SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Access over 100,000+ Sermons from Ancient to Modern
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Once Saved...Always Saved???

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Ormly:
Psalm 25:14
The secret of the LORD is with those who fear Him, And He will show them His covenant.

Psalm 23
1The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
******4Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.******
5Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:

****and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.****

Wow, what a promise! Is this for the Saints today.

Well, David was under the Davidic Covenant . That IS some Covenant. Have you read it? But what does Hebrews say…Everything in Hebrews refers to the word *BETTER*. BETTER this and BETTER that. It can’t get any BETTER.

Hebrews 12:5
And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons: “ My son, do not despise the chastening of the LORD,Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him;
Hebrews 12:6
For whom the LORD loves He chastens,And scourges every son whom He receives.”
Hebrews 12:7
If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten?
Hebrews 12:8
But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons.

HEBREWS CLEARLY ESTABLISHES THE COVENANT OF ***SONSHIP***

1 John 5:5
Who is he who ****overcomes the world****, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?
Revelation 21:7
He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son.

We are more than conquers!!!!

In Christ
Katy-did

PS: Ormly, you said yourself, I don't know if I'm going to achieve Sonship or not...I know I'm a Citizen though. With you openly admitting your doubt, why do you discard wisdom form those who are trying to explain the Word to you? Is it possible YOU are the one who doesn't understand??? How can you be so sure everyone else is wrong but You?

2007/6/30 6:53

Re:

Quote:
PS: Ormly, you said yourself, I don't know if I'm going to achieve Sonship or not...I know I'm a Citizen though. With you openly admitting your doubt, why do you discard wisdom form those who are trying to explain the Word to you? Is it possible YOU are the one who doesn't understand??? How can you be so sure everyone else is wrong but You?

Doubt?? About what? You believe son-ship is a given. The scripturs declare othewise.

I have no doubt about anything except your ability to understand the scriptures,given your fixation on redemption and what you suppose you so cheaply inherit.

2007/6/30 7:42

Re:

Omley said:

Quote:
I have no doubt about anything except your ability to understand the scriptures,given your fixation on redemption and what you suppose you so cheaply inherit.

Revelation 12:11
And they overcame him by the *****blood of the Lamb****** and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.

29Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted ***THE BLOOD OF THE COVENANT*** , wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
30For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

Omley, nothing you have written speaks of the Blood of the Covenant, and those promises to us in the Covenant. Jesus, our SURETY.

Omley, You are so out of line here, not to mention disrespectful. You by your own words are a child of the flesh....stating we are restored back to what we were before the fall...man of the flesh of the dust of the earth...created on the 6th day. 6 means man....7 are those who are complete in Christ. On the 7th day He rested. We in Him are a perfect 7. We enter His Rest...It is finished. NOTHING CHEAP ABOUT THAT.

The children of the flesh do hate the children of promise....and your attitude clearly display's this hatred. You are trampling underfoot all of the above. You've placed yourself ABOVE the Promises of God, The Sacrifice of Jesus Christ, and insulted the Spirit of Grace...which my friend is a GIFT from God....you cannot earn it, work for it, you receive it!!!!

IN CHRIST
Katy-did

2007/6/30 8:10

Re:

One more thing Omley,

Hebrews 3:11
So I swore in My wrath,‘ They shall not enter My REST.’”

Hebrews 3:18
And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His REST, but to those who did not obey?

Hebrews 4:1
Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His REST, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it.

Hebrews 4:3
For we who have believed do enter that REST, as He has said:“ So I swore in My wrath,‘ They shall not enter My REST,’” although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Hebrews 4:4
For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: “And God RESTed on the seventh day from all His works”;

Hebrews 4:5
and again in this place: “They shall not enter My REST.”

Revelation 14:11
And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no REST ( THE 6’s) day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.” 666

Revelation 14:13
Then I heard a voice from heaven saying to me, “Write: ‘Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.’” “Yes,” says the Spirit, “that they may REST ( the 7’s)from their labors, and their works follow them.”

2007/6/30 9:08
rookie

Re:

Sis quoted...

Hebrews 3:11
So I swore in My wrath,‘ They shall not enter My REST.’”

Hebrews 3:18
And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His REST, but to those who did not obey?

Hebrews 4:1
Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His REST, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it.

Hebrews 4:3
For we who have believed do enter that REST, as He has said:“ So I swore in My wrath,‘ They shall not enter My REST,’” although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Hi sis, I've been away for a while...

This last Scripture you posted, was the promise of rest available to the generation that God led out of Egypt?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/6/30 9:31Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Ormly wrote:

Quote:
A saint is what one becomes when he/she is born again; given the nature of God. We all know folk like that. We call them "babes in Christ". The "faithful in Christ" are those who embrace the way of cross from that point forward upon their new birth in Christ, "faithful" unto becoming a son: "For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through *sufferings". Hebrews 2:10 (KJV)

What you said above reminds me to this Scripture...

Rom 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

6 For to be carnally minded [is] death; but to be spiritually minded [is] life and peace.

7 Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

A "babe in Christ" has not yet learned to walk in the Spirit. If the "born from above" believer chooses not to follow the Spirit, this believer will not become a son of God because he chose to be like Cain. Although God taught Cain and exhorted him to obey, Cain choose to follow the way of his new father Satan...

Rom 8:12 ¶ Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

For if we live after the flesh, we shall die. But if we through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, we will live.

Is this your position?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/6/30 9:44Profile

Re:

I pray that what I have posted has helped someone with questions about the subject matter --- those who sense there must be something more to Christianity than what has been offered up that they have bought into. Though there is much more that can be discussed, I did my best with what depth I had to work with.

I excuse myself unless someone has a further comment. Thanks.

ORM

2007/6/30 9:48

Re:

Quote:

rookie wrote:
Brother Ormly wrote:

Quote:
A saint is what one becomes when he/she is born again; given the nature of God. We all know folk like that. We call them "babes in Christ". The "faithful in Christ" are those who embrace the way of cross from that point forward upon their new birth in Christ, "faithful" unto becoming a son: "For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through *sufferings". Hebrews 2:10 (KJV)

What you said above reminds me to this Scripture...

Rom 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

6 For to be carnally minded [is] death; but to be spiritually minded [is] life and peace.

7 Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

A "babe in Christ" has not yet learned to walk in the Spirit. If the "born from above" believer chooses not to follow the Spirit, this believer will not become a son of God because he chose to be like Cain. Although God taught Cain and exhorted him to obey, Cain choose to follow the way of his new father Satan...

Rom 8:12 ¶ Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

For if we live after the flesh, we shall die. But if we through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, we will live.

Is this your position?

In Christ
Jeff

You are on the right track, Jeff. Stay with it!

2007/6/30 9:50
rookie

Re:

Sister Katydid,

You wrote about 4 or 5 pages ago about the "Spirit of Life in Christ."

Job 33:25 His flesh shall be young like a child's,
He shall return to the days of his youth.
Job 33:26 He shall pray to God, and He will delight in him,
He shall see His face with joy,
For He restores to man His righteousness.
Job 33:27 Then he looks at men and says,
'I have sinned, and perverted what was right,
And it did not profit me.'
Job 33:28 He will redeem his[fn2] soul from going down to the Pit,
And his life shall see the light.

Job 33:29 "Behold, God works all these things,
Twice, in fact, three times with a man,
Job 33:30 To bring back his soul from the Pit,
That he may be enlightened with the light of life.

In the last verse, it says that one is "enlightened with the light of life." Is this speaking of what you said, "Spirit of Life in Christ?"

God Bless
Jeff

2007/6/30 9:53Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Ormly wrote:

Quote:
You are on the right track, Jeff. Stay with it!

Amen...

God Bless
Jeff

2007/6/30 9:56Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy