SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Long hair on men

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Comliments said

Quote:
This was a fun topic.

Really? I think I have an ulcer the size of a pancake >;')

2007/5/15 17:28
Santana

Re:

MOST of the rebellious, wicked heathen guys I know in the world have short hair. Actually probably all of them.

How would us having short hair seperate us from the world?

2007/5/15 19:00Profile

Re: to sis Jeannette:Who would have thought God could teach so much through hair...

Quote:
Ironman said:
indeed hair as kinky (or nappy) as mine (it is especially kinky and thick)is more easily kept short. For our women, it is more expensive to maintain natural hair so the tendancy is to perm it or straighten it. Part of that though is be myth that beautiful hair must be straight like with every other race. We are all wonderfully and fearfully made (nappy hair and all!) and so we ought not think of ourselves as any less [beautiful] because our hair isn't straight. it is as though we don't appreciate the workmanship of God.

I used to [i]long[/i] to have curly hair instead of boring straight hair. As a child I used to put curlers in my Dad's hair - in front where he had just a little strand remaining on his bald patch!

When I went to Uganda first (as a teacher) I loved the natural Afro hair, all springy like sheep's wool. I used to tease the schoolgirls because they were for ever twisting their hair into little knots to straighten it - "If only I had curly hair like you!"

Later I realised that if it grew long it would be impossible to comb because of being too curly.

I also realised this last time (helping in a children's home) that a black child who has soft, silky hair with little curl in it is probably suffering from malnutrition. (I suppose adults could get like this too, but children suffer more because they are growing.) A sign of really extreme malnutrition is if the hair goes a strange sort of ginger colour - the body can't even spare enough protein to make the black hair colour.

Why are we just never content with how we look! Moses even had to point out that someone who was bald was ritually "clean", and to be treated as such!

Blessings

Jeannette

2007/5/15 19:15
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
I think I have an ulcer the size of a pancake

If you do, I'm sure you didn't get it from this thread, Corey! Ulcers are actually caused by bacterial infections, not stress.

Just havin a bit of fun here, nevermind! :-P

Brother Paul

2007/5/15 19:28Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

hey sis Jeannette
greetings in Christ's name!

Quote:
I used to long to have curly hair instead of boring straight hair. As a child I used to put curlers in my Dad's hair - in front where he had just a little strand remaining on his bald patch!

that must have been an experience for your dad! :-P

Quote:
When I went to Uganda first (as a teacher) I loved the natural Afro hair, all springy like sheep's wool. I used to tease the schoolgirls because they were for ever twisting their hair into little knots to straighten it - "If only I had curly hair like you!"

i remember my little sister had a lot of hair and she would oft have it platted. As she got to high school she straigntened it but now it is natural again. She said she wants to grow locks now.

Quote:
Later I realised that if it grew long it would be impossible to comb because of being too curly.

boy does it become impossible to comb...i'd have to comb it while it was still wet or else i'd be miserable...

Quote:
I also realised this last time (helping in a children's home) that a black child who has soft, silky hair with little curl in it is probably suffering from malnutrition. (I suppose adults could get like this too, but children suffer more because they are growing.) A sign of really extreme malnutrition is if the hair goes a strange sort of ginger colour - the body can't even spare enough protein to make the black hair colour.

this is true too. the ends of my locks are turning ginger because i run outside quite a bit. i like it though.

Quote:
Why are we just never content with how we look! Moses even had to point out that someone who was bald was ritually "clean", and to be treated as such!

i suppose it is a function of our vanity which we must contend with daily...well bro Daryl said he has "hair relocation issues" :-P which saves him the drama!

God bless you all

2007/5/15 19:43Profile

Re:

Quote:
If you do, I'm sure you didn't get it from this thread, Corey! Ulcers are actually caused by bacterial infections, not stress.

Just havin a bit of fun here, nevermind!

Where are my Tums? WHERE ARE THEY???

2007/5/15 19:45
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

I don't know Russell Daniel, but is he sinning against God with his long hair? And if so, does Keith rebuke him for it?
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=937]Russell Daniel[/url]

2007/5/16 16:40Profile

Re:

Quote:
I don't know Russell Daniel, but is he sinning against God with his long hair? And if so, does Keith rebuke him for it?

Is the issue about Keith?

2007/5/16 16:43
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

I am just asking. I respect Keith Daniel and his ministry and for those who are opposed to long hair on men, is Russell doing something wrong?

2007/5/16 16:47Profile

Re:

Quote:

JaySaved wrote:
I am just asking. I respect Keith Daniel and his ministry and for those who are opposed to long hair on men, is Russell doing something wrong?

Jay, do you know anything more about this than what is in the picture? Did I miss something earlier in the thread?

2007/5/16 16:55

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy