SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Once Saved...Always Saved???

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Phil, Yes, thank you, that is exactly what I was saying.

It's funny, nearly 30 years after I was saved and KNEW through personal experience the keeping power of God, came across this with Andrew Murray on the 2 Covanants and nearly jumped out of my skin. I was sooooooo excited to hear it in words that someone else knew too. Andrew Murray, is so gifted and excellent in how he words things. It was such a witness to my Spirit in TRUTH. And we do worship God in Spirit and in Truth.

I've been sharing it ever since. We just don't hear that kind of truth taught anymore. We need to.
Love in Christ
Katy-did
:-)

2007/6/22 14:43

Re:

Psalms 1, I had missed this post you made earlier. You said:
(hope I know how to work this:

Quote:
Katty-did
Katty-did
thank you for saying it mater of fact that you hate Hinn.I have long suspected an underlying reason for all the hatefull comments on SI
Being a christian, to me, is such a beautifull thing nothing on this planet compares to Jesus and the christian experience.I walk with Him , but to you and your buddies I walk with the devil.
My utmost desire is to "hook up" with Jesus in even a greater way.I knoww who my redeemer is and He is not the devil.
Where do you suppose to find perfect leaders? I have been to baptist churches and there is so much to "pick" but i never see any microscope aimeed at this denomination!
The things of the Spirit are opposite the things of man. If I lack I give. To get filled I fast.If I am hated I love.{am woking on these}
Benny Hinn perfeect? NO! Benny Hinn flawed YES! Benny Hinn misspeaks YES! Benny Hinn has error? YES! Benny Hinn sees through a cloud darkly YES! Benny Hinn has doctrinal flaws? YES! Do I have issues with him? YES!
Are all charasmatics includind Benn Hinn devils? NOOOOOO!
Every single one of us have these same issues.According to SI i gueess all of us arre devils......David

Benny Hinn said he got his anointing of the Holy Spirit standing on top of(dead) Amy McPherson's grave. Now, Psalms 1 that is blasphemy and witchcraft. We receive the Holy Spirit through entering into death and resurrection life with Jesus Christ. If my saying this and it is a well known fact that he is also a false prophet, Why do you want anything to do with him at all? We are told to stay away from false prophets who lead astray...and then you want to excuse or come down on Christians who do stray? I'm confused. If this is who you follow, and those you know following him are straying away, why ask about eternal security here from those who will tell you truth from scripture? Of coarse you have an attitude towards me, and now I understand why. We know that the Saints are going to be persecuted by those of Mystery Babylon...drunk with the blood of the Saints. Sorry to shock you, but Benny Hinn represents all that refer to Mystery Babylon.

He and many like him threaten new Christians and have many in bondage that if they don't follow his unholy spirit they are blaspheming the Holy Spirit and will lose their salvation. Mr. Hinn teaches a cheap Gospel of a fast food, quick drive through microwaved slain in the spirit experience that no scripture talk about. It's all sensual. The anti-christ will come with great signs and wonders as does Mr. Hinn, and then he curses people when questioned about his activities and false prophesies.
The Bible clearly teaches anyone who falsely prophesies is a false prophet, and not to be afraid of them. Now, who do you believe, the Bible and its warnings, or Benny Hinn and all his spiritual irregularities?

You really need to pray about it. But on judgment day you can't say...gee, I never knew that, no one ever told me that. I just did.
Love in Christ
Katy-did
Psalms 1, I'm not saying that to be mean, because today we are told to be politically correct before being spiritually incorrect. Stephen was politically incorrect and it cost him his life. He didn't run away or apologize. He told the truth! Love tells the truth, cowards will never tell yout he truth.

Sincerely in His Love!

2007/6/22 15:25
psalm1

Re:

Katy-did, Like I said you are welcome to take whatever position you like on any doctrine. Who am I? I am nobody to correct you. There is not one person[at least none I know of] that would check anyones attack against a "tv" preacher, on this forum.
So you have a green light to say anything you want. So why are you mad at me?
In fact you can throw me in there too.
Charasmatics have given ample amunition to anyone who would like to malign them.
I guess my question is .....Do I have permission to speak on this forum? Am I politically incorrect?.......David

2007/6/22 19:16Profile

Re:

Psalms 1 or David,
I am not mad at all. I thought it was the other way around. I couldn't figure our why it seemed you were asking a question, and then saying you didn't understand or that we were not on the same page.

David, I took your comment to be rude and almost mocking those who believe in eternal security. I do have something to ask you, and since you brought up the subject of defending your position, please clarify if these comments are true or false. Now is your chance to make a statement and correct the record. You say everyone here has made hateful comments. I see no such comments, and my comment was about Benny Hinn. But since you want to defend the Charismatic teaching this is what is said about the Charismatic/ Word Faith Movement. If you were indeed mocking the Blood of the Covenant earlier and mocking everything about redemption through the blood, Christ our Surety, then I can understand these comments below to be true. If you don't agree, then why are you defending this movement to begin with?
Here they are:

The Word-Faith / Charismatic Movement theology denies many clear Bible teachings. For example:

It denies the doctrine that the atonement was made by Christ’s death and blood and that it was finished on the cross (Jn. 19:30; Rom. 3:25; 5:9; Eph. 1:7; Col. 1:14; Heb. 9:22).

They are taught that Christ’s physical death did not remove sin. Rather, it was Christ’s alleged spiritual death and his alleged struggles in hell that removed sin. Hagin taught that Christ was sent to hell after His death on the cross and there he struggled against Satan and the demons and by his victory over them he was born again. This is heresy of the greatest sort. The Bible plainly states that we are redeemed by Christ’s death and blood (Acts 20:28; Heb. 9:14; 10:10). The atonement was finished on the cross. When Christ dismissed His spirit from his body, He cried, “It is finished” (John 19:30). The Lord Jesus Christ was not born again; He was never lost. He bore our sin, but He was never a sinner. He was never tormented in hell by Satan and the demons. He never assumed a satanic nature. Nowhere, in fact, does the Bible say that Satan is in hell or that he has any influence in hell. One happy day in the future he will be bound for 1,000 years in the bottomless pit (Rev. 20:1-3) and ultimately he will be cast into the lake of fire (Rev. 20:10), but nowhere does the Bible say that Satan is the master of hell.

It denies the doctrine that Jesus Christ is the unique and eternal Son of God (1 Tim. 6:15-16).

It denies the doctrine that Jesus was the “firstborn from the dead,” referring to His resurrection, promoting rather that He was born again (Col. 1:18).

It denies the doctrine that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God (Jn. 1:14, 18; 3:16, 18; 1 Jn. 4:9). If the believer could be anything like equal to Jesus He would cease to be the ONLY begotten Son of God.

It denies the doctrine that Jesus Christ alone is the creator of all things (Jn. 1:3; Col. 1:16; Rev. 4:11), which means the believer is not capable of creating things.

It denies the doctrine that Jesus was poor (2 Cor. 8:9).

It denies the doctrine that the believer is to flee from the lust for riches and is to be content with such things as he has (Phil. 4:11-13; 1 Tim. 6:8-11; Heb. 13:5-6).

It denies the doctrine that the lust for miracles is the mark of the ungodly (Mat. 12:39; 16:4).

It denies the doctrine that enduring faith is just as real as overcoming faith (Heb. 11:32-38).

It denies the doctrine that faith is based strictly on the Word of God rather than upon personal experiences revelations and miracles (Rom. 10:17).

It denies (in practice, at least) the doctrine that the Scripture is a more sure word of prophecy than any vision or supernatural experience (2 Pet. 1:16-21).

It denies the doctrine that the apostles were unique and their miracles were signs of their apostleship (2 Cor. 12:12).

It denies the doctrine that God does not always heal sicknesses (2 Cor. 12:7-10; 1 Tim. 5:23; 2 Tim. 4:20).

About Benny Hinn:
In one of his many appearances on the Trinity Broadcasting Network, Hinn said of those who criticize his ministry:

“Somebody is attacking me because of something I am teaching. Let me tell you something brother, you watch it! ... Don’t attack this man of God. There is a group here in California that thinks they are the judgment seat of Christ. ... Dear God in heaven, I wish I can just.... Sometimes I wish God would give me a Holy Ghost machine gun, I'll blow your head off!” (Benny Hinn, “Praise-a-Thon,” TBN, Nov. 8 1990).

Wow! That’s aggression ! Not aggressive! Would Jesus say anything like that? NO WAY!
OK Psalms 1 Your turn!

Love in Christ
Katy-did :-)

2007/6/22 19:31
psalm1

Re:

katy-did, Ok im sure you have even more material.
i am at aa loss as to your comments about me. I dont know that anything you stated in your last post is true.
Number one I am NOT a Benny Hinn follower. Never said i was.
2-I am not WOF
3 I am not your enemy
4 you are absoluteely misinformed about what I believe
5 your comments about me mocking the blood and atonement are unfounded.
6 maybe you do or dont hate Hinn thats your call.
7I shouldnt say everyone here hates Hinn{just seems that way]
8I am surprised by the fact that this is a FORUM and yet if i dont hold your views I am not welcome. and you attack.
9No one is allowwed to have a diff. position than you.
..........David

2007/6/22 20:16Profile
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

ok guys, there seems to be a lot of misunderstanding going on here.. we are all entitled to our own opinion and we can still stand on oposite sides and love each other in Christ.. i'm not saying that you guys don't, but it might be good to remember the big picture before we get offended at the forum or post..

let's please remember the thread is perseverence of the saints vs losing your salvation..

2007/6/22 23:00Profile

Re:

Psalms 1 or David,

Everyone here definitely has a right to their own opinion. Everyone here has a right to answer someone's question out of their own conscience. I really don't understand the problem here. I was under the impression you were accusing me of hating, and now you come back and say, well, mayby you weren't hating.

I don't know what others have said to you about Mr. Hinn or the Charismatic/Word Faith Movement, but what ever they have said, you assumed and included me in that remark.

You asked me specific questions, and I answered your questions. The problem is Psalms 1, you just don't like my answers. Does anything here say you HAVE to like my answers? Does anything here say I have to like yours? We won't always agree.

Psalms 1, you haven't said here what you believe, or at least from a few days ago when I first saw your name. You simply are asking questions.

I asked you if what I had posted was your belief and NOW you say you are NOT Charismatic/WOF. (Those two run together very closely).

Don't ask questions, and then trash someone for answering, using imaginary accusations.

I know how this *game* is played. I'm not playing it with you Psalms 1.

Love in Christ
Katy-did

2007/6/23 7:27
rookie

Re:

Has anyone ever considered this example in Scripture?

Gen. 4:6 So the LORD said to Cain, “Why are you angry? And why has your countenance fallen? 7 If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it.”

God said to Cain, "but you should rule over it."

How can Cain overcome sin?

Apostle John writes:

1John 3:7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

1John 3:10 In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is he who does not love his brother. 11 For this is the message that you heard from the beginning, that we should love one another, 12 not as Cain who was of the wicked one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his works were evil and his brother’s righteous.

What covenant was Abel under according to John?

2007/6/23 8:09Profile

Re:

Quote:
What covenant was Abel under according to John?

[b][size=medium][color=CC0000]4By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh. [/color][/size][/b]

5By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

6But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

7By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

8By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

9By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

10For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

When we read Hebrews 11 starting from Abel to the end of the Chapter, we see many people living through and under many different Covanants, Noah under one, Abraham under one, Moses under one,etc, yet we read they lived by faith.....in what? Their Covenant? So, was it faith in the Covenant they were under only at that time, or faith in the Redeemer, promised in Genesis 3:15.

It says Moses suffered with the people of God, counting the *reproach of CHRIST* more worthy then all the riches in Egypt. What Covenant was Moses under at that time?

And why did those who were sawn usunder willing to die, knowing they would have a better resurrection? What Covenant promise were they under at that time?

Just food for thought.

Love in Christ
Katy-did :-)

2007/6/23 9:01
psalm1

Re:

Katy-did, Im glad we agree.
.....David

2007/6/23 9:23Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy