? I really think rather you can or can't has a lot to do with our faith.
I have enough faith to believe that God will never take away my personal salvation, maybe if I were perfect yes, God might have a different attitude and expect more, but until I become perfect I will stick with nope I can't lose mine. :-)

2007/7/4 13:30Profile

Re:

Ha MrBillPro brother -- we can always count on you to pop on a thread with some deep mystery of doctrine and a good chuckle.
Have a great day off - are you doing bar-b-que at home or just here ? HA. Thanks for making me smile with you. It's contagious. Is that levity or just a joyful heart -- in the meantime, just pray for peace with GOD.
Love you brother. Glad He loves us all too. amen.

2007/7/4 13:41
story

Re:

good day to you mrbillpro.my nickname is story.this question about eternal security has been a topic in my heart for some time.the unconditional love of God is absolute with out question.it seems people get "the fear of the lord" and "fear of God" mixed up i know at one time in my life i did. would God ever expell me from the kingdom? i don't think so. as far as his love for me is concerned. i believe the love of God persues the sinner all the way to the gates of hell. in other words i believe the bible teaches me God does not send people to hell they choose to simply by denying him. which opens up the question can my free will of choices after being saved determine my destation? i must say God is just. :-)

2007/7/4 17:37Profile
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

brother story,

the question i have for you is "does a truly born again believer desire anything else more than God?" i believe that God will work through our faith and cause us to persevere. His seed remains in us and He will continue to work in us and through us.

this does not mean that we will not continue to press on ourselves, only that God's Spirit lives in us and causes us to follow His ways. once again, we work out what He has worked in and through us.

thanks for posting story.

2007/7/4 21:38Profile

Re:

Ormly, there's an Art Katz sermon below but I can't listen to it, because my computer is so strangely set up, that I cannot get audio or videos ... very unfortunately.

Have you heard it ? I wonder if someone wouldn't have a transcript of it ?

Sorry again for the large URL.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=10819&commentView=itemComments

2007/7/5 0:47
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re: Once Saved...Always Saved???

Quote:

story wrote:
...this question about eternal security has been a topic in my heart for some time...the unconditional love of God is absolute with out question.

Dear Brother Story,

When I opened this thread on Once Saved...Always saved???, I had a specific point in view.

The question was not whether our salvation was guaranteed if we believed, and continued to believe in Jesus, but that one could, and some do, get saved, walk with Christ, learn from the Holy Spirit, and yet still, by the deceit of the Evil One, and the allurement of sin, walk away from Jesus, and give up their salvation.

Not lose it, as it was at last pointed out, but give it up in pursuit of pleasure, and self gratification.

So many scriptures have been posted in this thread that it gets redundant, but all one need do is seek out the various writers of the New Testament, as well as the Old, on how not to fall, on how to ensure your election to Grace.

For until one's last breath is breathed in Christ, and no matter how closely one may walk with Christ, the Devourer is always waiting...always!

My initial concern, and really my only concern was that the teaching of this doctrine is dangerous to newborn Christians. I think it's dangerous to all Christians, who fall so easily in the Laodicean mode of belief...over-confident, they become half hearted followers of Christ until they follow Christ no more, but only the forms of Christianity. And then the Devil has them, unless they repent, and come back before God hardens their hearts, and prevents them from coming back.

Instead, we must do as Ormly is seeking to do, to push onward, ever learning from the Word, and from other saints, guarded by the Holy Spirit, until we have assured our sonship in Christ.

And the further one goes, the harder it is to walk away from Christ, but one is rarely tempted by the Evil One to make an about face, and run straight into a hellbent lifestyle. It happens bit by bit, until all the work we have done with the Holy Spirit leading us and teaching us is undone.

Yet, despite my many years deep in Christ, I still feel the temptation to slide back into sinful ways, instead of pursuing holiness, in mind and thought and deed. Not that I achieve it, but I seek it.

Quote:
Would God ever expel me from the kingdom? i don't think so. as far as his love for me is concerned.

Unfortunately, Story, Jesus can love you with all His heart, yet with great sadness, watch you walk in ways that will lead you into hell. He will fight to keep you, He will lift you up when you fall, and sometimes carry you when you are too weak to go on, if you are still pursuing Him. He will encourage you in all right ways. But He cannot prevent you from giving up on Him, because you are deceived by doctrines such as this that one cannot fall away from Christ. Because one can fall away, and lose everything. The Laodicean Church is a testament to this reality.

Yes, many here will immediately shout, Predestination! But only God knows who is predestined, and from our side of the equation we must strive upwards and onwards into Sonship.

Predestination and the Perserverence of the Saints are two sides of the same coin. It is a paradox, for both exist at once. But until you can understand the Paradox involved, that from outside of Time God does know who will make it to the end of the race, as Paul put it, but we do not, and must press onwards, always. We cannot look back...it is too dangerous. Jesus said that whomever looks back from following after Him is not worthy of Him. He didn't mention it was because if you look back, you are lost already. He didn't have to. Those He spoke to were Jews, and they knew the story of Lot's wife all too well.

Quote:
I believe the love of God persues the sinner all the way to the gates of hell.

Since Jesus pursued me that far, I agree with you. But had I taken one step more away from Him, I would have been lost, and He would have done nothing to stop me, for God wants a voluntary love and trust from us.

The more we seek Him, the more He responds, until we are so wrapped up our love affair with Christ that we are very unlikely to walk away.

But Lucifer has been the downfall of many who believed themselves safe.

Quote:
In other words i believe the bible teaches me God does not send people to hell, they choose to simply by denying him. which opens up the question can my free will of choices after being saved determine my destination? i must say God is just. :-)

God is just as well as merciful, but your free will in choosing Him after He has chosen you, prepared you, and made you able to receive the Word of Him is with you for your lifetime. And all of us must take care to seek Him early and often, placing our lives and our salvation by choice into His hands, and letting Him do as He pleases with us. And in that is our rest, for God will care for us. He will teach us, chastise us, test us, but also love us, all the way to heaven.

But we must always be looking at Him, and to Him, for all our work, our pleasure, our lessons, and our rest. For in Him alone is perfect peace, and joy.

Blessings,

Forrest

2007/7/5 5:08Profile

Re:

Thank you Forrest, for such a fine post. You have easily explained so forthrightly what I have struggled with in finding new ways to say it. Shame on anyone who can find error in it. Pity them who disagree.

In Jesus,

Orm

PS. With your permission only I will cut and paste to another forum on same topic.

2007/7/5 5:48
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re: My post

Use it with my blessing, my dear friend...that's what the Holy Spirit gave me that gift for!

Talk to you soon.

Forrest

Quote:

Ormly wrote:
Thank you Forrest, for such a fine post. You have easily explained so forthrightly what I have struggled with in finding new ways to say it. Shame on anyone who can find error in it. Pity them who disagree.

In Jesus,

Orm

PS. With your permission only I will cut and paste to another forum on same topic.

2007/7/5 5:53Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy