SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Once Saved...Always Saved???

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:

LoveHim wrote:
dear ormly,

when do you think that adoption happens to the believer??

the bible shows a past sense (eph1:4-5), a present sense (1john 3:2, gal 4:6), and a future sense (rom 8:23, 1 cor 15)..

Live like are already are.

Quote:
that is why we have "the firstfruits of the Spirit (rom 8:23) and can taste the foretatses of our inheritance (eph 1:13-14).

Indeed. If we can only means we are able. Every man should examine himself with regards to such intimacy.

:-)

2007/6/30 14:14
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote:

Re:
by Ormly on 2007/6/30 1:41:01

Sorry Phil. I see it differently.

"""We know that the faithful in Christ are saints.
Question: Are all the saints in your circle, faithful"""

By the Spirit of Christ in them, YES.
By the Holy Spirit quickening in them, YES.
Walking in the flesh, No.

Forgiven by the Father, YES
Learning to know Him More, YES
Learning to walk in the Spirit, YES

Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Walking in the flesh leaves us in the flesh but IF we walk in the Light as He is in the Light, this "if" is a conditional particle, not depending on us but depending on the One that has the Light who causes the walking.

1 John 1:7-10 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

"If we say," is our responsibility.

His responsibility is in our birthing.

1Jo 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for His seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1Jo 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

1Jo 5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

1Jo 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, [even] our faith.

1Jo 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

Who touches us in our works salvation?

Who keeps the wicked One from touching us?

It is not works, it is "Christ in you the Hope of Glory. Being Crucified to sin on the Cross with Him, we are dead to sin and alive unto God our Father.

Galatians 2:16-17 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.

This cannot be and is impossible.

Because: Galatians 2:19-21 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Again, "Christ in you the Hope of Glory"

There is no other way.

In Christ: Phillip

2007/6/30 14:25Profile
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

dear brothers and sisters,

i am just a simple bible believeing person. because i have been chosen in Him before the foundation of the world, i have denied myself and believed on Christ. i have been filled with the Spirit and been adopted into the family of God. i have been born again of incorruptible seed and been placed in the better and everlasting covenant. i have been given a new heart and a new Spirit within me that causes me to walk in His paths and in His ways. i have been converted, jusified and will be glorified in the coming ages. i am striving to work out my salvation because of what God is working in me and what He is working through me. i place my assurance, not on myself or my works, but on my God who lived, died, and rose again. i have been crucified with Christ and am learning to walk by the Spirit and to be a living sacrifice daily.

that's all i know. do you not all have the same testimony?? are we really that different?? my confidence is in my God and His ability to carry out the promises that He said He would do.

He is faithful.

2007/6/30 14:54Profile
psalm1

Re:

Ormly, Does this mean I'm not as profound as I think I am?
....David

2007/6/30 15:33Profile

Re:

Quote:

LoveHim wrote:
dear brothers and sisters,

i am just a simple bible believeing person. because i have been chosen in Him before the foundation of the world, i have denied myself and believed on Christ. i have been filled with the Spirit and been adopted into the family of God. i have been born again of incorruptible seed and been placed in the better and everlasting covenant. i have been given a new heart and a new Spirit within me that causes me to walk in His paths and in His ways. i have been converted, jusified and will be glorified in the coming ages. i am striving to work out my salvation because of what God is working in me and what He is working through me. i place my assurance, not on myself or my works, but on my God who lived, died, and rose again. i have been crucified with Christ and am learning to walk by the Spirit and to be a living sacrifice daily.

that's all i know. do you not all have the same testimony?? are we really that different?? my confidence is in my God and His ability to carry out the promises that He said He would do.

He is faithful.

Oh how you wish all of that was "actually" so.

2007/6/30 16:03

Re:

Quote:

psalm1 wrote:
Ormly, Does this mean I'm not as profound as I think I am?
....David

Come again??

2007/6/30 16:03

Re:

Just an FYI to those who are feeling a little confused here:

Liberalism

Liberalism or sometimes called Modernism is a major shift in theological thinking which occurred in the late nineteenth century. Liberals insist that the world has changed since the time Christianity was founded so that biblical terminology and creeds are incomprehensible to people today. Although most would start from the orthodoxy of Jesus Christ as the revelation of a savior God, they try to rethink and communicate the faith.

Redemption is seen as the gradual transformation of man from a primitive state to that of obedient sonship to God.

Theological liberalism originated in Germany, where a number of theological and philosophical currents converged in the nineteenth century. German thought had a profound impact on British and American theology, but indigenous movements in both places, the Broad Church tradition in Britain and Unitarianism in America, significantly shaped liberalism's development.

Liberalism also manifests a humanistic optimism. Society is moving toward the realization of the kingdom of God, which will be an ethical state of human perfection. The church is the movement of those who are dedicated to following the principles and ideals set forth by Jesus, the one who provided the ultimate example.

A second element of liberalism is its rejection of religious belief based on authority alone. All beliefs must pass the tests of reason and experience, and one's mind must be open to new facts and truth, regardless of where these may originate.

Love in Christ
Katy-did

2007/6/30 16:12
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

brother ormly,

i don't know why you would say that i wish all that was so. the bible does not lie and that is what the Word says. by faith, i believe the truth and the promises of God. it is and will be "actually" so..

2007/6/30 17:12Profile

Re:

In reality, I have no doubt, however the actuality of it still is to be worked out by you with fear and trembling. Get my drift? You don't believe you have, do you?

2007/6/30 17:20

Re:

Quote:

Katy-did wrote:
Just an FYI to those who are feeling a little confused here:

Liberalism

Liberalism or sometimes called Modernism is a major shift in theological thinking which occurred in the late nineteenth century. Liberals insist that the world has changed since the time Christianity was founded so that biblical terminology and creeds are incomprehensible to people today. Although most would start from the orthodoxy of Jesus Christ as the revelation of a savior God, they try to rethink and communicate the faith.

Redemption is seen as the gradual transformation of man from a primitive state to that of obedient sonship to God.

Theological liberalism originated in Germany, where a number of theological and philosophical currents converged in the nineteenth century. German thought had a profound impact on British and American theology, but indigenous movements in both places, the Broad Church tradition in Britain and Unitarianism in America, significantly shaped liberalism's development.

Liberalism also manifests a humanistic optimism. Society is moving toward the realization of the kingdom of God, which will be an ethical state of human perfection. The church is the movement of those who are dedicated to following the principles and ideals set forth by Jesus, the one who provided the ultimate example.

A second element of liberalism is its rejection of religious belief based on authority alone. All beliefs must pass the tests of reason and experience, and one's mind must be open to new facts and truth, regardless of where these may originate.

Love in Christ
Katy-did

Did you write that?

2007/6/30 17:23

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy