SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Evan Roberts Quote
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Once Saved...Always Saved???

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 Next Page )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

1John 3:10 In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is he who does not love his brother. 11 For this is the message that you heard from the beginning, that we should love one another, 12 not as Cain who was of the wicked one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his works were evil and his brother’s righteous.

The children of God are manifest because of the Christ that has been birthed in them.

Not children because of what they manifest by their works.

In Christ: Phillip

2007/6/26 18:34Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

By Katy did:

"OT Saints did not have the Spirit of Life in Christ that set them free from the law of sin and death.

That didn't happen until Jesus Christ rose from the dead"

Amen Katy-did This understanding can only come
from Seeking the whole word of God.

The Spirit of Christ but not the Life of Christ.

1 Peter 1:10-25 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow. Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

The Spirit of Christ in them only spoke of His suffering and Glory after, "that not unto themselves but unto us the things that are reported unto you by them that have preached the Gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angles desire to look into." LIFE IN CHRIST. If the angles don't know the salvation that Christ Has accomplished by the Cross how could the Spirit of Christ in them be the same as the Spirit of Christ that gives us new birth which they did not have. Also The Holy Spirit now in us and only with them from the outside not a living proof of Christ that is in us by His personal seal of God. Life in Christ. Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. Who's life do we now live in the flesh? The life of Christ.

Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance: But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy. And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work,

If every man's work is his own, his Judgement is hell. His work must be believing that the Christ in Him is wrought in all his works being in Christ Jesus and believing that He is our salvation and life, a new creation in Him to God the Father. They in the old testament new not this Gospel and the angles new not either. They still are seeking the finish of our glory that is wrought in Christ at the Grace and Glory of His coming and revealing us to all creation.
Because of Christ; Holy priests' unto the Father and son's appearing just like Jesus Christ the only Begotten Son of God, whom we now manifest in us.

pass the time of your sojourning here in fear: Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation (((((received by tradition from your fathers;)))) But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

HOW?

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. (Which is Christ Himself) For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

Paul's Gospel by which we will be judged not by the Old Testament Gospel which only points to Christ, not embracing and manifesting Christ Himself in a person. That is the new creature in Christ Jesus.

Rom 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Rom 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

2Ti 2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

Are you in Christ with Paul or outside Christ by the Prophets of the Old Testament.

In Christ: Phillip

2007/6/26 19:06Profile
rookie

Re:

Sister wrote:

Quote:
OT Saints did not have the Spirit of Life in Christ that set them free from the law of sin and death.

Have you ever considered this Scripture?

Zech. 3:1 Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the Angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to oppose him. 2 And the LORD said to Satan, “The LORD rebuke you, Satan! The LORD who has chosen Jerusalem rebuke you! Is this not a brand plucked from the fire?”

Zech. 3:3 Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and was standing before the Angel.

Zech. 3:4 Then He answered and spoke to those who stood before Him, saying, “Take away the filthy garments from him.” And to him He said, “See, I have removed your iniquity from you, and I will clothe you with rich robes.”

Who was Joshua set free from and by whom was he set free by?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/6/27 0:30Profile
rookie

Re:

Sis also quoted:

Quote:
PS:Luke 16:22-24 And it came to pass, that the beggar died and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried (23) And in (hades) hell he lifted up his eyes, being in torment, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. (24) And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tourmented in this flame.

Have you ever considered what the writer of Hebrews was speaking about when he wrote...

Heb. 11:40 God having provided something better for us, that they should not be made perfect apart from us.

What does both the OT saints and us who live after the cross have to look forward to when we are made perfect with them?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/6/27 0:31Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
Not children because of what they manifest by their works.

Please read again the Scripture you have quoted...

John's point is that the seed of Satan will hate the Seed of the woman. He points to the first example of that in the lives of Cain and Abel. Cain rebelled against God and chose to follow Satan. Abel on the other hand was a prophet of God. Abel chose to listen to God. Thus the fruit of Cains faith brought emnity between him and his brother Abel. This is what God declared would happen between the children of Satan and the children of God.

The outworking of one's faith either produces wickness or righteousness. And we know from Scripture that righteousness can only flow from God through Christ.

"desire the sincere milk of the word"

In Christ
Jeff

2007/6/27 0:41Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
The Spirit of Christ but not the Life of Christ.

Have you ever read Psalm 119? Do you have a heart like the man who wrote this Psalm?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/6/27 0:45Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip asks:

Quote:
Are you in Christ with Paul or outside Christ by the Prophets of the Old Testament.

One man sows another waters but it is God who gives the increase. I am not in Christ with Paul.

Only by the power of the Holy Spirit can one be known by Christ.

In Christ
Jeff

2007/6/27 0:47Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
It is both, but God is the judge of all of it and He is the one that knew that the works of the old testament were all evil, because it was of man.

For the men who had the Spirit of Christ in them, who wrote the Holy Scriptures of the OT, were these men's works evil?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/6/27 0:47Profile

Re:

Rookie wrote,

Quote:
Have you ever considered what the writer of Hebrews was speaking about when he wrote...

Heb. 11:40 God having provided something better for us, that they should not be made perfect apart from us.

What does both the OT saints and us who live after the cross have to look forward to when we are made perfect with them?..

Rookie, re-read that text, I believe it says THEY without US could not be made perfect.

Their perfection came when Jesus Rose from the dead. They are now in Hebrews 12...the spirits of JUST men made perfect.

Hebrews 10 says,

1For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto PERFECT.

Same goes for those who like Abel sacrificed acknowledging and putting their faith the coming redeemer.

Hebrews 10:
10By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ ***once for all***.

11And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:

12But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, *****sat down on the right hand of God;*****

13From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.

14For by one offering he hath PERFECTED FOREVER them that are sanctified.

15Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,

16This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

17And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

18Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

*****19Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,

*****20By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;

Love in Christ
Katy-did

;-)

2007/6/27 10:32
rookie

Re:

Sis quoted:

Quote:
16This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

This Scripture you quoted is also found in Isaiah...

Is. 51:7 Hearken unto me, ye that know righteousness, the people in whose heart is my law; fear ye not the reproach of men, neither be ye afraid of their revilings.

My whole point of this discussion is to show that Christ is in the OT. Christ also led the OT saints. Christ has always been the means of salvation for everyone who lives by faith.

With this understanding then we see the Trinity at work thoughtout history. With this understanding we find that God does not change. His means for salvation does not change. It is Christ.

Therefore if one finds Christ in the OT one will know for certain that OSAS is not Scriptural...

God does not change...

Ezekiel 18:

20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him. 21 But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die. 22 All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live. 23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live? 24 But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die. 25 Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal? 26 When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die. 27 Again, when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive. 28 Because he considereth, and turneth away from all his transgressions that he hath committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die. 29 Yet saith the house of Israel, The way of the Lord is not equal. O house of Israel, are not my ways equal? are not your ways unequal? 30 Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin. 31 Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel? 32 For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.

Do you believe this Scripture?

God Bless
Jeff

2007/6/28 0:50Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy