SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Access over 100,000+ Sermons from Ancient to Modern
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Once Saved...Always Saved???

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 Next Page )
PosterThread
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

dear granieannie,

i just wanted to let you now that i understand what you are saying and that i am glad that you are sticking around and still posting.. i appreciate the discussion.. just wanted to encourage you with that.

2007/6/21 17:11Profile

Re:

Testing is for the purpose of conforming us to the image of Jesus Christ. Since we are to give thanks for all things...even our testing...what we are really thanking God for is not the test, but the end result. We know nothing as was Job, can come into our life unless God allows and permits, and to a certain degree. Satan could not take Job's life. But God KNEW Job's heart, and that his faith in Him was a sincere faith. Did Job understand at the time what was going on? No, but he did say a couple very interesting things, and how did he know these things? Don't know how he knew, we do know that he did.

I shall come forth as Gold.
Thou He slay me..yet will I trust in Him.
I will see the Lord on resurrection day!
I know that my Redeemer liveth.

Very profound statements. Yet all the while Job was suffering, guess who comes along...the FRIENDS of Job. What does God have to say about them in the end? That is also very profound.

We all have as we go through our trials and Tribs, the FRIENDS of Job, those pious, self-righteous Christians? who want to tell you what is wrong with you. When they do my friends, just know, they have never been tried by fire.

But you my friends are those, whom God is giving opportunity to buy of Him, Gold..tried in the fire, that you may be rich...rich in Christ Jesus, because that is the ONLY riches that matter.

God is watching your fiery trial. He knows how much heat and when to turn it down, and when the dross of our life is ready to scrape off the top.

Don't let anyone rob you. Job in the end was blessed more than the beginning, and I believe this is also mentioned by James, or Peter. That after you have suffered a while, God will strengthen, settle and establish you.

Love in Christ
Katy-did :-)

2007/6/21 17:20

Re:

I love this Psalms.

Psalms 66
8O bless our God, ye people, and make the voice of his praise to be heard:

9Which holdeth our soul in life, and suffereth not our feet to be moved.

10For thou, O God, hast proved us: thou hast tried us, as silver is tried.

11Thou broughtest us into the net; thou laidst affliction upon our loins.

12Thou hast caused men to ride over our heads; we went through fire and through water: but thou broughtest us out into a wealthy place.

13I will go into thy house with burnt offerings: I will pay thee my vows,

14Which my lips have uttered, and my mouth hath spoken, when I was in trouble.

15I will offer unto thee burnt sacrifices of fatlings, with the incense of rams; I will offer bullocks with goats. Selah.

16Come and hear, all ye that fear God, and I will declare what he hath done for my soul.

17I cried unto him with my mouth, and he was extolled with my tongue.

2007/6/21 17:26
psalm1

Re:

katy-did ;
Iwent back and read heb 6. Ithink you might want to go back and read that again with an open mind. And remember the proddigal of his own free will came back to the father.Also there is another scripture alluding to christians suffering "shipwreck".
Iguess what once saved doctrine is alluding to is that should i turn from the faith God will follow me.I think He will! now your quesstion needs to be how far? Is this correct?
......David

2007/6/21 17:37Profile

Re:

Psalms 1 or David, Hello. Hebrews 6 is a very deep deep passage that is and has been *easily* misunderstood. The reason so many mis-understand Hebrews is because they don't take into account WHO the author was talking to. Jews, still undecided. That is why it is so important to read ALL of Hebrews and not just a verse here and one there to form a conclusion. Only at *that time* could a Jew or New Convert understand all that was being said. Paul didn't go into this kind of detail with Gentiles...yet, it's the same Gospel since Gentiles are partakers of the Covenants of Promise. Even when Paul was teaching the Galatians, Many Christian Jews STILL didn't understand Grace alone. This is what Hebrews is all about...Grace plus nothing. Now when reading, compare what Paul says to Gentiles in Galatians. They are really SISTER chapters that compliment one another.

Well, all I can say about shipwreck is this. Today, many are getting ordained from the University of Balaam. Study Balaam. He was a hireling prophet hired to curse God's People Israel. Supposing them to be sinful etc, because of their sin at Sinai, failed to see the Higher Law of God...Mercy, forgiveness etc.

Scripture warns us from beginning to end about straying, following false prophets..(that cause shipwreck) but I've seen many even in that shipwreck rise out of the grave to go before and warn others. David was a shipwreck and so was his family. But God did not forsake David. He did suffer the consequences, and his family suffered too. Yes, our sin does affect others.

We are living in dangerous times with so many different voices out there. I think especially in this country where we have the "American Idol" syndrome that this is the number 1 reason many do shipwreck. They may not even see it coming, but it is coming. Will they lose their salvation? Did they have it to begin with? Or will they just go home naked and embarrassed and lose rewards? That is the question. It's not for us to judge who is and isn't saved, or how God chooses to work in their lives. Maybe he will use one of His very own to be deceived by something, just to be the voice that cries the loudest in the end....go back...go back, this is the wrong way...I saw what was ahead...go back! God works in mysterious ways.

Someone said once, God would never allow a Christian woman to be raped. Well, I heard the testimony of 8 women (in a war torn area)...missionaries who were. It took 8 years to heal, but God has used them mightily to minister to other women in these war torn areas who have been raped. None are bitter. Can you imagine? Now that would be one that could cause you to turn away, but something more powerful is at work here. The Love of God constrains us. Yes it does!

If someone has shipwrecked and doesn't know it, and there are no consequences...they simply as Hebrews puts it ...illegitimate. The DNA test came back and guess what...God is not the Father!

Love in Christ
Katy-did

:-)

2007/6/21 19:01

Re: Job and Psalm

Thanks Katy-did, Don't know if you realize it, but those two posts ministered to me.

Actually, just what the Dr. Ordered.
I've been in what I only describe as a car crusher, both physically and emotionally for a few years now. Haven't had any Job type friends in The Body, but in the world, yeah. Hurts just the same. But we did pray that God would even take our "reputation" from us. That's the hardest to let go of --- but Job did it ! :-D

Thank you for your prayers.
Have really needed them. [u]Thanks![/u]

In His Love.
annie

2007/6/21 19:04

Re:

Love Him Phil, you are a dear brother and I can't wait to meet you on the Other Side.

What a wonderful time we'll have then. I'll be looking for everyone here there and hope we have at least a couple thousand of eternity to rejoice together. I don't ever think we meet folks by accident down here.

Bless you with many blessings from Him.
Love,
Annie

2007/6/21 19:10
Logic

Re:

Quote:
Katy-did wrote:
Just because these imposters live and deny Christ, should be no surprise to anyone.

Quote:
Katy-did wrote:
Christ lives in our hearts, and those who know the Lord, know the Risen Lord. C. Templeton had a form of Godliness, but denied the power. From such turn away!!! C. Templeton was never saved to begin with. Plain and simple. The more I read about Billy Graham, the more I say, “beware of another” !

Quote:
Sealed wrote:
We are saved by God's grace, through faith in Him. He regenerates our hearts and sanctifies us so that we can become His children eternally:

Those who have been born of God by His Spirit, are His children eternally, and heirs to His Kingdom:

You will know whether you HAVE eternal life by your fruits:
In summary, those who have been born of God through the regeneration and sanctification of His Spirit, HAVE ETERNAL LIFE, because we are His children through being born of Him. We will know if we have been born of Him by our fruits. Those who practice sin are not His children and have never been known by Him, but are actually children of the devil. Those of us who have been born of Him will inherit His Kingdom as heirs and can never be snatched out of His hand.

So y'all are saying that one must add to believing in the work of Christ?

Charles Templeton trusted and believed in Christ to forgive his sins, and to save him from God's wrath. Charles Templeton made Christ's sacrifice on the cross as the punishment for his sins.
[b]Is there more to it?
NO![/b]
If Charles Templeton would have died before he denied Christ, he would have went to be with the Lord.
He had fruit from his ministery from what he believed and preached.
He wouldn't have done all that if he didn't beliiev.

He was truely saved but not always.

2007/6/21 19:28Profile
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

dear logic,

what i believe sealed and katy-did are saying is not "add to believing in the work of Christ", but instead "their life will ultimately show whether they were saved or not"..

much like you, no one here believes that you have to add anything to Jesus's sacrifice, as if one really could add something, but that like james 2 "true faith will produce good works" and matthew 7 "you will know them by their fruit"..

was charles ever truly saved?? how can you be so sure?? can you look down into the soul and tell me 100% that he was??

that's what they (sealed, katu-did) are saying, by his life he looked like another judas type (one that walked by Jesus, followed to an extent, but was never born-again).. why do i say that?? because he did not persevere, he did not overcome, but fell away from the faith like paul says in 1 timothy 4:1..

just some thoughts..

2007/6/21 22:42Profile
rookie

Re:

Lovegrace wrote;

Quote:
how come Jesus didn't say "i knew you once, but you backslid"..

To be "known" by Jesus one must follow Him. The word of God is sown in many hearts, yet few follow. The fruit of abiding in the vine brings for the nature of Christ in us.

While we were still sinners, Christ death reconciles us to the Father. The Holy Spirit is given to direct us in the way of Christ. No one come to the Son unless the Father draws him. Much more now being reconciled to God through the blood, we shall be "saved by His life."

Those who choose to follow the flesh will die. Those who choose to follow the Spirit will put to death the deeds of the flesh...

Rom. 8:12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors—not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. 13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

God Bless
In Christ
Jeff

2007/6/22 0:17Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy