SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Once Saved...Always Saved???

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

GrannyAnny, I don't disagree with the evidence in us that Jesus Christ is at work in us. We work out what HE WORKS IN. No argument there. That is not the argument from me. If you think so, you have not read anything I have written, or don't understand it because I use scripture and not commentaries to make my point. You don't understand the verses, and that is the problem here.

Omley does not use scripture either.
Oswald Chambers DID NOT, let me say again DID NOT die for your sin, or can YOU BE SANCTIFIED BY HIS WORDS. He is just a man.

In Christ
Katy-did

[u][i][b][size=small][color=CC0000]PS: The Spirit of Jezebel are those who would want you to worship men rather than God. Those who hold up anyone's word over the Word of God. Those who corrupt from within in getting others to IDOL worship. Anyone who worship's man or his works over God is a Zezebel[/color][/size][/b][/i][/u]

2007/7/3 11:27

Re:

Quote:
Wrong. In Corinthians Chapter one...these Carnal Christians were called SAINTS.

Because Oswald Chambers did not undeerstand JUSTIFICATION, he over emphasized sanctification. Paul also said, we are sanctified BY FAITH...in Who? Yourselves?

Love in Christ
Katy-did ;-)

1Co 5:2 And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.
1Co 5:3 For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed.
1Co 5:4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
1Co 5:5 [u]To deliver such a one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus. [/u]
1Co 5:6 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?
1Co 5:7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: 1Co 5:9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
1Co 5:10 Yet not altogether the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
1Co 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, [u]if any man that is called a brother[/u] be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such a one no not to eat.
1Co 5:12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
1Co 5:13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.
1Co 5:8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

1Co 16:13 Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.

2007/7/3 11:28

Re:

Quote:
by Katy-did on 2007/7/3 11:27:19

GrannyAnny, I don't disagree with the evidence in us that Jesus Christ is at work in us. We work out what HE WORKS IN. No argument there. That is not the argument from me. If you think so, you have not read anything I have written, or don't understand it because I use scripture and not commentaries to make my point. You don't understand the verses, and that is the problem here.

Omley does not use scripture either.
Oswald Chambers DID NOT, let me say again DID NOT die for your sin, or can YOU BE SANCTIFIED BY HIS WORDS. He is just a man.

In Christ
Katy-did

Kady,
this whole post is a lie, except that O.C. did not die 'for' me.

YOU quoted a piece from Andrew Murray earlier.

I've used Scripture and so has Omsly, but we post ones that you've left off or out of your equation.

If you'd open that other eye and look at what others are posting, you'd find out that no one is trying to take anyone else's Salvation away --- but there is Romans 8 "walking in the Spirit" and what happens if you don't - type verses in The Word.

If you OVER-EMPHASIS 'HIS' part in what He's done and is doing in us and minimise 'our' part, you are not teaching the Whole Council of GOD and will lead many to perdition, because any over-emphasis on any part of GOD, His Nature, our nature, His work, our word, leads to Heresy.

Go onto some of these HOLINESS threads and give your posts there and see what happens.

If you leave off our part, as you have been doing, and attack anyone else for posting the other side of the coin, you are in sin.

You haven't minced words, first with me and now Omsly, so I won't mince mine with you.
What you're doing here is very suspect.

And yes, I DON'T BELIEVE WOMEN SHOULD TEACH MEN!

What you've done to this thread is beyond "just sharing". You enjoyed your flesh hooks, as us older woman call them.

That's all you've done by bogarting this thread and winking and mocking older men, who you don't want taking your thunder from you. I could have said something worse than thunder.

Where's your "shame-facedness" or don't you like that one neither ?

There are "many christs" out there. And many cults use droves of Scripture.

This makes 3 ways that you are defying His Word.

Why don't you listen to some of the good sermons offered on this site or participate with the others who are trying to express what true HOLINESS is ?

I've decided, I shouldn't have left this thread.

I've decided, the freedom extended to me as a member, permits me as much space on this thread as you've already taken up.

Annie

edited typo.

2007/7/3 11:46

Re: P.S. or PMS ?

When you added your big red thing up there - you forgot to write in "EDIT" to add it in after the fact.

I don't need the theatrics. Bold is good enough for us older woman.

[b]Rev 2:20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols. [/b]

2007/7/3 11:50
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

dear brothers and sisters,

i do not understand all of the accusations and mean spiritedness.

dear ormly,

i wrote those questions to understand where you are coming from. am i saying that you were not saved? no, i am trying to understand your different posts. i will respond about job and david in a little bit.

dear grannieannie,

with all due respect, i did not ask questions out of a secret motive. i am simply trying to understand ormly's posts. if you re-read my posts to him, you will see once again that i am simply trying to understand his position on things pertaining to salvation. things about before coming to Christ and after coming to Christ.. i do not believe that i had a "hook in my nose" or anything like that. my conscience bears witness to this fact.

now, no one here is saying that we don't work out what God is working in us. i know that i have stated many times that we are persevering as God works in us the heart and the will to persevere.

concerning the questions i asked. i asked if he was ever in need of a savior because he stated that he always had a heart of flesh. paul tells us that unbelievers are by nature children of wrath (eph 2) and unbelievers have rebellious hearts. yet ormly stated that he always had a heart of flesh. that is why i asked him what i did.

our heart before God changes it is one where self is on the throne. after Christ comes in, he gives us a new heart (one that longs for God and desires to do His will) and a new spirit within us. this new covenant is more than just changing the heart, it is a new Spirit within us that lives and dwells in us and causes us to walk in His ways.

concerning the righteous men of the ot. do i believe that they were given new hearts?? i do believe that God changed their hearts and gave them a desire after Him. but they were not given the Holy Spirit to dwell within them and cause them to keep His ways.

maybe we're missing each other on termonology or maybe we're just missing what each other is trying to say.

but c'mon guys, quit trying to look for something to accuse another of.

2007/7/3 11:56Profile
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

dear brothers and sisters,

once again, let's all keep in mind that we work out our own salvation, but it is God who works in us both to will and to do according to His good purpose.

to overempahsize either side is wrong. but balance lies in the middle.

love you guys.

2007/7/3 12:02Profile

Re:

But that is what you are trying to do with me, Phil wrote:

{quote] wrote those questions to understand where you are coming from. am i saying that you were not saved? no, i am trying to understand your different posts. i will respond about job and david in a little bit.

I have explained sufficient for anyone to understand what I am about.

Why must there be a waiting period for you to explain Job and David loving God without a new heart and or God having done something special in them ....since God is no respecter of persons and that would indicate, He was--- Hmmmm?

2007/7/3 12:06

Re:

Quote:
i do not understand all of the accusations and mean spiritedness.

but c'mon guys, quit trying to look for something to accuse another of.

Brother I agree, that is why I entered this thread from the beginning ... because it has been your sister Katy that started and continued all that I've just quoted you on above.

To me and Omsly.

Sorry that you haven't caught that part yet.

love you guys too, but won't sit by and watch what she's been given freedom to do to us of a different viewpoint.

YES, your line here is right on target brother.
Amen.

Quote:
maybe we're missing each other on termonology or maybe we're just missing what each other is trying to say.

I leave Omsly to comment to the rest of what you've written if he cares to.

You are a nice guy Phil. Just hope you'll be able to come to understand what others write and that maybe they could see that you may indeed be trying to understand what they are saying.
If you try just a tad harder friend, I think they will too.

Bless your heart.
annie

2007/7/3 12:07

Re:

GrannyAnnie, This is my position. My heart does not stand accused by those who have misunderstood, or made accusations out of their own understanding.

Ephesians 3:20Now unto HIM that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to HIS power that worketh in us,
21Unto HIM be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

2 Corinthians 4:6
For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

And to those who would believe you can purify yourselves…of which James continues to say AFTER, HUMBLE YOURSELVES under the mighty Hand of GOD!

Romans 1:23
And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Isaiah 50:11
Behold, all ye that kindle a fire, that compass yourselves about with sparks: walk in the light of your fire, and in the sparks that ye have kindled. This shall ye have of mine hand; ye shall lie down in sorrow.

Please forgive me for not putting edit. I see now that is a rule. How sad we look for others faults, and not for the good of others.

I love you GrannyAnnie. God is my judge, not you. I am not responsible for how you intrepret what I say or do. But, as concerning older men..am I not subject to any older man who is not preaching the truth, and has no respect for women in the first place. God gave GIFTS to ALL, to use. On Judgement day, we will see, from God's lips and only then who used their Gifts ( of which not all come dressed in sugar and spice and everything nice). As Paul said, some things are hard for hearing, but those who are mature do hear and know what is going on here.

You are trying to create a situation here that was not in my eyes a situation.

I too would like to know where Omley stands on these points. If we are to take instruction from him, we better be sure he is speaking truth from the Word of God. Without knowing that, I am in subjection to no one who wants to obscure sound doctrine!!
Love in Christ
Katy-did

:-)

2007/7/3 12:13

Re:

Katy - first you accused me of new age lovey dove stuff because I was trying to make peace on this thread by saying we need to have peace between those of these two different persuasions ... because of this same controversy that No MAN has been able to solve since Christ.
Not that it's not solvable, but until the end there will be good Authors who believe OSAS, that we ALL like and those who don't believe OSAS, that we ALL like.

I kept asking for unity and then that's when you let me have it.

Then you went on to accuse Ormly of some horrendous things, as you started with me, but I left off of the thread when I saw that coming from you.

Then you say ---- "How sad we look for others faults, and not for the good of others."

And now you're saying that I am trying to create a situation ?

This is what is called "craft" Katy. That is what you are now doing.

Let's own up to some responsibility here friend. You're not seeing what you have done to others here and feel you can just wipe your mouth and say, "I've done nothing wrong".

I entered this thread to "not" change your views and if you bothered to noticed I tried for not a few posts to really "bridge the gap to 'avoid' division here over these two views".

After not a few attempts to bring peace that way, that was when you started with the new-age-love-dove insults and now, please read your post to me again with all of this in mind or go back to where and when and why I first started posting on this thread --- then read your post to me again.

No smilie cleans this stuff up Katy.

Love IN truth would have been better .... remembering I didn't come on this thread way back in the beginning to try to change your mind or insinuate Cultic things about you.
Not until you started pulling that type wood out of our eyes first.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BTW Phil ---- Omsly is referring to the following parable about "the heart of flesh or stone", of course .....

Mat 13:10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
Mat 13:11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
Mat 13:12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
Mat 13:13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
Mat 13:14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
Mat 13:15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
Mat 13:16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.
Mat 13:17 For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.
Mat 13:18 Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.
Mat 13:19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.
Mat 13:20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;
Mat 13:21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but endureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.
Mat 13:22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.
Mat 13:23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some a hundredfold some sixty, some thirty.

And this rest is what I think we need to read in this day ...

Mat 13:24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
Mat 13:25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
Mat 13:26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
Mat 13:27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
Mat 13:28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
Mat 13:29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
Mat 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

2007/7/3 12:39

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy