SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Once Saved...Always Saved???

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 Next Page )
PosterThread
psalm1

Re:

lovehim, If I look at OSAS as a " Gods ability "doctrine,then I havee no choice[no pun intended]but to join the bandwagon.
have you looked open mindedly at the other siddee of the coin?
....David

2007/6/24 11:21Profile

Re:

Quote:
have you looked open mindedly at the other siddee of the coin?

Psalms , the only other side of the coin is really the other side of the cross. Many standing on the wrong side just gazing up at it will never know the Power of the Cross, or understand those of us who have Identified with Jesus Christ in death and resurrection life.

This i'm afraid is where all this confusion comes in. We who live on the resurrection side have no problem with the New Covenant Promises, as those promises are only secured on the Resurrection side.

Love in Christ
Katy-did ;-)

2007/6/24 11:52

Re:

Psalms 1

Many fail to read the end of Hebrews 11. There are some very important FACTS overlooked.

36And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:

37They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;

38(Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.

[i][b][size=small][color=FF0000]39And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: [/color][/size][/b][/i]

[b][size=medium][color=CC0000]40God having provided some *BETTER* thing for ***us***, that they without us should not be made perfect.[/color][/size][/b]

[b]Do you know what that better thing is? [/b]

Love in Christ
Katy-did :-)

2007/6/24 12:20
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

dear psalm1,

hey brother how are you?? that was a funny joke (with the no pun intended) that you wrote earlier..

yes i have looked at the other side, because i lived and preached that one could lose their salvation from when i was a saved.. it wasn't until about 2/3 years ago when i started reading and studying the bible for myself, not just accepting what my church (and those like it) always taught.

with every issue like tithing, election, perseverence of the saints, i always like to hear both sides and the scripture for both.. do you like to look at both sides of many issues or just hold your own?? i am just asking..

if you, or any that believe that a true believer can lose their salvation, could please respond to my earlier post with scripture about the new covenant promises, i would be very grateful..

thanks brother..

2007/6/24 14:02Profile
rookie

Re:

LoveHim wrote:

Quote:
the bible goes on to record the fact that cain chose to murder his brother because he was wicked and hated him (1 john 3).

Yes Scripture does say this. In addition, according to 1 John 3...

Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous.
1Jo 3:8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.
1Jo 3:9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.
1Jo 3:10 In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is he who does not love his brother.
1Jo 3:11 For this is the message that you heard from the beginning, that we should love one another,
1Jo 3:12 not as Cain who was of the wicked one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his works were evil and his brother's righteous.
1Jo 3:13 Do not marvel, my brethren, if the world hates you.

In the first verse John writes, "He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous."

John teaches that those who practice righteousness are righteous, just as Christ.

Then in verse 12 John teaches...

1Jo 3:12 not as Cain who was of the wicked one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his works were evil and his brother's righteous.

We know from other Scripture that Abel not only was the son of Adam and so had a father who could teach him about God, in addition, Abel was a prophet of God. This means that Abel had a relationship with God and the fruits of that relationship according to Scripture brought about "righteous" works.

We also know that God spoke to Cain. Yet Cain chose to follow another father, Satan.

This example given to us in Scripture, teaches us about the declaration that God told to Satan in Genesis 3:15...

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

In other words God declared to Satan that there would be hatred between Satan's seed, (his children), and the woman's seed (God's children).

Those who are adopted into God's kingdom, "He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous."

From the very beginning of man, Christ was working alongside the Father, seperating those who would believe in the words God spoke to each. God makes known to every man the Light. Those who choose not to believe are condemned to taking on the nature of their father Satan.

In Christ
Jeff

2007/6/24 17:54Profile

Re:

Genesis 3:15

“And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel.”

This is the first promise given after the Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden. It is also the first gospel sermon ever preached on the face of the earth. Theologians call it the protoevangelium--or first gospel. These words spoken by God contain the first promise of redemption in the Bible. Everything else in the Bible flows from these words in Genesis 3:15. As the acorn contains the mighty oak, so these words contain the entire plan of salvation. The great English preacher Charles Simeon called this verse “the sum and summary of the whole Bible.”

Although you may not see it at first glance, Christ is in this verse. He is the ultimate Seed of the Woman who would one day come to crush the serpent’s ugly head. In the process his “heel” would be bruised on the cross. In short, this verse predicts that Jesus would win the victory over the Satan but would himself be wounded as the same time.

These words would be fulfilled thousands of years later at a place called Calvary outside the city wall of Jerusalem. But all of that was in the future when God first spoke these words. Neither Adam or Eve could fully have known what these words would one day mean.

Galatians tell us it is not seeds but seed as one, and that seed is Jesus Christ. We are not the seeds of God, as that is what Mormons teach. Our life and righteousness is in Jesus Christ alone and not of ourself. Jesus made it very clear, he did not come for the righteous but for sinners. That verse alone disqualifies any cult believing themselves to be some secret select society.

Love in Christ Jesus
Katy-did
;-)

2007/6/24 20:04
rookie

Re:

Sis wrote:

Quote:
These words would be fulfilled thousands of years later at a place called Calvary outside the city wall of Jerusalem. But all of that was in the future when God first spoke these words. Neither Adam or Eve could fully have known what these words would one day mean.

Abel was a prophet of God, Scripture states that he practiced righteousness as Christ did.

1John 3:7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous.

Genesis 3:15 also prophesied what happened between Abel and Cain.

Quote:
Neither Adam or Eve could fully have known what these words would one day mean.

According to Scripture, neither do we.

1 John 3:

2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.

This is not meant as a means to argue, but a means to point to Christ's work in the OT saints.

In Christ
Jeff

2007/6/25 1:05Profile
rookie

Re:

Sis wrote:

Quote:
Galatians tell us it is not seeds but seed as one, and that seed is Jesus Christ.

Truly, we who are born of God, born of the Holy Spirit, grow from faith to faith in the likeness of our Savior Jesus Christ. He was foreordained before the foundations of this world to be the means by which the Father reconciles those who believe to Himself.

If we are "in Christ" we are predestined to be transformed into the image of His Son. This is the Seed of the woman.

The book of Galatians also has something to say about this "woman."

26 but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all. 27 For it is written:
“Rejoice, O barren,
You who do not bear!
Break forth and shout,
You who are not in labor!
For the desolate has many more children
Than she who has a husband.”

Gal. 4:28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are children of promise. 29 But, as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now.

In Christ
Jeff

2007/6/25 1:14Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote:

Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous

No one can practice righteousness unless Christ is in Him. There is none righteous but One, and that is Christ Jesus who has been made unto us righteousness.

It is His birth in the believer that the believer is able to practice righteousness. Without Christ in you there is no hope of Glory.

Our Righteousness is absolutely only the Christ that has been made our righteousness, and that Christ is also our wisdom, sanctification and redemption.

1 Corinthians 1:29-31 That no flesh should glory in his presence. But of Him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

For none is righteous except the Christ in us.

Rom 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Rom 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Rom 14:13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in [his] brother's way.

A stumbling block of self righteousness.

Romans 14:17-18 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.

Righteousness is serving Christ and in the Holy Spirit, not in ourselves.

Are we old testament saints under the law or are we New Testament Saints under the righteousness of Christ and the Grace of God through the Faith Christ?

In Christ: Phillip

2007/6/25 2:18Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous

No one can practice righteousness unless Christ is in Him. There is none righteous but One, and that is Christ Jesus who has been made unto us righteousness.

I agree.

Scripture also says that Abel practiced righteousness.

1John 3:10 In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is he who does not love his brother. 11 For this is the message that you heard from the beginning, that we should love one another, 12 not as Cain who was of the wicked one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his works were evil and his brother’s righteous.

Cains was of Satan, and Abel was a child of God.

In Christ
Jeff

2007/6/25 6:38Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy