SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : The View of the Church through a Dream

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
RumbleBee

Houston, Texas

The View of the Church through a Dream

On the night of May 6, 2007, I believe God gave this vision to me in a dream:

The atmosphere was black, ink-like – blacker than anything I could have ever imagined. It was close, and had an unusual heaviness that I could feel. Utter dread and terror was there – an evil. I couldn’t move or say anything because I was frozen with fear. I knew something was happening in that blackness but I couldn’t yet see or hear it.

Ahead of me in the distance, the scene was dramatically different, albeit late in the evening. It was dimly lit. Neither the sun nor the moon was visible, but the sound of people laughing, singing, carrying on simple conversations and pleasantries could be heard. The area was decorated with Chinese lanterns, small strands of lights were hung, music played as an undertone in the background, and tables were lavishly decorated and laden with more food and refreshments than any of the guests could possibly consume.

I could tell it was a gathering of people who knew each other, and shared a common bond or familiarity with one another. The attire was not formal, although a few dressed for the occasion. The night air seemed as though it was balmy because no one wore wraps or jackets. It was a garden party, but these people appeared completely unaware of the danger on its way. They were undaunted by the fact that the pitch-blackness surrounded them and butted up to the edge of the party area. I don’t know if they even noticed it.

The oppressiveness of the blackness drew my attention to it again and I could now see what the darkness had previously obscured. It was an animal that bore only faint resemblance to one for which great controversy has swirled in life.

This animal was lean - almost half-starved. I could see the outline of its ribcage and the sunken hollows around its hips. Its coat was sleek and black, and its eyes were dark, but there in the depths of those eyes, I saw a fiery hatred containing singularity of purpose. Its eyes glowed deeply like the smoldering glow given off by large logs in a fireplace fully consumed, but continuing to burn.

This animal I recognized as a wolf but it was not the beautiful, majestic and free animal one sees in pictures or on nature programs. This animal was not a pack hunter and its hunger was never satiated.

The dread I felt was not for me. I was an unnoticed observer in this dream. The dread I felt was for those people at the party. At some point, I realized the wolf had crossed the unseen, unmarked boundary line of the owner’s property and into the backyard. He crossed at a dead run and in a straight line. Nothing was going to turn him from his chosen course. He displayed no sign of fatigue, and made virtually no sound as he slipped through the night. His objective was clear. I knew his intent was to destroy and devour those people who appeared not to have a care in the world.

It was at this point the dream ended because I suddenly woke up …very disturbed.

It is said that dreams can take only fleeting moments to occur, and that we usually do not remember in great detail the content of those dreams, if anything at all. I can say that the second part of that statement for me is true. There have been only a handful of dreams that I can say with certainty what they were about. Out of those, none have held more clarity and definition than the dream I’ve laid out in the paragraphs above.

There is quite a bit of applicable symbolism in these short paragraphs.

The darkness that encompasses the scenes indicates sin in the world. Darkness hides or obscures sinful activities whether they are in thought or deed. Darkness is an absence of light and makes no allowance for clear vision. Darkness creates fear and dread of the unknown. Darkness also demonstrates a lack of God’s presence – a lack of true faith.

The dim light emanating from the party can represent man’s wisdom and “righteousness” - a manufactured holiness.
The setting was a garden party. Typically, garden parties are held for statesmen, royalty, and social elites. Enormous amounts of preparation go into the planning and execution of these types of events, and the ambiance is a main ingredient of such an affair. In this interpretation, these people consider themselves elites – they have “arrived” as Christians and they haven’t the desire to venture outside of their own social circles. Therefore, they take no thought for anyone outside of their spheres of influence, and have no regard for lost and dying souls. They have no motivation to reach out to others in need, and as long as they are comfortable, well fed, entertained, and validated in their positions, life for them, is good – nothing else matters. Complacency and apathy has set in. The balmy atmosphere represents a situation in which the spirit of conviction is absent in any messages preached. Comfort is of paramount importance. They’re convinced that their brand of spirituality is sufficient. They have a form of righteousness, but because the party is taking place outside, the implication is that people who attend church can still be outside the Will of God.

This is where many of our congregations are in terms of their walk with Christ. They think once they’ve been saved, and have found inclusion, the job is finished – it is the notion of a “once-saved / always-saved” religion, which is not biblical. This is an appealing idea, but it’s a dangerous doctrine to live by. We have eternal security as long as we stay within the confines of God’s laws.
Some people even put a different spin on that same idea. They think that simply at the moment of Christ’s crucifixion, all sins were automatically blotted out – that there is no personal responsibility to actively accept His forgiveness and seek His Will, because there is no sin to forgive. Christ was the propitiation for sin, but until we approach the throne in brokenness, His sacrifice cannot be applied to our lives and purpose.

The setting can also lead to yet another interpretation. The shepherd of the flock has abandoned them, or has possibly even joined them in needing a guide. Although they’ve been led to green pastures and are, for a time, grazing on the bounty set before them, they are extremely vulnerable to attack without a guardian to protect them and lead them out of danger. The light they used to have has faded because they have been seduced by things of the world and are following and perpetuating false doctrine.

Some of our congregations have been abandoned by the ministers in their pulpits because the ministers have become more missions-minded, whether out of a true heart for missions, or out of the personal recognition they can gain from demonstrating all their works in that area. The appeal of listing numerous accomplishments overshadows genuine soul-winning. The local church has been, and is being neglected.

Some of our congregations have lost their shepherd because he has lost his way, his drive, his heart for ministry, or has found himself discouraged and only goes through the motions for the sake of a steady paycheck. In many cases, the anointing of the Holy Spirit on the man’s ministry has never been offered and, although he may be sincere, he has led his congregation down the wrong path through faulty teaching. Not enough of the flock is grounded in, nor studies the Word themselves to discern the remedy for this type of a situation. They are unable to hear the voice of God speaking. Therefore, they begin to equate the simple act of attending church with salvation. The definition of sin and resulting judgment are not an integral part of the ministry of the church, so it is salvation that is broadly defined.

In both interpretations, spiritual darkness and sin has crept up on them unawares and is at the door. Sin has not been beaten back. Sin is not recognized, but it is embraced. It’s like the difference between a coral snake and a scarlet king snake. One is venomous and the other is not, but knowing the difference is vital to survival.

The description of the wolf is the most vivid because he stands out in stark contrast to the happy, capricious guests at the party. His appearance and manner is troubling - unnatural. He looks emaciated. He’s hungry but he possesses a beautiful black coat, and he’s running at top speed with a deliberate destination in mind. His gait is measured and his path does not jog.

To rationalize it in our own understanding, a starving creature would not have the strength or the stamina to move as quickly as this one did. He would also not be able to eat a great deal at one sitting because of his starving condition. The body could not possibly absorb large quantities of food. This creature should not have had such a luxurious fur coat because of his malnourished condition. It should be dull and patchy. Logically, the coat of this animal should appear as unhealthy as the substance of his frame.

Wolves, in general, are pack hunters and social beings, but shy around humans. They work in hierarchical cooperation with one another. The wolf in this dream was neither social nor part of a group. He was alone. He was neither the Alpha nor Omega, but in his world, he was both.

This wolf symbolizes Satan in his natural element. He possesses a burning hatred of God and His people. This wolf’s purpose is to seek out the weak of the flock, as well as those who are ignorant of danger - to devour all. Until completely satisfied, he will always have that hunger. The sleekness of his coat is significant because it suggests that this wolf is not a sick animal. He is as healthy as he ever was. He has feasted well on all those individuals he’s kept from turning to God. But his appetite is focused on The Bride of Christ who is to be holy - wholly without spot or wrinkle.

In the dream, I mentioned the point at which the wolf had crossed a boundary line. Because it was dark and there were no obvious barriers the creature had to negotiate, the boundary itself was an implied boundary. I think this is significant in the meaning of the dream because the church has been so soothed and massaged by popular culture and anemic preaching to such a degree that it is difficult to distinguish where the world’s boundary ends and the church’s boundary begins. Satan has had his way with the world. His final and ultimate goal is to destroy God’s most treasured possession – His Bride.

The church used to have absolute boundaries. She used to hedge herself in the Word of God, but she has acquiesced to social, political, economic, and moral pressures.

The Bridegroom has not yet returned and I’m afraid when He does, He won’t find His bride ready. She has not redeemed the days wisely in preparation for His return. We will all stand at the judgment and give an account of what we’ve done and for the motivation in which we’ve done it. It is not God’s desire that any should perish, but He will let us if we so choose.

I wish for a great conviction to fall on us - one that drives us to our knees in prayer, not only for ourselves because we are undone, but to offer up sincere, agonizing, intercessory prayer for lost souls. Christ needs obedient people to pray so fervently as to stagger the gates of Hell. Prayer is the most effective weapon we have in our arsenal, but we don’t even know how to pray – we don’t take the time to seek God’s face or ask to be given the mind of Christ. Churches don’t stress the importance of it anymore.

I don’t mind telling you that I am disturbed because of the lack of anointed, God-called, Spirit-filled men who are compelled and dare to preach holiness and judgment - who will stand in pulpits across this nation and proclaim the gospel, being concerned only for what God’s opinion is of them. We have some, but they are few and far between, and we should thank God for them. We should be in prayer for God to raise men up to lead the flocks in the pathways of righteousness.

To some, this dream may be the foolish ramblings of a troublemaker with radical, legalistic ideas. Others may actually see the correlation between the symbolism and the condition of the church today, at this moment. They may see it, but aren’t alarmed by it. Not yet. They feel Christ won’t return for a good, long time. Things need to get really bad before He steps out on that cloud to bring to a close this earthly existence.

Christ may not come back for hundreds of years, but we aren’t guaranteed the next minute. At that time, will we be prepared, or will we be found then scrambling for the oil to trim our lamps? How much darker does it have to get before we decide? We are neither hot nor cold, and God doesn’t take fence sitters. We must pick a side. Whatever side we choose is the one in which we will spend eternity.

Mrs. Carol Eads
Houston, Texas

2007/5/12 13:54Profile

Re: The View of the Church through a Dream

Hi Carol

You don't really need to apologise for this dream or justify it - it speaks for itself and is so tragically true.

That is indeed the state of the Western Church in these days.

How many are awake and aware of what is happening?

How many grieve at the blindness and idolatry even in the "born-again" areas of the Church?

Dark days are coming, but so few are aware of the Spirit's warnings.

Yours in Christ

Jeannette

2007/5/14 15:43
staff

Re: The View of the Church through a Dream

Hi rumble bee,
I believe that God reveals uses dreams widely so as to your dream I have no commment but below is just your own personal belief their is as much arguement for "once saved always saved "as to the arguement of you can loose your're salvation.I mean take staying in the confines of Gods laws,how legalistic is that!Can you list all the laws I have to stay within.Do I have to keep every one?
I am not saying that sinning as no consequences,nor I am saying that you cant loose rewards but I am saying "where sin abounds grace abounds even more" and it takes alot to loose your're salvation if at all possible.
[size=x-small][color=0000FF]This is where many of our congregations are in terms of their walk with Christ. They think once they’ve been saved, and have found inclusion, the job is finished – it is the notion of a “once-saved / always-saved” religion, which is not biblical. This is an appealing idea, but it’s a dangerous doctrine to live by. We have eternal security as long as we stay within the confines of God’s laws.[/color][/size]

Quote:

However this does not make the dream invalid but it does shade how you interpret it,
rgds staff

2007/5/14 18:01Profile
RumbleBee

Houston, Texas

Re:

Hello Staff,

Thank you for your response.
The thing I can say about the confines of God’s laws is that they are His divine laws, not man’s.
He’s the one that has defined sin.
“Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law (I John 3:4). To further illustrate that we separate ourselves from the Father, John 3:8 tells us that whoever commits sin is of the devil.
The answer to the question you asked is, yes. We are commanded to keep all of God’s laws as delivered by Christ.

Rumblebee

2007/5/14 22:17Profile
PJ47

S/E USA

Re:

Thank you for posting the dream and interpretation, it confirmed many things the Holy Spirit has been showing me.

I've taken the liberty of copying it..and would like to send it to a few close brothers and sisters in the Lord, with your permission. Like myself, they have been shown similar things as well.

As I read more then post, will check back to make sure of having an ok from you, before sending it to my friends.

God bless...

2007/5/15 2:55Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Noticed that PJ47 has copied it, so have I.

For me, dream or no dream, it is so transparent.

The Church, I believe, is in a worse condition than we could even possibly imagine.

Much darker than we know.

Also, I don't believe once saved always saved.

That is yet another man made teaching and goes wholly against scripture.

One example in scripture is found in Hebrews 10v38, 'Now the just shall live by faith, but if anyone draws back, My soul has no pleasure in him.

Verse 39 warns of those who draw back to perdition, perdition is destruction.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

God bless.

2007/5/15 4:19Profile
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re:

Deleted - wrong thread!

2007/5/15 4:40Profile
RumbleBee

Houston, Texas

Re:

Dear PJ47,

Yes, you have my permission to send it to whom you like.
We are to be encouragers of each other and are to work to bring others to our Lord.
You have indeed encouraged me by asking.

Thank you so much, God Bless you as well.

Rumblebee

2007/5/15 6:25Profile
RumbleBee

Houston, Texas

Re:

We need your prayers now more than ever for this matter.
We just handed over to our pastor a copy of the dream and our interpretation exactly as it is listed at the start of this post.
We would also appreciate anyone’s input on how we should prepare or proceed because this will result in a meeting with the pastor himself.
Our prayer now is to lift him up so he will be up to the task of taking the church to the level it is meant to be.

We appreciate your prayers and advice.

Carol Eads

2007/5/19 14:06Profile

Re:

Hi Carol!

I just wanted to stop by and encourage you, I will be praying for him and you. I hope he comes through for you but if not, I pray your faith rests in Jesus Christ alone.

This is just Lisa's view, but one thing I've noticed in people is that our belief system is built like a wall. (I hope I explain this right and understandable). When someone comes along who shares truth we us, we MUST either keep one of our bricks or take it out of the wall. And the majority of the time, that one brick is the foundation for many other bricks and in order to believe the new truth or admit it's truth, several bricks must be taken out. Some people aren't willing to let their wall fall.

Let me explain on a more personal level, when I confronted my ex-husband about certain issues in our marriage, I saw it in his eyes - he almost admitted the truth but then he knew that in order to admit one thing, he would have to had admit to several other things. I watched his eyes go cold as he denied anything and I knew he had chosen his path. I also saw literally almost the same thing with the pastor where I used to go to church when I confronted him about some things I knew. I'm not saying your pastor has lied!!! I was just trying to explain how I've come to notice how people behave when the truth comes knocking on their door!

And if you're pastor doesn't embrace the truth the Lord has allowed you to see, be patient with him because in order to believe this new truth you've posed to him, it could be possible that so many things he has based his ministry on may have to change. He may not be willing (right now) to do consider that.

Hopefully, he'll take the leap of faith! But if he doesn't, it doesn't mean you have to leave your church. Pray for him and give him time to digest what's he's learned and to pray about it all and most importantly - give God time to work in your pastor's heart and mind - and we all know that God doesn't get overly excited about anything that we do!! LOL Nor does God rush into things. And I may be barking up the wrong tree here but if the devil did tempt you to leave, then it might take even MORE years for your pastor to this new belief.

Patience is the name of the game! And it's one of the fruits of the Spirit!! I'm sorry if I barked up the wrong tree, your pastor sounds like he's a good man and willing to read. There are so many that aren't.

Yours truly in the Lord (from Andrew Bonar!),
Lisa

2007/5/19 19:37

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy